RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lee Pro 1000 Tube Fed Priming

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.

Lee Pro 1000 Tube Fed Priming

Someone needs to get with this fella and market a more refined version of these.

https://youtu.be/AkEyyxALLhE

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

Boolit Master
    That is quite an impressive rig he obviously spent a lot of time on it.
    My mod to fix what I saw as short comings on my pro1000 was the $109.00 ABLP not perfect but works for me.
    I am cheap and don't mind a little tinkering to get things to work .... but I have my limits 😛

No thanks. Mine works just fine as-is. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Boolit Master
    I have three of the pro 1000s, none of which work fine. Nice to see someone has invented a round wheel instead of a square one. The slide primer system is the worst primer feed I have ever seen. Lee needs to realize that when half the folks that have a pro 1000 have problems with the priming system, there actually is something wrong with the system. Yes, you can fix it, but you should not have to make modifications to new equipment. Someone said there is a new version of the pro 1000 but I haven't seen it yet.
    Last edited by rbuck351; 05-03-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Yeup, I keep replying that mine must be defective because it actually works just as it should. I have loaded both LPP and SPP on this press. I have used S&B, CCI and Winchester primers. All worked.

Last large run I made on my Pro1000 for 9mm was 2500 pcs w/o a single misfeed. I know because I kept the empty primer boxes.

The newly upgraded Pro1000 still uses the same primer feed.
    Last edited by kmw1954; 05-03-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Boolit Master
    No problems with primer feeding in either Pro 1000, one for 38 and 357, another for 44 Special, 45 Colt and 44 Magnum. I have separate turrets for each caliber, use CCI primers. Loading primers into a tube, manually or using some vibrating thing is tiresome and an extra step. I have a Dillon 550, biggest complaint is filling primer tubes, and the early spring-loaded powder measure sticking, leaving cases without powder. My Lee Pro 1000's are from the 80's(?).

Boolit Master
    My main complaint with my pro1000 was 3 stations the primer feed could be finicky but it worked.
    It helped a lot when I quit depriming on it.

Boolit Master
    My main complaint with my pro1000 was 3 stations the primer feed could be finicky but it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    I truly thought that when Lee did an upgrade to the Pro1000 that they would have added the 4th position and just add the 4 hole turret. Instead they released the Pro4000 ABLP.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    I truly thought that when Lee did an upgrade to the Pro1000 that they would have added the 4th position and just add the 4 hole turret. Instead they released the Pro4000 ABLP.
    I prefer the priming on ABLP but the turret on the pro 1000 or LCT both work just my preference .
    The loadmaster uses a similar turret in a non rotating mount and that worked well on that press. I guess I should call it a die holder and not a turret.😛

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve had a loadmaster and a pro 1000 and the one thing I never had a problem with on either was the priming system I have far more issues with priming on my Dillon than I had with either Lee.