Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything

Thread: Yesterday on their facebook page the gun club announced that it was open.....

Boolit Master

Yesterday on their facebook page the gun club announced that it was open.....

Members only , no guests, no extended family, no gatherings of any kind, maintain your distance. But they are open and I can go shoot. So today I did, but first I took my accumulated card board to repair the target stands. They were a mess and needed repairing and some were not repairable, so I will have to make some more as soon as I come across some suitable scrap lumber. There were three other men there at various times and we conversed from a safe distance, it was great. I shot the little 410 bore with some 444 marlin brass reloads and they worked. Pattern density is not great at 25 yds using 1/2 oz of shot. I used herco, blue dot,2400 , wc820, and IMR 4227 for powder charges . the 4227 was mild and dirty as in not all getting burned. But the rest went well with Herco being cleanest , it is also the one I have the most of. The 9mm carbine seemed to like the 150 gr round nose loads which I sold the mold for a while ago. I will have to replace it when I get through my supply of bullets cast up. It did not like the 105 gr wad cutter , It did not group well and it did not feed 100% either so I will move on from that mold. And the old 45 did pretty well with some 200 gr lipstick red flat point loads. I also found 2 magazines full of snow drift recovered FMJ bullets that I loaded up at some point. They all went boom. I was happy!
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

It's good to get out and do things you enjoy. We have a local range that is open to the public and is county operated. No R.O. use at your own risk. It's been open through this late panic. Down side of no R.O. supervision is that people are such PIGS with the trash they leave behind. County usually sends out the jail work crew every third Thursday to clean up. During this time of high unemployment things just got worse. Went out to test loads last Friday and the gates were closed and the county heavy equipment (Loaders and Graders) were scraping and extending the lanes burying all the trash in the end berms. People PLEASE old TVs and computers propane bottles and rotting vegetables are not proper targets. Rant over. Gp

One of my clubs here in Victoria just re-opened yesterday with the same sort of restrictions. Members only for now (no guests) and please keep distance. Only 3 shooters at a time on the Trap and Skeet fields for our practices to keep spacing at a reasonable distance. The club has also placed spray bottles of disinfectant at many locations around the property too. I'm going to meet another member out there next Tuesday morning so that we can shoot some rifle together. I'll finally get to test fire some of the vintage single shot rifles that I've added to my collection recently.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Grand Master

I received an email from one of the ranges I belong to today. They said they are “finally” reopening soon and then listed off all the social distancing policies. The only reason I’m still a member is because of their pistol ranges. Otherwise I would have told them to pound sand. I belong to another range that’s closer and it’s been open the entire time. That one isn’t behind a locked gate and the cost is 80% less per year. If only they had a dedicated pistol range.

Most of the ranges by me have stayed open regardless of what the Governor said. It’s always enlightening when you see the political leanings of the board members. Time to vote them out next election.

Boolit Master
    Hi..
    I received a notice that one of our local gun clubs here in southcentral Pennsylvania has reopened as of May 1.
    I assume they closed due to some selectively applied political pressure. Lots of politics at that club.
    The other club I belong to never closed.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 375supermag View Post
    Hi..
    I received a notice that one of our local gun clubs here in southcentral Pennsylvania has reopened as of May 1.
    I assume they closed due to some selectively applied political pressure. Lots of politics at that club.
    The other club I belong to never closed.
    It was closed because Governor Wolf deemed them nonessential. And the board complied w/ this ridiculous order. Kudos to the other ranges for ignoring the order and staying open.

Boolit Master

Hear here!!
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

Mine is essential because it's the main transmission line from plant Vogtle on land we lease in Burke Co. As it happens I took my .270 with some 130 gr Nosler partitions I loaded this week over 48 gr IMR 4064. Shot 5 times at 400 yds. Not too badbut room for improvement. Oh yeah, took a little corn that I dumped around some hog sign that grandson and I are gonna check out in the morning.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	261810
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

Our local range has reopened.
    Friday through Monday.
    Not all week as before.

Boolit Master
    I am getting ready to leave to shoot a Steel Challenge match today, it will be interesting to see how social distancing will effect the matches.

Boolit Master
    My club in California has reopened, with changes following the state guidelines: six feet between shooting positions, masks required, plexiglas shield and one way entry/exit at the cashier's, social distancing requirement, admonishment to stay at home if sick or at high risk, extra hand washing stations and sanitizer available. Also we're a private facility: not open to the public at this time.

No matches yet. Action pistol shooters shoot in squads, so the distancing thing has to be dealt with.

I anticipate that the older, most at risk shooters will participate less, until such time as they feel safe to mingle, with or without other precautions.

My wife's main sport is ballroom dance. For participants most events are a series of dances with ever changeing partners, face to face, hand in hand, with ongoing conversations inches apart. Hand washing between partners is not a reasonable expectation. Most participants are retirement age plus. My wife does not expect there to be many dance events in the foreseeable future, let alone, ah, "healthy" attendance.

Boolit Master

We never closed . With a 50 yd. Pistol/rimfire, 2 25 yd. Action/steel bays, 300yd. Rifle, and about 400 members. Still never see 10 folks on any one Range . Matches open, but limited to 9 shooters and a match director . Relays have to spaced to allow time for 1st relay to vamoose . Sucks, but better than no matches !