MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Shelter in place diet !

Boolit Master

Love my FoodSaver too!

Love my FoodSaver! With just me at home, I wouldn't be able to smoke brisket, sausages, pork, etc. and keep eating on it for months without one!
    Ed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brisket.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	261648

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Love my FoodSaver! With just me at home, I wouldn't be able to smoke brisket, sausages, pork, etc. and keep eating on it for months without one!
    Ed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brisket.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	261648

Completely agree ! Lots of advantages ! I buy a lot (most) of my meat on sale or in the 'bargain bin' . Will cook a whole oven full and bag it up . Usually just a heat and eat situation unless I want to add to it .

My son lived with me for 6 months last year while he remolded a home he had bought . I use the Foodsaver so often he called it...my hobbie .
    No turning back , No turning back !

This was lunch ! But I forgot to include the black pepper shaker .

Moderator Emeritus

Great source for Food Saver bags and rolls https://foodvacbags.com/ I prefer the premade bags just to cut down on how long I stand in one spot(kills my thoracic spine area)and these guys have the best price.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Great source for Food Saver bags and rolls https://foodvacbags.com/ I prefer the premade bags just to cut down on how long I stand in one spot(kills my thoracic spine area)and these guys have the best price.
    Hi Mary,
    Thanks for the tip!
    Ed

Just had supper . Half a chicken breast with salsa and plenty of turnips . I added in an apple that I'll have in an hour or so . Total calorie intake for today 830 calories . Had plenty to eat and liked everything . Hope all of you rest well tonight !

Boolit Buddy
    those eggs look good, care to share the recipe?

Boolit Grand Master

"Had plenty to eat and liked everything" - that's the key - rediscovering true satisfaction rather than stuffing myself.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post

Thanks Mary . I'll check it out , I use a lot of quart size bags !

THE WEIGH IN !

Well again stumbled in to the coffee pot and got that cranked up . Fed my poor staving dogs and went to the bathroom where the scales are . I weigh every morning wearing a T shirt , shorts and socks . So ! There is no variable in loss (or gain) due to what I'm wearing .

My daughter used to cheat when she was trying to lose weight . She would do her first weigh in fully clothed . Then when she had 'cheated on her diet she would shed a few items of clothing to weigh . LOL , it's not much of a way to cheat though because you run out of clothes/shoes to take off . Plus your lying to even yourself . It's counterproductive .

Weigh in this morning was not quite as big , weighed 213 . Still a dang good loss at 2 pounds but still mainly fluid . Haven't decided what's for breakfast , probably just fruit . I don't ever eat much in the morning...never have . But with the 'medical' hindrances I have I'm trying to eat three times a day since I'm trying to do less than a thousand calories a day right now . That will change shortly though , not good for me to push it to the limit .

Boolit Master

Posted the recipe!

Quote Originally Posted by thraxx View Post
    those eggs look good, care to share the recipe?
    Hi,
    Be happy to. Rather than hijack Boaz's thread, I posted the recipe here:

Spicy Pickled Eggs

Ed

Hi,
    Be happy to. Rather than hijack Boaz's thread, I posted the recipe here:

Spicy Pickled Eggs

Ed
    Heck ! Go on and put it up . I was curious myself , I pickle eggs pretty often . I like anything that's pickled . I meant for this to be conversational thread anyway .

Well I decided what was for breakfast ! 90 calories

Just for conversation this is the back of my suv right now .

It's what I take fishing . It has occurred to me that it's more or less crazy to take this much junk for a 4 hour fishing trip . Being overly compulsive and not very smart I tend to 'complicate' a lot of things applying to much preparedness in the game plan . Maybe it's because I was a Boy Scout ? lol , remember....be prepared ! I need to condense this stuff down to a more manageable situation . Many times it takes 3 loads to get it into the river . The Harbor Freight folding chair in the picture already has pockets on the sides so it will be the main focus .

I'll be back later !

OK ! Here we go ! This is my old Harbor Freight chair , bought 2 of em long ago when they were on sale for $12.00 apiece . Dang nice fishing chair . The misc black pieces laying on it is an 'arm immobilizer I had to wear after having a shoulder replaced last January . It went around your waist and has a shoulder strap . I took it apart , it's mostly velcroed together . I intend to incorporate it to make a shoulder strap to carry the chair and another bigger pocket on the side . This is a view of the left side of the chair with existing pockets .

Heck . I need to make a Walmart run ! If you have any ideas I'm pretty open minded . Thanks !
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-06-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

One more piece of advice - never eat carbohydrates without also some protein. This tells your body to use the energy and not store it as fat, believe it or not. A couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese in that cantaloupe would do it.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Going for an easy lunch today . Heat and eat . Normally I don't eat a lot of canned stuff...too much salt . This soup ain't bad if you put about a tablespoon of Tabasco it it .

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Thanks Mary . I'll check it out , I use a lot of quart size bags !
    I just got in 400 of them LOL yeah I use a bunch that size! Will last about a year...

The day is winding down . Stayed fairly busy ...it was a nice day , got up to about 80 degrees . Made a pot of collard greens , just greens and seasoning . Wish there was some smoked pork in em but they are still good just 'seasoned up' ;

Suppertime ! Having the other half chicken breast with spicy brown mustard from yesterday and a big bowl of collards ;

Will have a couple of small nectarines later . Total calories for today...598 . Got sidetracked from the 'fishing chair' but there's tomorrow...I hope !

Weigh in !......OOP's !

Well after 3 days of pretty big weight loss I broke even this morning . Weighed in at the same as yesterday...213 pounds . Not totally unexpected for me , though I ate sparingly the 'water' retention is a wild card variable . But we are down to the actual 'fat' of the matter now . This ain't my first rodeo in weight loss . From now on I won't be having those deceiving big losses due to fluid retention . But on the bright side my pants are fitting better ! lol

Well I worked on the 'fishing chair' for about 30 min and here's the prototype . Every thing I added was made out of the the old arm demoblizer . All Velcroed with dang good medical grade velcro ! lol, it's full loaded in the picture . The shoulder strap worked really good . I weighed it with my fish scales and it hefted out at 18.3 pounds . I'm sure I'll 'improve' it after actually using it ....Maybe tomorrow ? Depends on the wind .

Heck ! Lets make some pickled beets . lol , now from past reading here I know there are a lot of beet haters but have patience with me . Always remember that I'm not too smart , dumb people do dumb things ?

I put a little white (or apple) vinegar in a seal able container , add two tp of Equal 0 calorie sugar substitute and stir it up . Of coarse you can use real sugar if you want . Add one can of whole or slices beets . Finish filling with vinegar till beets are covered . Sit it in the fridge and they are ready tomorrow . Today we are recycling a cottage cheese container , I save em because they are handy for different things .

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast