WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Any Members offering Lead Analysis Service?

Boolit Master

Any Members offering Lead Analysis Service?

Wondering if any members offer this service anymore? Thanks!

Boolit Buddy
    BNE did last I knew.

Boolit Master
    BNE posted in another thread that he is, for the most part, on hiatus from XRF, being affected by, among other things, COVID19 (the equipment he uses is at work).

I'm sure it's temporary, and that he'll be back. Hopefully you'd like analysis of alloy you already have, so that it can wait. If it's a transaction dependent on the analysis, the only other resource I know of is Rotometals, though the cost is much higher. There's a link to their website in the header banners above.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Try you local scrap yards, saying you have a bunch of this alloy you would like to sell.

Mabe for a couple bucks or so they will do the 40 second test for you. Not bad $$ for a minute's work.

My yards all do it for free with I buy Pb and alloys. Nice numbers to know!

banger

Boolit Master

Try to contact typz2slo and see what he has to say.
    Mike

Benefactor Member NRA
    Life Member Iowa Firearms Coalition
    US Army Vet

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
    One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams 1826

Quote Originally Posted by kevin c View Post
    BNE posted in another thread that he is, for the most part, on hiatus from XRF, being affected by, among other things, COVID19 (the equipment he uses is at work).

I'm sure it's temporary, and that he'll be back. Hopefully you'd like analysis of alloy you already have, so that it can wait. If it's a transaction dependent on the analysis, the only other resource I know of is Rotometals, though the cost is much higher. There's a link to their website in the header banners above.
    Almost correct. My work is considered essential and we are very busy. Add to that, way wife and I took in a huge project at home, I’m just “full up” for a while. It’s all good, especially considering world events right now, I just don’t want more than I can handle for a while. I will return, just need a couple of months!

BNE.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the clarification, BNE.

I’ve taken a sample to the local college and their geology department was able to give me an analysis.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Got a nice surprise this afternoon, we got a XFR at work. If anyone needs there alloy analyzed get ahold on me and I'll help any way that I can.

Thanks
    LH

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LEADHOPPER View Post
    Got a nice surprise this afternoon, we got a XFR at work. If anyone needs there alloy analyzed get ahold on me and I'll help any way that I can.

Thanks
    LH
    I have some stuff, it is lead, that I know. I don't really know what is in it. It is fairly hard but will not fill out a mold worth a d***. Did the acid test and no zinc. Has a crystalline look to it so I am thinking a lot of antimony. I have about three hundred lbs. of this stuff and would like to use it but need to know what to add if anything that will make it workable.

This stuff was in big weights cast into those old huge coffee cans and had an eye stuck in it for a rope. The coffee cans long ago rusted away so this stuff is old. My guess from looking a a hammer made the same way with a very thick threaded copper handle would be at least 75 years old.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Many handheld XRF guns on internet but no prices unless you contact them. How much do they cost?
    https://www.sciaps.com/xrf-handheld-...hoCCCYQAvD_BwE
    Regards
    John

Boolit Man
    $14,000 to $22,000

Boolit Master
    I have easy access to our XRF gun at work, and use it to analyze at least a sample of all scrap I melt down or ingots/bars of unknown composition. If anybody wants a sample tested, PM me. You send me a 1 pound ingot of what you want tested, and I will provide a report to you in pdf format in return.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daekar View Post
    I have easy access to our XRF gun at work, and use it to analyze at least a sample of all scrap I melt down or ingots/bars of unknown composition. If anybody wants a sample tested, PM me. You send me a 1 pound ingot of what you want tested, and I will provide a report to you in pdf format in return.
    See my post #10 and let me know if you are interested.