RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: an ak ill actualy cherish

Banned

an ak ill actualy cherish

not a big ak fan. Have had a few and have had at least one for years but they rarely leave the house. My neighbor and good friend died 2 weeks ago from a stroke at 64. He was a good guy. He liked guns but wasn't a gun nut like me. He had a buddy give him an ak and a m1 carbine. A year later he gave his some another ak. Couple days ago his son knocked on the door and handed me his dads ak. He said he already had one and he knew his dad would have wanted me to have one of his guns. Like I said im not much of a fan but that is probably one of the most cherished rifles in the house right now and sits at a place of honor in the safe right next to grandads guns. he even gave me a 1000 rounds of wolf ammo. that I wont be so sedimentel about

Boolit Bub
    Photo? I personally more enjoy plinking with an SKS. That was very nice of your neighbors son.

I know you'd rather have your friend back. Blast a bunch of that Wolf away in his honor. Maybe AK a deer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Banned

already took it out in the woods and fired a 100 round salute!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    not a big ak fan. Have had a few and have had at least one for years but they rarely leave the house. My neighbor and good friend died 2 weeks ago from a stroke at 64. He was a good guy. He liked guns but wasn't a gun nut like me. He had a buddy give him an ak and a m1 carbine. A year later he gave his some another ak. Couple days ago his son knocked on the door and handed me his dads ak. He said he already had one and he knew his dad would have wanted me to have one of his guns. Like I said im not much of a fan but that is probably one of the most cherished rifles in the house right now and sits at a place of honor in the safe right next to grandads guns. he even gave me a 1000 rounds of wolf ammo. that I wont be so sedimentel about
    What a warm, thoughtful story Lloyd!!

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Buddy

That's a very nice gesture from his son. You must be loved.
    I like Texas by God comment, AK a deer. Or just blast away. It may grow on you.
    Sorry for your loss! Dan

Boolit Master
    Your friend sure raised up his son right. Todd/3leg

Boolit Bub
    Guns of good friends are second only to family guns. I get a bit misty thinking about a couple of guys gone who left me a couple pieces.

Boolit Master

I almost bought an AK in 1989. LGS had an order for some and was waiting on the ship to be unloaded. The trick was it was chambered in .223 rather that 7.62 x 39. I had shot both but found the .223 to be more accurate as the OD of the barrels were the same but the smaller caliber reduced the barrel whip. Anyway, I never plopped down the $200 because some nut case shot up a school yard, legislature banned new imports almost overnight. The shipping container was sitting in Long Beach Harbor and was blocked by customs. Oh well, win some lose some.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Bub
    There's nothing more cherished then inherited guns like that from good friends and family. What type of AK is it? I used to be really interested in AK's when the parts kits were dirt cheap but grew into other areas. If you want to use it for deer hunting as mentioned above the cheap Wolf/Barnaul/whatever Russian Soft Point works very well. Most of the hollow points don't work well but the soft points all seem to open up quite well. I have been meaning to stock up a few cases of soft points while they were still cheap... guess I may have missed the boat on that with the current market.