Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moisin Bore Mikes .317"

Boolit Master

Yes, I've slugged it several times. The first time I did it I was surprised it was so large so I did it a second time. Same result.
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master
    look for a mold that casts at .321 and has a gas check shank. If you are concerned sizing down standard 8mm cast bullets. Try google for .321 cast bullets with gas check shank. I have one of the 1888 Commission rifles that slugs out at .321. So just about any regular 8mm mold can be sized down to .323 and give me a good .002 over the bore size. I've done this for my Finn 1935 model 27 which has a .3115 bore diameter so size to .3135 and away we go.Frank

Boolit Master

OK, I finally found some time to do the pound cast. The case neck mikes 0.338", the rifling immediately in front of the case mouth mikes 0.314" and tapers to 0.317" at the muzzle. Sooooo.......... I'm thinking I'm boogered! I'll beagle the mould to drop 0.315-6" and see if it'll chamber. If not I'll just drop back to 0.314" and shoot'em up!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master

So the chamber neck is in spec. Most are. As I stated in my earlier post, you will probably need to neck turn to shoot the bigger boolits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12