Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading Everything
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Shelter in place diet !

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    5-25-20 Weigh in...............202.0

Just had a plum this morning , wasn't hungry anyway . Rained last night , the weather folks finally got it right . Got a few light projects in mind for today but nothing involving much activity really . Think I'll stick with veggies and fruit today . The end is near for the 'goal' weight I posted . But I do as a rule have meat daily . When I get back to basically 200 pounds I'll eat more at times than others . I'm use to yo yoing within 5 pounds or so because of fluid retention . Still thinking about getting down to 190 but I'll stop this thread at 200 . Might check back in at 5 pound losses a couple of times .

Hope ya'll have a good day !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Just had lunch ! Turnips and a small squash with what's in the picture ;

Light rain outside ...bummer ! But lunch was good !

Update on the two Garcia fishing poles !

Wet outside to do anything so brought em in the house to clean up . Cleaned em enough to see what we got .

The reel on the pole just took off working fine ! But the one pulled off has a line guide problem and the rats have been nibbling on the finger grips on the crank . I figure the worm gear and dog are worn out . I looked at several reel parts places online and I won't spend that much on the parts . They sure are proud of them !

One pole is ready to go and the other needs 2 ceramic guide eyes...very much worth fixing ! Both good graphite poles ! So , I'll clean em a little bit better . Then tear down the working reel , clean , grease and oil it . I'll just throw the 'non' working reel in the stack of junk fishing stuff .
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-25-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Depending on the age of the ugly stick rod it might have a lifetime warranty and they will replace the guides or send a new rod. One of my ugly sticks has that warranty and it has been repaired twice. Starting to delaminate from big catfish so it is about end of life... and not sure if they will replace it still. Heard they were saying no to "abuse"...

Thanks Mary ! I didn't know that , your always a wealth of information . Heck the pole is in good shape , 5 and 1/2 foot , 15-20 break point .

Just had supper . Had half a butternut squash and brussel sprouts ;

Figured up calories for the day and it comes to 482 . Guess it's time to watch today's news and get all worked up about everything , LOL . Have a good evening !

5-26-20 Weigh in ...................201.4

A pound lost . Good deal ! I knew yesterday would be slow activity day so just stuck with the veggies and fruit . Had half of another Texas dew melon this morning ;

I recommend you try one if you come across em . Just an extra sweet honey dew . Well it ain't supposed to rain today . We have had a wet spring for my part of the country . Might go fishing , I know a 'public' spot that might be dry enough and don't think many except the boaters will be out in the middle of the week . I'm loaded already and can be there in twenty min . It's temping...ain't it ?

I'll try to check in at noon !

Well ! That was a good idea while it lasted . Drove out to the river , it's out of it's banks , like to got my little compact SUV stuck a couple of times . Water is plum up in the trees ;

Wanted to get some fish just to encourage folks to get out and make the most of this down time during the virus . But in theory this diet goal will be met in a couple of days . The river will take a while to dry up enough to get in .

Came home and had a piece of chicken breast and collard greens for lunch . Just had supper , another piece of spicy breast and the rest of the brussel sprouts from yesterday with a microwave apple with cinnamon with Splenda and O cal butter .

Sorry the apple is not in the picture , hadn't made it yet . It wasn't a very active day , was away from the house most of the time . Total calories for the day came to....690 . Hoping for a loss tomorrow !

Have a great evening !

5-27-20 Weigh in...........201.2

Well ! Didn't do too good ! But I maintained and lost a big ol 2/10 ths of a pound . But I had a bigger loss yesterday than I had expected . SO ! I'm happy with maintaining and the tiny loss ! Today is another day !

Had the other half of that Texas dew melon for breakfast . Opened the front door at first light and we apparently got a light rain last night . Dang it ! It's killing my activity level ! I don't count housework or 'inside' things as activity , it's just stuff you do routinely . To me activity is getting out and doing things that are NOT routine . Oh well it is what it is .

Will try to check in about lunch time ! Have a good day !

.................................................. ....Lunch time !

Decided I wanted a salad !

Nothing fancy , mainly lettuce with big slice of onion , one big jalapeno , few cherry tomatoes and black pepper . For dressing I'll use Hidden Valley reduced calorie ranch at 60 calories for 2 tablespoons . If you want to 'spice' it up a little you can add just a little Louisiana Wing Sauce . It actually makes southwest dressing and of coarse that's what I did for this salad .

Sun is out ! Hope things dry up here .

Just had supper . Had a piece of garlic chicken breast , collard greens and a few pickled beets . Did as Mary suggested and added a piece of cinnamon stick and all spice . Gave em a new taste ! I liked it and will be doing it regular ! It's like chicken , using spices and garnishes to make it taste different . In this thread I have limited the chicken to the lowest calorie 'seasonings' I could . But I use a lot of different ways to change the taste and the way it looks . Chicken Rotel is a good example , chicken Parmesan is another . Through choice I don't eat much bread , grain products or grain . I don't buy rarely use real sugar . But on holidays and eating out I do without hesitation . I don't fry anything but maybe 6 times a year . LOL , I'm not a health nut , vegan , environmentalist or anything like it . I have simply gotten use to eating better . Heck ! I like hamburgers , fried potatoes , barbecue , Mexican food (could live on Mexican food !) , Chinese food , Italian food . Well heck I like food ! And I have some of all of it in moderation .

If Christmas or any other holiday or event is coming I usually just lose a few pounds in preparation . Went for Christmas to some folks that wanted me to come in Bridgeport Texas last year . There were people from India , Taiwan , Germany and just regular old Texans . It was an international menu and I tore it up ! Took me a week to get back to my regular weight .

Well I just rattling on . Supper was good ! Went on and froze the greens that were left , been 3 days in the fridge . I do need to make some more soup though . Might make some chicken and wild rice . Here's supper '

Hope you rest well . We got another day coming...good Lord willing !

5-28-20 Weigh in .................200.7

We are just about there . 7/10 ths to go . Might be there in the morning ! Had an an apple for breakfast and good to go . Don't know what lunch will be but I got options . If I haven't hit 200 by in the morning it ought not to be but a literal small fraction ! I'm still thinking about getting down to 190 but haven't decided to commit . If i do try for the extra loss I'll not continue with this thread . It has went on long enough and I'm sure it's not that interesting to watch some old guy down in Texas on a diet , LOL .

Losing weight is a part of my life , to maintain a 'regular' weight just gives a guide . I don't fight it or struggle with it or go nuts if I gain a few pounds . It's just being mindful to not let it get out of hand...like I have done during the shut down . Most of my usual activities are on hold so just need to compensate for that factor .

Well had lunch . Hardly worth reporting though . Just had a small piece of pork steak and some of those pickled beets . Might have a piece of fruit before supper . I like 'big' dill pickles for snack food and generally have one every day . But they have quite a bit of salt so I have abstained till the 200 is reality .

I had to make a quick run to town . Jaged out of the way coming back home to that spot in the cattails . It still has some brush sticking out of the water and I imagine quite a bit under the water too . But last night I whupped out a quick throw line with 4 hooks and swivels . Tied a half brick on the end , baited it out with some shrimp I found in the bargain bin a while back . Pitched it out and tied it off to a limber mesquite tree limb . Not expecting much though but I did see a couple of 2 foot gar just hanging out . They'll probably clean the bait off the hooks pretty fast .

You could probably throw out some sour grain for a couple of days and get some catfish coming in at night . But it hardly looks worth it to me . But I thought I'd experiment anyway .
    Last edited by Boaz; 05-28-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Running a little late this evening . I did go check that throw line at the lake . Line had moved and all the shrimp gone off the treble hooks . Rebaited it and pitched it out again . Got a doctor appointment a 8;15 in the morning so don't know exactly when I'll check it again .

Had a small hamburger seasoned pattie and boiled okra for supper . Yea I know , most people don't like boiled okra . Maybe that make me special ? Probably not .

We'll see what the scales say in the morning !

5-29-20 Weigh in ...........199.8 !

Well we pulled it off . It was a curiosity to me if it would be this morning . At yesterday's weight it had to be a close call one way or the other . LOL , Just barely made it . I'm glad the goal is made ...SO does that mean I can finally go to an all you can eat Chinese buffet ? Not hardly .

I have been mulling it over and decided to get down to 190 (Or maybe 180 ?) I'm 68 years old , got some medical issues that losing down some more could help . I'm going for the 190 .

I'm not going to torment you with ME on the diet to go farther , I have taken up enough 'bandwidth' as it is . I can't see watching a thread on an old fat guy down in Texas being too interesting .But to the point of my staring this thread . I know there are many that struggle with their weight . As I have implied in the thread I was one of those people....And I understand . I nearly had to die to start taking control of my life and getting my weight situation under control was the first move .

If I hadn't took control I would have been one of those poor 600 pound guys you see them tearing down an exterior wall to grub him out of the bedroom with a forklift when they die . If I can learn to take control then I think anyone can ! It can be literally a choice of life or death .

Many have medical conditions (like myself) that weight is a major factor in their longevity . But losing weight is easy to put off . Monday use to be a 'magic' day to me . I'd tell myself...Well ! I got to start a diet ! Come Monday I'll start it !
    Well you know what ? That 'magic' Monday never came . But I'd just tell myself the same thing that week...............Well come Monday I'm gonna- - - -

This is the only reason I started this thread . I am not trying to be an example , I'm not trying to glorify myself . I'm just a regular old guy .

Got a tip for you , you can take it or leave it ...your choice . If you want to start a diet to lose weight . And if your sure that it's what you want . Talk to GOD . Ask for his help and make a commitment to him . I assure you that he will help you . Ask me how I know .

Well as I stated you can stick a fork in this thread ..it's done ! But if anyone would want to hear of my progress ...or failure at losing more . I will resurrect this thread from the archival 'heap' and post at 5 pound losses .
    I wish all of you well ! May our Lord bless and keep you !
    Charlie

Boolit Grand Master

Congratulations, Charlie! Now comes the rest of your life. Use the next 10 lbs to learn how to maintain. As you well know fluctuations of up to three lbs a day are not unusual and are typically water weight. That's way weighing once a week or once a month is actually a more accurate measure of trends.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Way to go, Charlie! It's been a fun journey. I got on the scale this morning and weighed 187.5 (my goal was 190...from 243.) Like Wayne said, "Now comes the rest of your life." I think we'll need to come up with a way to maintain without the constant denial of stuff that's good to eat. Moderation in all things.
    Ed

Boolit Master

Beautiful - Thank You Lord . . .
    Being human is not for sissies.

I appreciate all the ideas , suggestions and comments . Ed your doing a great job even exceeding your own expectations !

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast