Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Hornady Customer Service

Boolit Master

Hornady Customer Service

Some time back got a Hornady powder scale from a member here as a back-up for my old Ohaus 505. Decided to try it out the other day and had an issue with the poise on the large beam staying in place. Seemed to want to move on its own if I overloaded the pan and the beam hit the top of its movement. Called Hornady and they said "send send it back". Mailed it out and Thurs AM got an e-mail from them saying they had it. Thurs PM got a second e-mail saying it was on its way back. Was on my porch yesterday, they sent a new replacement.

This virus may be slowing some things down but definitely not Hornady customer service.

Boolit Buddy
    Thats outstanding service. Sounds like they are trying to "Make America Great Again".

I've had good luck with them also. Upgraded my 30 year old Projector press to the ammo plant press that was on sale at Midway. A couple plastic pieces were cracked in shipping. Not their fault, not Midways, not worth filing a UPS claim. Called them up, told them what happened and what parts were needed. "we'll get them right out to you" was their response. No charge and got the parts in two days since they shipped them fedex. Didn't even ask for the ser# of the press.

They've been good to me.
    I had a powder measure from the early 80's that the plastic tube had finally turned orange and cracked 30-something years later.

I called to buy one, and they wouldn't let me pay for it.
    3-4 days later it arrived.

I gorilla fisted my new AP on a jammed case, and broke the star looking part under it that advances the shell plate around.
    I called 'em up to get a new one,,,, figuring it would be about $30.

I told them straight up it wasn't a warranty claim---- I broke it, and was willing to pay for my own mistake.
    They charged me $1.88 for the part, so I got a spare too.
    3-4 days later it was in the mail box.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

I’ve used the repair departments of:
    RCBS
    Hornady
    Vortex
    Smith & Wesson / Thompson Center Arms
    Winchester
    and each time I had pleasant experiences. I wish other industries would follow their lead.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master
    Good ole Nebraska boys at their finest! Those fellas are rock stars in my book.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I love to hear about these kinds of experiences people have with the companies that all of us spend with. It’s very re affirming that they back there product.

Boolit Mold
    Hornady customer service is good to go. I’ve had numerous small pieces to my LNL AP replaced but them with no problems. Just give them a call with the part number and they send it off in the mail.

Boolit Master

Yes they have treated me very well in the past, even when it was my fault and I told them so. Person on the phone stated "Lifetime Warrantee" no questions asked. james

Boolit Buddy
    I have talked to them a few times. And have had them replace something that I broke or just missed handled. They have been great to deal with!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Looks like I'm odd duck out.
    Do to situation beyond my control I had about 5 or more of the Hornady seating dies loose and grungy.
    After cleaning and trying to get in operation, it became obvious that none of them were marked any where, other than "seater'.
    I proceeded to take the sliding parts out and measure-accurately and recorded measurements!
    9mm Makarov, 9mm P, 38 Special, 44 MAg. 45 ACP were in the mix.
    I contacted 'support' to see if they could assist me in deciding which sleeve was which.
    This request went through more than two back and forth requests/replies.
    Guess they were afraid I'd mass produce the sleeves and stems on my drill press.
    Their seater logic reminds me of Lee's numbering, except Lee does at least number things.
    These were not telephone inquiries, just e-mail, as I've had comments about my telephone demeanor and/or lack of patience.
    So, now when I have a question about a Hornady item, I just take a close look at it, measure if necessary, and come to an unofficial answer.
    As final analysis I feel their hardware is good but their service dept is lacking.
    I do have two seaters whose sleeves are marked, 17 caliber and 32, probably manufactured by external contractor .