RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Shelter in place diet !

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I got a trial electronic stimulater wired into my spine yesterday . The unit itself is just taped on my back , I don't see it as affecting the diet so we move on .

Weigh in 5-20-20..............203.6

Did pretty good yesterday . Started today having a big pear , lol my last one ..need to get a few more ! I need to test this stimulater out so will be moving around more..hopefully . My son brought me some curry he made yesterday evening . He says it's mainly butternut squash , onions and lo cal stuff . I'll try it out at noon and 'guess' at the calorie count , said he used water and no oil .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Found this almost new container in the shed yesterday . My shed is an amazing place , there's no telling what you can find in my hoard of 'stuff' if your willing to dig into it . I admit to being a borderline hoarder . Anyway , Been wanting to make something to carry some common tools on my riding mower . Already had the wood slats , carriage bolts and nylon strap .

Made this amazing high tech tool [ lol ]to burn the holes in doubled up nylon strap .

Left one end undone so to 'fit' it to the back of the mower seat . SO ! We shall see ! Just a time killer project , did it while I was sitting at my computer desk

Well I had a pretty good day . Had a bowl of soup for lunch and two small nectarines . Stayed medium busy , China berry trees are taking over behind the shed . Got a lot of em cut up to haul off , had two piles and this is the last one when I quit . Started to mow the grass but it's suppose to rain for the next two days . I figured what the heck and will do it this weekend . This is my yard swing and with all the high wind and storms we been getting it gets blown over too much . I didn't even stand it back up , I'll wait for two days after the storms , LOL .

Here's supper my son made for me . He said it's butternut squash (mainly) , water chestnuts and chicken . He said the curry will make your eyes water and sweat! So we shall see ! Plus I'll have an apple . I'm guessing on the calories today but I'd figure it to be around 680 . I have eaten light but drank a lot of water cutting trees up . The water factor is always a wild card event for me .

Till in the morning I wish you a good evening !
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-20-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Weigh in 2-21-20 OOOP"S ! ....................weight 203.8

Well ! Thought I'd have a decent loss this morning but............
    Gained 2/10 th's of a pound ! I have no excuses...it happens . When you get this close to the end you get in a hurry to get there . But I know it's coming so I'm good...just keep grinding away at it .

It was suppose to rain today and tomorrow but now they say it's just going to be a cloudy day today . Since it was suppose to rain I put up all my 'stuff' to do tree work . Sooooo ! I think we ought to go fishing ! Plus ! The dang chiggers ate me up yesterday ! Spent 20 min rubbing campho phenique on the bites . Legs , armpits and unmentionable areas , LOL . I hate chiggers ! Our bible tells us to hate evil and believe me ! They are an evil !

I'll take an apple for breakfast with me . See ya later !

Well ! got to the river , got set up , 30 min later my phone rang . Lady from the clinic that put the trial sitmulater told me they needed an x ray today and it was at 10;30 at the hospital . So...yea ! Spooled up and went to the house . Dang !

AND THEN ! On the way home the factory rep for the stimulater company called saying he wanted me to meet him at the clinic for a consultation at 1;00 . So.....yea ! Looks like it's gonna be one of those days .

Ok , ok ! I'm through griping . Came home and had lunch , had a small turkey leg and some carrots ;

OH ! Got two good bites in that 30 min , the fish were there .

Seems the day turned into ...medical stuff . Didn't get much done...including fishing . Did go the the grocery and picked up a few things . I get the trial stimulater removed tomorrow and have to decide whether to go with it or back surgery . Had some of the curry my son made for lunch .

I just finished supper . A quarter of a chicken breast with salsa and a hunk of cauliflower , will have a small peach later . Total calories 588 .

We'll see what the scales say in the morning !

Weigh in 5-22-20 Good deal !..............203.0

Lost nearly a pound . It's encouraging . Had half a cantaloupe for breakfast ;

Ate just a little of that curry yesterday with the turkey leg and carrots . There was just a little too much to get in the containers to freeze . Froze the last portion so might have it at lunch . LOL , my pants/ clothes are fitting good again but I need to go on to the 200 mark . Fact is I was thinking about...190 ? Would give me a bigger 'buffer zone' because of the fluid retention problem I have .

I know one thing ! I ain't getting out in the back forty till my chigger bites heal up ! LOL , got some calamine lotion yesterday . They nearly dove me nuts wanting to scratch em yesterday ! Pretty near painted my legs with Calamine last night and this morning . Thinking about broadcasting some Dursban out back . Plus I'm going to stop up on chigger repellent !

Well it was suppose to rain today but changed it this morning...AGAIN . Don't have any plans because I thought in would rain . Suns out and clear sky's , pretty day . Might start a 'restoration' project . Fought my way to the back corner of the shed where I had a stack of old fishing equipment . Found theses ;

Two Abu Garcia 5600 reels , as you can tell the mud dobbers have had their way with em . 5600's are my favorite 'go to' reel and at today's price for em it's worth checking them out !

Had a 'no cook' lunch . One large tomato , all the broccoli I wanted (lol , I didn't eat all that broccoli) . Used black pepper and lo cal dressing...sparingly . Lunch ;

I like raw veggies so that's a plus eating light when I want or need to . Had a pretty nice loss this morning and want to hang onto it .

I'm bout out of chicken so picked up two of these at the store yesterday ;

These breast halves are BIG ! I cut them in half ;

Slathered them in Louisiana hot wing sauce with a dusting of Tony Chachere's seasoning ;

Baked em 30 min at 350 and ;

Took the other package and cut them in half . Rubbed em with minced garlic then dusted them with black pepper and Tony Chachere's seasoning . Let them sit in the fridge for about an hour ;

Baked them the same and ;

I eat a lot of chicken for different reasons . Beef is too dang high , you can change up seasonings with chicken easy and it's low cal . Plus I just like it , after trying to change my eating habits I just naturally lean to what's good that's less calories . You can find plenty that's good .

These are in the fridge getting chilled and I'll use the Food Saver tomorrow and bag them up .

Had supper about 30 min ago . Piece of the garlic chicken I made today and leftover carrots ;

Chicken was good ! Haven't made any for a month or so . Started to figure in an apple for later but heck I'm full . Total calories for today..............698 .

We'll see if I can hang on to the loss from this morning . Could break into the '2's , this deal is winding down . Seep well and get rested up tonight ! Remember ..tomorrow is the first day to the rest of your life ! GOD is good .

Boolit Master

We just picked up a bit of chicken today, as we ran out a few days ago. I'd about forgotten how much mischief those mud dobbers could do
    Being human is not for sissies.

Yea . My shed is fairly close to water , they got to have water to build their 'nests' . I get a lot of dobbers in the shed every summer . The shed is a prime target , they are a pain .

5-23-20 Weigh in...............206

Nice loss ! LOL , now to hang onto it and do better . Rained like heck last night ! My son called about 9 pm saying he had golf ball size hail at his place , he lives about 10 miles north of me . But I didn't get any hail here . Body shops will get a boost out of it .

It's quit raining , suppose to be cloudy and cool today . Don't have a game plan yet . Had the other half of that cantaloupe for breakfast .

I'll check back in around lunch if I'm still at the house , today is a crap shoot as to what I'll get into .
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-23-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Another piece of advice - switch to weighing about every third day and then weekly rather than daily. This is more important as you get to your goal weight as you need to be gradually switching to an ongoing diet, that which will maintain your weight. Weighing daily gives you a measure of your last two days of eating. You need a measure of a weeks worth of eating, then a months, etc.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Wayne makes a good point . We are all wired differently , here I'm reporting my weight daily because it's a thread . But usually I weigh once a week and Friday is the day , no particular reason...just habit . Weighing yourself constantly is a fail . Just need to figure out a routine you can live/deal with . You want a method that turns into a new eating lifestyle ..not just a temporary 'fix' .

Had a piece of pork steak and the last of the collard greens I made a few days ago . Got to make some more , lo cal and I like em plus they freeze well .

Well the day is winding down . The rain quit this morning but it's awful wet out there . Just had supper ! Piece of that garlic chicken and some cauliflower , I enjoyed it ;

Boring day ! Picked up a few things for a shut in at Walmart . Just washed/folded clothes and other stupid things you have to do to live . LOL , Hope I lose again in the morning but would be glad just to break even . I wish you a good evening ! We'll see what tomorrow brings . Total calories today...740

5-24-2o weigh in...........204.4

Well only a 2/10ths loss today . BUT! I hung on to the nice loss from yesterday ! I honestly don't like talking about my 'fluid retention' problem' . It could be a cheap excuse when I don't lose every day . But it's a reality for me , I have to kind of balance my eating and fluid intake at the same time to lose daily . However it's been that way so long it's just my normal thinking .

My point is I can work my way through it . Many of us have medical problems that affect losing weight . But there is a way , generally by changing your habits or routine concerning what , when and how often you eat . Weight loss is a problem for most . We are living in a time that food is everywhere . It all gets back to being in control your life as far as eating habits .

Had two small plums for breakfast , I like plums ;

Had a bowl of soup for lunch , this is the last bowl so need to make some more ;

Stopped on the way home from church and picked up a big bag of collard greens . I generally always have some in the freezer ready to go ;

Got them cooked while mowing the yard...well most of the yard . Got to finish the last third by dark , yea..it's suppose to rain tomorrow . But my faith in the weather folks is severely shaken at this point . But I'll get it done and trim some more trees . I got geared up for the chiggers at Walmart while getting some collards .

Had supper . Piece of spicy chicken and a bowl of collard greens plus an apple later ;

It got pretty hot today , had to kick on the air conditioner . Kind of hate to see the hot weather set in , it'll be time to get your chores done early in the morning . Finished mowing the yard and got a few things done up . LOL , trying to keep things caught up so I can go fishing when I want to ! Calories for today.........740 .

See you in the morning .

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast