WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple Deer Killers?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    Or did he post that tongue in cheek after the trolling comments , seems he makes posts in other sub forums here about shooting and loading cast.
    Very possible but this was posted before the term "troll" was used.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMountain View Post
    Wow! Things must be really different for us here in the MidWest. I worked on a combine crew for a farmer in SouthWest Iowa that cropped 16,000 acres of corn and soybeans. I ran a tractor (4-wheel-drive with duals on all four wheels) pulling a 1200 bushel grain cart. And the farmer handed out brand new 9mm handguns (I took it out of the box, and he had a case of them), and he told us when we got to the middle of the section (640 acres, a square mile) he told us to stop and shoot as many of them as possible as the two combines finished up the center and chased out all the deer. Deer were considered varmints there and to kill all of them we could, or at least wound them so they will die.
    While the comment above MAY are also tongue in cheek they are also illegal, sick, immoral and disgusting.

Shooting from these is problematic at best. Same for deer holding in the middle. Same for word not getting out and the Game Warden showing up. Same for 2 two combines for 16,000 acres of corn and soybeans.

Last edited by M-Tecs; 05-05-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

I know , I read it when he posted it , but then he went back and edited his original post . Did not say I agree with mass shooting , I have seen cast go clear through a full grown elk .

I have known farmers who felt the same way about deer , their belief was kill them all as they suffered the depredation on crops .

I have also seen a deer that was shot with a 9mm in the shoulder , I finished it off when the opportunity arose after seeing it suffer for a few weeks , such a waste .

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    I have known farmers who felt the same way about deer , their belief was kill them all as they suffered the depredation on crops .
    I know farmers/ranchers that shoot deer with a 22LR and let them run off and die. That happens. The farmers/ranchers that do this tend to be very discreet.

Most farms tend to be in rural areas and bar talk always gets to the Game Warden very quickly. When you start issuing 9mm's to the hired man and telling them to do this type of active word will get out. Very little of the OP's posts on this rings true.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 05-05-2020 at 07:41 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Many years ago, a friend shot a buck but didn't see the doe behind. He loaded up both deer and drove to the game warden's house. He got his tag validated and a ticket for the doe. He helped the game warden cut and wrap the doe which went to the food bank. My friend went to court as did the game warden.

The judge asked why he had been written a ticket, Game warden explained it was a violation and he couldn't just let it go. Judge asked what was the smallest amount for the ticket and how long my friend helped dress the doe. '$25 and 6 hours.' Judge fined him the $25 bucks and 6 hours of community service, time served. No further restrictions. That game warden was a fair dude, and quite personable. I can't say the same for every game warden I've met.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Master
    We get some damage tags on our ranch from the State Wildlife Department for elk during harder winters to drive them away from the local orchards. We might get five tags and are expected to stretch the harvest out. We control the number of hunters to a few at a time to increase personal safety and get the most elk to stay away with the least killing. Every elk goes to the “table” of a hunter who also has to have a valid hunting license and elk tag.

Our State also has a program called the Advanced Hunter program. I call them Master Blasters but they are also well regulated and are a welcome help when the going gets tough in keeping the animals at bay.

We do not want to lose our getting damage tags due to carelessness or sloppiness, there fore we manage it to a “T”.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12