Load DataWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Shelter in place diet !

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Dang good looking meatloaf Ed !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Well I went fishing on the river this morning . Started sprinkling rain pretty heavy , thought I was going to get rained out . But it passed to the north .

Stayed about 21/2 hours , did't even get hardly any bites . Finally caught about a 2 pound carp , just threw him back . A guy in a boat came from upriver and killed his engine asking me if I had done any good . He said he'd been upriver since daylight and only got one good bite but he threw the hook . Told him I had been there for an hour or so and hadn't even got a nibble . He said...I'm loadin up and goin home . I just told him...If it don't pick up pretty quick I'll be right behind you . He cranked up and left .

So ! Besides the little carp I got skunked on that trip . Came home and had lunch , half a chicken breast and one yellow squash . Stayed kind of busy and had the other half of that steak from yesterday and a small salad .

Then I made some apples . Two big green Granny Smith apples , cut in wedges . 0 calorie butter , splenda with a tablespoon of lemon juice . Microwaved em for 5 min , pulled em out half way and stirred them to get the cinnamon coating even . Just tastes like apple pie filling , It's 110 calories with 2 apples . I'll eat half now and the other half in the morning . Cheap and easy to make and low cal ! I make it even when I'm not trying to lose weight . Total calories for today is 824 .

Hope you all had a good day where ever you are and wish you an even better day tomorrow !

Weigh in 5-14-20 . This morning I was..........206.4

Not a pound but not bad ! Had some pineapple for breakfast , I don't ever get tired of pineapple ! I saw something floating in the river yesterday . Didn't pay it much mind but after I got home I started thinking . In my 'compulsiveness' I'm always thinking of a use for different useless things . I don't know...just seems kind of like a challenge to me to make something out of nothing .

I'll have to think on it some more before I commit but I might be able to use what was floating in the river . I'll get back to you later .

In the meantime I'll leave you with the only picture I took yesterday when at the river .

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Well I went fishing on the river this morning . Started sprinkling rain pretty heavy , thought I was going to get rained out . But it passed to the north .

Stayed about 21/2 hours , did't even get hardly any bites . Finally caught about a 2 pound carp , just threw him back . A guy in a boat came from upriver and killed his engine asking me if I had done any good . He said he'd been upriver since daylight and only got one good bite but he threw the hook . Told him I had been there for an hour or so and hadn't even got a nibble . He said...I'm loadin up and goin home . I just told him...If it don't pick up pretty quick I'll be right behind you . He cranked up and left .

So ! Besides the little carp I got skunked on that trip . Came home and had lunch , half a chicken breast and one yellow squash . Stayed kind of busy and had the other half of that steak from yesterday and a small salad .

Then I made some apples . Two big green Granny Smith apples , cut in wedges . 0 calorie butter , splenda with a tablespoon of lemon juice . Microwaved em for 5 min , pulled em out half way and stirred them to get the cinnamon coating even . Just tastes like apple pie filling , It's 110 calories with 2 apples . I'll eat half now and the other half in the morning . Cheap and easy to make and low cal ! I make it even when I'm not trying to lose weight . Total calories for today is 824 .

Hope you all had a good day where ever you are and wish you an even better day tomorrow !
    Carp is actually decent eating if it is a small one. Filet, cut out the mud line and make sure all under skin fat is off. then fry or bake or broil. Needs no added fat since carp is fatty to begin with. Pick around the bones while eating... LOT of omega 3... https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts...roducts/4035/2

I completely agree Mary , carp stand falsely accused . lol , I started this thread eating carp . It's a very mild white meat with no fishy smell or taste . Kind of a flaky cod meat and the bones are not even a problem . I like a 5-8 pound fish . They are a little hard to skin but no big deal , after that you fillet em like any other . Thought about baking that two pounder whole , I always wanted to try that but never have . There are no bones in the very top and very bottom of the filet . The bones are in the middle where the thick meat is . We only have the 'common' carp here , I never fished any of the other types . Strong fighting fish , fun to catch .

The day is drawing to a close pretty quick . Had half a chicken breast with mustard , the other half of acorn squash from yesterday and an apple for lunch . Had a hamburger pattie from the freezer , a yellow squash and an apple for supper . Of coarse I had 3 Atomic Fireballs during the day too !
    Total calories..............869 .

Didn't get much done today , still haven't finished the living room ...need to finish that ! So ! Till tomorrow I pray you rest well and had a good day .

Boolit Grand Master

Let me add one more piece of advice and then I'll shut up.

When losing weight you are learning how to eat to lose weight. This is something good to know because you can always go back to it if you need to. Once you reach your goal you have a new challenge = learning to eat to maintain what you have. It will be similar but slightly different and needs to be equally thought out.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Weigh in 5-15-20...OOOP'S ! Weighed in at 206.6

Well heck ! I gained 2/10th's of a pound . I'm not really even disappointed , I have had a dang good run this time at losing . This is only a pause , I expected it to happen before now . Being as I'm posting results I have been extra mindful to lose steadily . In my experience there's no way when trying to lose every day . And of coarse the longer you go the loss gets more incremental unless your trying to hurt yourself by total abstinence .

Like Wayne posted in the thread ..it's learning a new way to adjust your eating to maintain your desired weight .

Well the ol back was acting up today . Didn't get much work done . But did some 'stupid' stuff , grocery run , doctor visit , finished the living room carpet . Not a lot of activity today . Was in and out of the house but ;

Had a big ol apple for breakfast ;

Two zucchini squash with pepper and Parmesan cheese for lunch ;

Then had a chicken breast with salsa with a big tomato with lo cal ranch dressing . It was good !; Total calories for the day 719 .

I did recycle a vinegar jug into a scoop for soured grain when catfish and carp fishing , that took at least 5 min , LOL . Hershey is pretty interested in that stinking sour grain .

So ! We'll see what happens at the morning weigh in !
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-15-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Weigh in 5-16-20 ! ....................206.4

Well it's a new low BUT only barely . Lost 4/10ths yesterday , still hovering at 6 plus . It can be disheartening after having big loses but it's par for the coarse . If you have quite a bit of weight to lose you'll stall out occasionally even when your eating light . They say it's your body kicking into survival mode , it's an imbalance of dieting with your system trying to compensate . There are all kinds of theories , conjecture and here say .

You can drive yourself crazy reweighing and trying to find a plausible medically correct excuse . I have been down this road too many times . I know that if your eating right to lose you'll break out of the 'slump' . It's to be expected .

Had breakfast this morning . Had half of one of these ;

A Lonestar yellow dew melon grown down in the valley at the tip of Texas . Never had one before but they had em on sale at the grocery store 2 for 5 bucks . It's a soft melon , sweet and I enjoyed it will buy them again . There no calorie counter with this melon on it so I'll go with the calorie count of a honeydew melon . Half a melon =165 calories .

It's been a pretty boring day . Had a heck of a storm last night , steady continuous thunder and lightning . Wind got high and it rained till about 1 oclock in the afternoon . Just did chores and gave a dog a bath , it was a light work day . Had a bowl of the soup I made the other day at lunch . For supper had a small crappie filet with pepper and dill and a yellow squash with o calorie butter and black pepper . Tried to trim back on the food just a little .

Hate that it rained in respect to getting out working , fishing or anything outside . LOL , need to get out of my losing 'slump' . But as they say....It'll all work out !

My church opens back up tomorrow so I'll have a place to go at least . I have been missing going to church . Well we'll see what tomorrow brings for the weigh in ! I'm ready to be a loser again .

Weigh in 5-17-20 . The break out !................205.2

Back in the saddle again ! Lost a fraction over a pound...Good deal ! Just ate a hair less and no salt except in the soup I ate . Had the other half of that Texas melon for breakfast this morning ;

Going to church this morning , haven't thought about lunch . Sun is suppose to be out today , hope it dries up quick . It has started out to be a good day with a nice loss and better weather . I'll go from there !

Well in was good to be able to go to church again ! Everyone was glad . Got home and had 2 baked chicken legs and a cucumber cut up in vinegar . For supper had a small piece of steak and a quarter head of cabbage , lot of black pepper in that cabbage . Had my Atomic Fireballs during the day and it's all worked out well . Supper ;

It's been a good low calorie day , total calories..640 . Hoping the weigh in will be a good one.....Time will tell ! Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life here and I am optimistic !

Boolit Master
    I found a diet that worked well: eat as much fat as you can find and don't shy away from the protein/meat, BUT eat as little sugar/carbs as possible.

Keto/low carb worked for me and I don't even do it as strict as suggested. Being active really helps. 4 months into it, I was walking miles every day with a toolbelt on while doing barb wire fencing. It wasn't a problem to eat as much as I wanted, but I avoided bread, ate low carb torillas and yogurt, and had salad for lunch everyday with eggs and meat for breakfast. heavy cream is always used in my coffee and I don't drink soda and low carb beer helps with the diet even though I usually don't have more than one in an evening.

When I started the diet, I bought a smoker and use it often. For the last couple months I have eaten less strict, but I always ask myself if it is worth eating the carbs. If not, I skip it or eat a low carb version. Pizza, waffles, and a few others don't have good tasting low carb versions so I cheat.

Weigh in 5-18-20 ...................204.8

Well not a big loss but a loss none the less . Almost a half pound . I'm 'satisfied' with it . Had another half of one of those Texas melons for breakfast this morning . No plans for lunch , got a dentist appointment at 11 oclock so I'm figuring no lunch . LOL , I'll be pretty numbed up from the procedure . The ground is drying up , might be able to get out and do some work in the yard this evening...hope so anyway . Suns out !

Boolit Grand Master

Hah - ground drying, that is! With Andrew leaving the area we had a very messy day and rain predicted every day the next week - another low coming up from Florida. Saw my MD today, A1C was 6.2 and at 66 years experienced (me) she was very pleased with that. I hope we see the sun this week!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

My day went well ! Had a bowl of soup for lunch . Had a big piece of turkey breast , another quarter head of boiled cabbage and an apple for supper .

Didn't get much work done , got a medical procedure coming up tomorrow . Might not be able to post but I'll try to ! It was a dang nice day today , got up near 90 degrees . I can almost hear the river bank getting dry enough to go fishing again . total calories for today....740 .

5-19-20 weigh in . ......................204.2

Well ....not bad . Hoped to get down to the 203 mark but the fickle finger of diet destiny couldn't let it be . I have that medical procedure at noon , not suppose to eat or drink till then . Although I did drink 3 cups of coffee at about 4 this morning . So ! Maybe I'll be a big loser tomorrow ? We shall see !
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-20-2020 at 05:12 AM.

I got the procedure out of the way , Got a trial spinal stimulated to try out till Friday . Couldn't eat or drink this morning because of the procedure . Had a bowl of soup for lunch then had two yellow squash with 0 calorie butter and black pepper . Had a salad with the squash , just lettuce , tomatoes and onion with lo cal dressing . Supper ;

Sure ought to get down in the 3's tomorrow morning . LOL, if I don't I'll blame it on the unit taped to my back ! Calories for today ......520 . Hope you had a good day !
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-20-2020 at 07:17 AM.

Admission/correction !

Yesterday I put down 205.2 . It should have been 204.2 ! It goes to prove I shouldn't put up anything till I have had a least 2 cups of coffee . As I have gotten older I find it best not to make decisions when I first get up . LOL , I need to let the fog clear a bit !

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast