MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Shelter in place diet !

Boolit Master

I've been baking pies, ostensibly to give away....but I always make 2. Gotta go lean for a while.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	261566
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    I've been baking pies, ostensibly to give away....but I always make 2. Gotta go lean for a while.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	261566
    Dang Hogtamer ! You don't have much mercy on a guy that just went on a diet putting up pictures like that (LOL) . What kind is it ...lemon meringue ? I have seen pictures of your cooking before and you do well ! I'm more the down home simple cooking...probably just laziness on my part . Well done sir !

Well got up about 4 this morning , stumbled to the coffee pot and fed my poor starving spoiled house dogs . I weighed in at 118 . Yep ! Nice 3 pound weight loss in one day . BUT ! It won't hold up losing that much every day . As I stated earlier , I'll lose big for 3 days . I cut out all salt yesterday , that 3 pounds was all water . Had to get out of bed last night 4 times to go pee pee .

I have been down this path many times so it's not hard to predict . I deserve no credit for real weight loss for about 3 days .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master

I forgot to mention that on a diabetic diet green veggies are unlimited with the exception of peas and carrots - they have enough sugar to count in your carb count. So yes, two veggies at every meal is a good idea. My problem are the fruits - I used to pig out on them, fresh, dried, stewed, you name it, if it was fruit I ate a lot of it.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Well got some chicken breasts at the grocery store . Just ziplocked em with Tabasco and minced fresh garlic . I'll let em sit overnight in the fridge and bake em tomorrow !

Moderator Emeritus

I retired early... disabled with way t many back and joint issues to list... my main meal of the day is lunch, and that is usually some lean protein, salad loaded with veg, maybe a little cheese... sensible portions is key, I eat more greens and veg than meat. About 3 hours before bed I have a very small snack of some sort, half a sandwich, some cheese and crackers... less than 300 calories and NOT sugary!

Been maintaining my weight fairly well, it will bounce up at holidays then settle back down after I work it off the following week. Summer I always lose weight via sweat and replacing fat with muscles from garden work. When you are as screwed up joint wise as I am it is VERY hard to find exercise that doesn't lead to pain! Went fishing this weekend and all the up and down hill walking has my low back screaming at me today!

Boolit Master

Put up spicy pickled eggs

Hi all,
    Still working away at it. Part of my routine is when I do finally break my fast at 4 pm, I have a protein rich first mini-meal consisting of a pickled egg, a slice of bacon, and a V8 juice. Just like brewing beer, if you want to keep it on tap, you need to keep it in the pipeline, so I put up 2 dz pickled eggs this afternoon. Only takes about 45 minutes with very little prep. The worst thing is having to wait for a week or so before they hit their stride. But boy, the wait sure is worth it!
    Ed

Name:	Pickled Eggs.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	261609

Boolit Master
    I've been sleeping late, exercising less and eating more baked goods (my wife has gone on a baking binge).

I was sure that I'd added more pounds to the few extra I already had when the stay-at-home thing started up in California, but I've actually lost five pounds from my high. I guess overall, even with the extra baked carbs, I'm down on the daily calorie intake.

One thing for sure: I've got less cardiovascular endurance and the strength is slipping. I think I've lost more muscle than fat, and that needs correcting.

Well had a good diet day today . Had the last of my fresh pineapple for breakfast . Had a fillet off the catfish I caught , went on and baked both sprinkled with Old Bay seasoning . Saved one fillet for supper and made some turnips to go with it .

Ate two small nectarines today and might have an apple before bedtime . Counting the apple I 'might' eat caloric intake for today is about 880 calories . Trying to eat pretty light to get this thing kicked off good . Dang ! I'm out of fish ! I might need to make a trip to the river again ? I enjoy reading the ideas and suggestions . Planning on using some of them in the diet . Guess we'll see what happens on weigh in in the morning . Thanks !

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Boaz,
    Butter beer and Bread got me to an all time record weight . Staying at home is killing me!
    When I'm at work I'm moving the full 8 hours Being at home a 1 hour 3 mile walk can not undo the mess I'm in!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by JWFilips View Post
    Boaz,
    Butter beer and Bread got me to an all time record weight . Staying at home is killing me!
    When I'm at work I'm moving the full 8 hours Being at home a 1 hour 3 mile walk can not undo the mess I'm in!
    I understand . Get on the wagon ! We'll both 'get right' . Lots of folks here to help .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete44mag View Post
    I'm going back on my diet that always works 100%. If you don't put it in your mouth, you don't have to take it off your gut!!!
    "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips!"

I've lost 30 since Christmas, but I'm still a long way from 225!

Boolit Master

I've been locked up since 3/8. Between My DR. And Wife, I'm stuck at home.
    Pretty crippled up too, back, knees, shoulders, hands and all with arthritis for all.

My Daughter is working from home. Every day She orders in lunch, a job perk. Something for Dad too, even though I Don't ask.
    Four pounds in 7 weeks.

Stop me before I eat lunch again.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Hi all,
    Still working away at it. Part of my routine is when I do finally break my fast at 4 pm, I have a protein rich first mini-meal consisting of a pickled egg, a slice of bacon, and a V8 juice. Just like brewing beer, if you want to keep it on tap, you need to keep it in the pipeline, so I put up 2 dz pickled eggs this afternoon. Only takes about 45 minutes with very little prep. The worst thing is having to wait for a week or so before they hit their stride. But boy, the wait sure is worth it!
    Ed

Name:	Pickled Eggs.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	261609

Nice looking eggs ! I make them too from time to time . I like anything that's pickled .

Boolit Master

It's amazing to me how a photo of a plate of food can get me so excited
    Being human is not for sissies.

Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    It's amazing to me how a photo of a plate of food can get me so excited
    I agree ! I always like to see pictures of what/how folks make different things . These days with my kids gone I don't experiment with new dishes a lot though . Living alone it's not as much fun as cooking with others involved . I consider myself pretty broadminded as to new or different food , there's not much I won't try . LOL , undoubtedly contributes to my tendency to gain weight ! I grew up on 'old timey' cooking . I like all vegetables , in this thread you'll see me eating a lot of squash ..low cal , filling , easy to make , cheap price and good eating ! I'm like Wayne who posted previously , I love all fruits too ! So in the process of dieting it's really easy for me to have a good selection of different things to eat .

Boolit Grand Master

I had to google the carbs in an avacado! When we were in Calif (grad school) we learned to love them. 4gr. carbs, 4gr. protein, 9gr. fats, but these are the good fats.

One other piece of advice - don't weigh as often. No more than once a week, and better once a month. This way you miss the aggravation of thinking about water weight and the one thing I shouldn't have done - and more of a focus on long term progress.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Avacados are HIGH calorie for the bulk they provide but I do like them ! I can just peel and eat em for snack food . Plus I love guacamole but I tend to avoid them on a diet , one of those things I can 'over enjoy' . I also agree with the weekly weigh in , you can drive yourself crazy constantly weighing .I weigh daily to keep myself 'right' . But I have been on a low cal food regiment for a long time . Plus I have to report in on the thread daily .

One of the reasons I put this thread up is that I know there are other with a weight problem . Now I don't even pretend to to put myself up as an authority or example on losing weight . I'm an over eater left to my own . I'm obsessive compulsive and like food , that's a bad combination ! First step in solving a personal 'bad habit' is realizing it then correcting it . Easy said but usually hard to do .

I got away with over eating most of my life because I worked like hell physically every day . Like I said before...I'm obsessive compulsive and work was something I loved to do . I smoked Camels for over 40 years , was up to 3 packs a day for about the last ten years I smoked , did I mention I'm obsessive compulsive ?

About 12 years ago My doctors put me on steroids and other medicines telling me I couldn't live without it . Over three years due to being over medicated and lack of physical activity I got up to 402 pounds . I still went to work every day and struggled to make every day . In got to the point I was totally miserable . I was a single parent and had an 11 year old daughter I loved , I went to bed every night wondering if I'd wake up in this world again come morning . The thought of leaving her here alone tormented me constantly .

I called out to GOD , I asked him to help me . It didn't happen overnight but he guided me through my trial , a trial I put myself in . My Lord saved me , over 2 years I lost a LOT of weight and changed a lot of compulsive habits . To him goes the glory ...not me .

THE WEIGH IN !

Well did good again (as predicted) lost another 3 pounds of water . By my genuine Walmart digital scale I'm at a hair over 215 , I don't count the tenth increments on the scale just pounds . So ! Everything is happening according to Hoyle so far . Maybe one more day of easy weight loss and then it's down to the hard part !

Well I'm out of fish and it's too dang windy to go fishing today unless the wind lays so let's bake those chicken breasts ! They have been marinating in Tabasco with a little fresh garlic for about 24 hours . I made a foil pan because I refuse to pay $3.00 or even more for a store bought one that is thrown away . I'm probably a tightwad but prefer to consider myself...'conservative', lol . I of coarse sprinkled them with Tony Chachere's , I love that stuff on a lot of things including vegetables . Set the oven on 350 and we'll bake em for 40 min .

I started cutting the carbs on March 2nd, went to lean meats and vegetables as well as writing down my weight daily on a calander and as of yesterday (5/4/2020) I've lost 14.5 lbs, 213.5 to 199.0 and my goal is another 10 lbs. I stay pretty busy around the house and am fairly active so just watching what I ate has helped me, I quit smoking years and years ago so losing weight to me is just like quitting cigarettes ... you really have to want to do it, otherwise you're just wasting your time.

Well Chicken is done ! Ziplocked two breasts and used the Food Saver on the other two for the freezer . I'll have one for supper and the rest of the turnips I made yesterday . Had a big apple for breakfast and lunch is wide open !

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast