Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Savage Hog Hunter in .308.

Boolit Master

Savage Hog Hunter in .308.

Was thinking this might be a good donor rifle for a rebore to .358 Winchester. But I have not been able to examine one to see how it feeds from the blind magazine. Anyone shooting one of these in .308? How does it feed?

Boolit Master
    I have the .223, and it feeds fine, a buddy has the .308 and no issues with it. I have done nothing to mine but adjust the trigger, make sure the barrel is floated, and it shoots great. Averages about 3/4" with 5 different factory loads, and 1/2" or better with 3 different hand loads.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by koger View Post
    I have the .223, and it feeds fine, a buddy has the .308 and no issues with it. I have done nothing to mine but adjust the trigger, make sure the barrel is floated, and it shoots great. Averages about 3/4" with 5 different factory loads, and 1/2" or better with 3 different hand loads.
    That is good to know. Thanks!

Attachment 261702
    I just had to show mine its a 308 with a Boyds Stock it feeds very well with three in the blind magazine, and one in the chamber
    I would think it would be a great 358 win candidate the barrel is sure heavy enough for sure. mine is very accurate and smooth.

Ccan you tell I like it?
    A Boy in a Old Man's Body. I Shoulda Been a Cowboy

Boolit Master
    It would probably be cheeper to buy a pre fit barrel already the size you need and chambered. I like my savage in 308 axis. It did feed fine untill the mag broke the plastic tab on the end. I was trying to bend it out just a little bit for some reason don’t remember why. Now the blind mag is loose in the gun and I don’t want to spend 48$ for a new one. So I just shoot it single shot now

Boolit Master
    Frog leg that’s a awsom looking stock. I looked at them and that’s the stock me and my son picked out. Just haven’t got it yet

The Hoghunter has a different Magazine box and it is metal, thanks for the complement on the stock. it is the nutmeg color and it fits me well
    A Boy in a Old Man's Body. I Shoulda Been a Cowboy

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jniedbalski View Post
    It would probably be cheeper to buy a pre fit barrel already the size you need and chambered. I like my savage in 308 axis. It did feed fine untill the mag broke the plastic tab on the end. I was trying to bend it out just a little bit for some reason don’t remember why. Now the blind mag is loose in the gun and I don’t want to spend 48$ for a new one. So I just shoot it single shot now
    I had forgotten about the Savage barrel attachment system. Nice to know the HH has a metal mag.