RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone try to buy a freezer?

Boolit Master

anyone try to buy a freezer?

lowes has none
    best buy has none.

whats up? people need to store their hoarded toilet paper?

That's what happened to all that stimulus money that was supposed to keep everyone from starving to death.

A neighbor said our local Lowe's was more or less out of washers & dryers too.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Buying freezers to store all of the meat they're hoarding.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

there is a certain part for most freezers that comes from china and they havent sent any so most of the manufactures are at a standstill on production, couple that with people stocking up on meat and needing a freezer and you have a perfect storm of large demand and little supply. refrigerators are in short supply as well, not as bad as freezers through.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Went to the local appliance store 3-4 weeks ago looking for a certain undercounter type freezer, none available.
    So I'm on yet another list.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in Ct. I have a small one I can sell. uncle mike

Boolit Master

People want to stockpile meat and didn't have freezers.

Banned

when this hit I decided to buy one. Every year by the time crop damage shooting is done both of my freezers are packed. So I figured id buy a 15cf on just for overflow. Well when I looked I saw scalping on ebay of 15 cf freezers that sold for 500 dollars last month for 2k! Menards had them and they were 1k! I kept looking and found one at lowes for 525. Said it was in stock so I ordered it A month later still no frezzer. tried calling lowes customer service but got put on 12 hour waits. Finally just called my local lowes store and asked the guy to check in on it. He said that they get them from a distributor and sometimes what showes in stock isn't and freezers are in short supply. He said to me "I think I just got in ONE of what you want" he called back in about a 1/2 hour ( I never thought he would) and said ive got one if you want it ill cancel your order and ship this on to you tomorrow. Comical thing is it was 15 bucks cheaper. Learned a few things. Don't count on "in stock" and I will never step foot in menards again! if you really want one id go to my local lowes or appliance store and ask to be put on the list for one when they came trickling in.

Boolit Master
    No need at my house as I have 3 full size uprites and a 5ft chest for travel all of the uprites when opening do an imitation of an avalanche .Yup I got the meat !

Boolit Master
    If you are horading meat, a vacuum sealer is your friend....repackage and things will keep years....within reason. Guessing those and the packaging rolls are in short supply now too.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master
    We maybe in for interesting time. Ours are on the hoof. I have a long list of buddies that know they maybe called to help cut one up. Have lined up a few ideas on storage if needed. But looks like dried meats and smoke house, canned meat etc.

Mason jars don't care about power outages. Canned 17 pounds of chicken yesterday.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

wife has been freeze drying lots of meat. add water to re-hydrate and the stuff actually tastes the same.

Boolit Master
    I heard they had gotten scarce.

I'll should be able to
    pick up a used when cheap in a few months.

Local market has beef filets for cheap a couple of times a year. I bought six. I buy a lamb every year from the 4H auction have it locally processed , none better than what these kids raise. Most ranches around here advertise whole or portions of their beef mostly quarters and you cut and rap yourself or one of the local processors do it.
    Most Wyoming cows go out of state and get mixed in with beef from everywhere in the world except the local market. Wyoming now does “Heritage” beef that are 50 generations born bred for Wyoming and becoming available in our stores. We just built the only USDA processing plant in Wyoming here in Buffalo to process them. Farm/Ranch to Table is becoming important as we see the events unfolding.
    Neighbor went to S.D. and picked up 4 hogs @ $70 ea. about $100 ea. to process and one to BBQ .
    You are going to have to start looking around for locally sourced meat , it will be easier for some .

Boolit Buddy
    In March cleaned out moms freezer [shes 80] of stuff from who knows when, iced over almost solid. Don't think she has added or used any thing out of it for 3+ years.
    Told son in law that since he did not want it to put it on creaglist for $50 instead of paying dump fee, he said he would list it as free and hope it got taken in a few days. It was gone in less than an hour and we never even washed it out after emptying all the ice and old food into the trash.
    Shaune509

Boolit Grand Master
    Anyone know if there is such a thing as a half/half freezer/fridge?????
    That would be just what I need for an outside storage.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    wife has been freeze drying lots of meat. add water to re-hydrate and the stuff actually tastes the same.
    Does she cook it first? What brand is it?

Boolit Master

yes she cooks it first, then we separate anything that has got a lot of fat. the lean pieces go in the freeze dryer and the fatty cuts go in the canner. the harvestright was a Christmas present about 3 year ago and she keeps it going year round.

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Anyone know if there is such a thing as a half/half freezer/fridge?????
    That would be just what I need for an outside storage.
    Look around. Some of the new generation, mid-priced, 'side by sides' are real close to being 1/2 & 1/2.
    Our new GE from Lowe's is more like 60-40 but its close to 50-50.

Look at the on line pictures at the size of the doors, That'll pretty well tell ya the ratio.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast