Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The best way I know of to find a lost item

The best way I know of to find a lost item

Last night, after I got a 5.56 case stuck in the sizer die,
    and destroyed my new carbide expander & decap rod getting it out:

I figured I could just do something else.
    I looked around to find my double end deburring tool and clean primer crimps, and do the necks.

It was gone. I about tore up the shop looking for the thing.
    It wasn't in the lathe where I use it, not on the bench, not in the cabinet in the old cigar box of other little stuff.

So, I went in and ordered a new one along with a new decap rod & expander.
    Filled out the form, paid, hit 'submit order',
    and went back to the shop to see what other expensive tools I could destroy.

There it was. In a place I'd already looked about 8 times.

So, I give you a bit of wisdom from Winger Ed.---
    The best way to find a lost object is to buy a new one to replace it.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Tearing stuff up is just icing on the cake eh?

I once lost the little ball detent out of an HKS speedloader. Looked all over the floor and couldn't find it. Weeks went by, the wife keeping any eye out for it, but going about vaccumming and sweeping as normal. I was setting there one day and look down and there it was laying on the carpet as if it had just been dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    I was setting there one day and look down and there it was laying on the carpet as if it had just been dropped.
    This has got to be some kind of parallel universe sort of deal.
    That's got to be the only explanation.

Sort of like the window to a parallel universe that is in dryers.
    It opens when you put in two pairs of socks- hit the 'go' button, wait until it stops:
    and there is only two socks in there,,,,,,,,, but they don't match.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Dropping small parts is one case where it's good to have pet cats. They will usually run over to look at it and you can pick up the part from right in front of their nose.

Boolit Master

I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many 8mm and 10mm 1/4 inch sockets I now own.

Boolit Master
    I'm gonna have a yard sale one day...just one example I have 7 pipe wrenches and I'm not a plumber.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Master
    what ever is lost ....is in the last place you look.

I have a somewhat similar way to find things. I accuse someone of stealing it from me! It almost never fails that I then find where I put it.

Boolit Grand Master

Unfortunately it did not work for me. Last year I ended up loosing my duck hunting set up. I had all my calls on a lanyard I made myself, along with my jacket, boots, and all of the ammo I had spent all summer loading. Bismuth shells, not cheap steel either. It had been sitting the closet all year. I swear I had taken a few shells out of the ammo box to test in July/August, but did not move the box. Mid September comes around, and nothing. All of my stuff is gone. I had no calls, no jacket, no ammo. I tore the house all apart, every square inch. Eventually I had to buy new, and spent every spare minute that week loading ammo.

To this day, none of that stuff turned up. The ammo is just money gone. The jacket was nothing special. I do miss my calls. I put work into that lanyard, and tuning those calls. Nobody was living with me at the time, nothing was stolen. It must have ended up in the alternate universe.

Boolit Master
    I've wandered around looking for a tool before to find it in my hand.

I spent forty five minutes looking for a gun I lost. It was in the safe, right where I had looked six or seven times.

Boolit Master
    You know those little circular brushes you use to clean nattery terminals, well I thought I had three. Couldn't find any of them. Went to the auto parts store and bought 4 one in the tool box of my tractor.one in the truck, two one of each went into my roll around tool box. And the 4th went into the tool box on the toy room next to the carport which is where I do some of my vehicle repairs. The wife just recently found one under the front passenger seat.How it got there is anyones guess. Frank

Boolit Master

I "lost" my 25-foot tape measure while setting block for an above ground garden in the back yard one week ago. I needed it in order to continue and looked high and low for a quarter hour. My Spousal Unit asked me what was wrong, then told me it was ATTACHED TO MY BELT! Dooph! Face to palm...
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Banned
    I always seem to find it in the last place I look

Boolit Buddy
    I used to think it was just my dad's problem. After he passed away I found multiples of nearly every tool he had because when he couldn't find something he would just go buy another one. Now I do the same thing. ��*♂️

Boolit Grand Master

Always start looking in the last place you would look since the lost items are always found in the last place you look

Boolit Master
    I go with the look for something else theory... if your looking for "it" it will remain lost in the alternate universe. When I am looking for something else that is always when I find any of the other "lost" items. Of course what is found is completely random as to the immediate need.

The tricky part with this process is that you must completely clear your mind of the thing that you want to find now to be able to enter the alternate universe to find the thing that you were not looking for then and that will open the alternate universe to whatever it was that you forgot what you were looking for in the first place then...

or you can just give up get a drink and enter the other alternate universe where it all makes sense and buy the new thing to put right next to the thing you forgot you lost in the first place and realize you now have 2 (or more)

That condition is called "man eyes".
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

I lost my pickup truck in Menard's parking lot.
    Someone obviously stole it.
    It finally dawned on me I stopped by Menard's on my way home from work and I was driving my work car.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    YES This is a rule you can live by. If you cant find something order a new one.
    If the lost item is under let's say $10.00 just order a new one.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast