Load DataWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any comments on the Ceramic car polishes?

Boolit Master

Any comments on the Ceramic car polishes?

I had to make a purchase, my old truck died finally. This 2019 has a great red color and before too much gets on it, I need to clean and wax....I don't like detailing but oh well. I saw these ceramic polishing compounds at wally's and they are pricey. Anyone have experience using them?
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Master
    I just had someone apply it to my new car. It looks good, but so does a fresh wax. I’ll let you know if a few years how it’s holding up.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I looked at some on Amazon, reviews basically say they are no better than a car wax
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned

im curious too. The auto shows on tv really say its a different level then waxes and no harder to apply. Doesn't do anything wax doesn't do but is suppose to last a year. I know 5 years ago you paid hundreds of dollars to have a shop do it. I don't know though if its the same thing or not.

Banned
    I strongly suspect the only thing that stuff does is make your wallet lighter.

Automotive wax is one of those products that is a marketer's dream. You can make all types of claims in an effort to sell the product and there is almost no way to disprove those claims.

Boolit Grand Master
    I got a bottle of the Meguiar's G190526 Hybrid Ceramic Wax on sale.
    It works great.
    Easy on and hand buff out.
    Last a long time.
    I first washed then clay cleaned one panel.
    Sprayed a little on and spread it around.
    Them buff with a new clean rag.
    You won't believe how easy it is, and how much stays on.

Boolit Master
    I orderded a bottle and got the craziest email-spam ever as a reward. My facebook is also filled with this crap. So are websites,I get popups everywhere. Working like a virus.

Whenever I get the bottle I will throw it away. Total scam designed to infect your browsers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200502_102316_763.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	261445
    Last edited by Petander; 05-02-2020 at 03:40 AM.

Boolit Buddy

The surface preparation is the devil in the details. It’s not just the application of the product but the quality of the preparation before the application.

Maguires Ultimate Liquid wax is currently my non-ceramic choice. You can expect a 3-4 month life per application.
    Stronger, Prouder and Greater!

Boolit Master
    I've been using NU Finish, ever since Westley's polish ( paste in the flat can) was discontinued. Long before it found it's use in brass tumblers.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    I tried Gyeon wet coat yesterday.

Got less gloss than before applying it,also the mirrors looked dirty and greasy when I finally wiped them clean, already in town. I'm glad I didn't try on a black car but a red motorbike instead.

Can it go bad in sub-freezing temps? We had a couple of cold nights, the bottle was in a car outside,unopened. I find it hard to believe the hyped product would be so bad...?

Boolit Grand Master
    My car is a 1990 Nissan Maxima.
    Mostly original paint.
    When I did the hood, I tried half to see if I could see a difference.
    Big difference.
    I only put one coat on, just to see how long it would last.
    Instructions say to wait 24 hours before a second coat.
    It's been three months and it still beads like the first day.
    Surface prep, when using any new wax, is a must.
    Wash then clay clean, takes almost everything off.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    My car is a 1990 Nissan Maxima.
    Mostly original paint.
    When I did the hood, I tried half to see if I could see a difference.
    Big difference.
    I only put one coat on, just to see how long it would last.
    Instructions say to wait 24 hours before a second coat.
    It's been three months and it still beads like the first day.
    Surface prep, when using any new wax, is a must.
    Wash then clay clean, takes almost everything off.
    Which brand?

Boolit Master
    I just got another mail from Shine Armor. Must be spam #100 or so.

They have actually shipped my order now,I paid for it three weeks ago. Three weeks of continuous email bombing.

Boolit Master
    My experience is with Mothers CMX, ceramic spray. I bought a new, 2019 Toyota Tundra, in January 2019. Barcelona Metallic Red. I waited until March 2019 to detail it, and after a good wash and dry, used the spray. It went on easy, and hand buffed to a slick, mirror finish. Over the summer it still held up well. I repeated in October, and went until today. The paint looks fantastic. I’m sold on this product. It is easier to apply than wax, and last longer as well. And you can spray it on painted surfaces, plastic, and glass. Leaves to residue.
    Last edited by marlin39a; 05-17-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Boolit Master
    I'm glad to hear there are proper products,too.

What I'm experiencing here is just plain crazy.

Boolit Master

I use Exoforma on my 2016 truck. Extremely easy to apply and freshen up when needed. Looks as good as new for a truck that sets out all the time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Petander View Post
    I tried Gyeon wet coat yesterday.

Got less gloss than before applying it,also the mirrors looked dirty and greasy when I finally wiped them clean, already in town. I'm glad I didn't try on a black car but a red motorbike instead.

Can it go bad in sub-freezing temps? We had a couple of cold nights, the bottle was in a car outside,unopened. I find it hard to believe the hyped product would be so bad...?
    You let it dry too much before you buffed it off. As soon as it starts to flash over you have to get it off fast. Or it will end up looking like gas on water. This stuff is WAY better than any normal wax out there. But you have to know what you are doing to putting it on. You have to color correct your finish before you use it. A clay bar is a must to remove all contaminates from the paint.

Boolit Master
    Speaking of using clay...I understand removing contaminants, but this review on a vendor site has me a bit confused. What is the benefit if any doing it as the review states? Apply ceramic spray and then clay? I thought ceramic or wax should be the last step...

Washed and applied ceramic spray then waited 2 days and washed with hybryd wash, clayed, then used the polish, and then another coat of the ceramic spray.
    And the spelling mistake is in the review.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    Which brand?
    Meguiar's G190526 Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Banned

You use the clay bar first. Read up on how to use it. Once this stuff is on it will take forever for it to be completely off. So don't put the ceramic on before you get your car as clean as it can be. If there is any oxidation it has to be removed first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast