MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why We Should Study Romans

Boolit Master
    This is a good way to start my day. Thanks!

This morning's message. Today is my youngest daughter's birthday (25) She is not, as described below Gen Z, Thank you Lord for the blessings You have given me;
    Wednesday, June 3, 2020
    What Produces Hope?

“And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.”
    —Romans 5:3–4

Experts have dubbed Generation Z as “the hopeless generation.” Those born from 1995 to 2015 have higher suicide rates than other generation today.

What’s going on?

I think they see the emptiness of it all and wonder whether if there’s more to life.

Well, there is. But they won’t find it in material things or fame. They’ll find it in a relationship with God.

David wrote, “For in You, O Lord, I hope; You will hear, O Lord my God” (Psalm 38:15 NKJV).And in Psalm 130 we read, “I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope” (verse 5 NKJV).

We will find hope from God and from His Word. Proverbs 10:28 tells us, “The hopes of the godly result in happiness, but the expectations of the wicked come to nothing” (NLT).

So, if you’re a believer and your hope is in Christ, it will result in happiness. But if you’ve placed your expectations in other things, it’s all in vain. Jesus has what you’re looking for.

When you’re going through hardship, you’ll find out how real your faith actually is.

The Bible says, “We also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope” (Romans 5:3–4 NKJV).

It isn’t easy to be happy when things are hard. That’s what it means to “glory in tribulations.” But tribulation produces perseverance, or endurance. Then endurance produces character, and character produces hope.

When a Christian suffers and still glorifies God, it reassures the rest of us there never will be a valley so deep that God will not get us through it. It reminds us that our faith is real and will sustain us in our hour of need.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Pine Baron . Preservation through trial or even everyday problems knowing he will bring us through stronger . Who would we be today without our trials ? Our Lord strengthens us .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Good morning. Considering we started Galatians in "Reading the bible" and Paul starts with his testimony, also the mention of dynamite in "thought and meditation".
    This morning's message seemed appropriate;

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.”
    —Romans 1:16

Paul was a full-fledged, bona fide, card-carrying apostle of Jesus. This man was a great theologian, the greatest in the history of the church, really. A deep thinker, he was schooled in the culture of Rome and Greece. The greatest Jewish rabbis had been his teachers.

Yet it’s interesting to note that on almost every occasion when Paul stood before a nonbeliever, he started with his testimony.

He didn’t start with some theological point or argument. Rather, he started with his story of how he came to Christ, which is a great way to begin.

Then Paul transitioned to the gospel, which is the true objective of our testimonies as Christians. This is the message people need to hear.

Paul said, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek” (Romans 1:16 NKJV).

The word that Paul used for power is the Greek word dunamis. We get our English word dynamite from it. In other words, there’s explosive power in the gospel.

The gospel is more important than anything. It’s more important than our programs, our preferences, our priorities, and our politics. It’s more important than anything else. This is our message to the culture. This is our message to a lost world. It’s the gospel of Jesus Christ.

So, what are we doing about it?

The Bible says, “But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?” (Romans 10:14 NLT).

Are we getting this message out to our sphere of influence? Are we getting it out to our hurting world?
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Great commentary on Paul and testimony ! Our own personal experience with GOD is the most powerful tool we have . It tells how we got to this point in our relationship with GOD . It's our own real experience through learning how to understand . Our failures , our trials that we brought on ourselves . Our successes through him who works through us by the Holy Spirit .

I have heard people say a thousand times ....I don't like to talk about my belief in GOD , it's a personal thing .

Well...Yea ! Your and GOD's relationship is the most personal relationship in your life ! And it's not to be hidden away . No where in our bible does it say to keep your belief hidden . Quite the opposite ! We are to use our relationship with him to help others find GOD themselves .

Matthew 5;15
    Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

Great commentary on Paul and testimony ! Our own personal experience with GOD is the most powerful tool we have . It tells how we got to this point in our relationship with GOD . It's our own real experience through learning how to understand . Our failures , our trials that we brought on ourselves . Our successes through him who works through us by the Holy Spirit .

I have heard people say a thousand times ....I don't like to talk about my belief in GOD , it's a personal thing .

Well...Yea ! Your and GOD's relationship is the most personal relationship in your life ! And it's not to be hidden away . No where in our bible does it say to keep your belief hidden . Quite the opposite ! We are to use our relationship with him to help others find GOD themselves .

Matthew 5;15
    Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

I stumbled upon this and thought I'd share with you all. Go in peace.

A Romans 8:28 Prayer
    By Lori Hatcher

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” - Romans 8:28

This Scripture brings comfort, direction, and hope to Christians every day. Sadly, it’s also one of the most misquoted and misunderstood verses in the Bible.

I’d like to share two things about this popular verse you may never have noticed.

First, Romans 8:28 doesn’t mean we can live any way we choose, and God will fix our messes.

To understand the truth of Romans 8:28, we can’t just quote the part of the verse we like: “And we know that in all things God works for the good...” and skip the rest, “of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

Romans 8:28 is a promise for believers. Real believers. Those who are living for Christ. Not those who claim to believe in God but are living like the devil.

This verse says to those who love God and are doing their best to obey his commands, “Even though bad/sad/evil/wicked things will touch your life, I (God) will use them to ultimately bring about good, both in your life and in the world.”

Second, Romans 8:28 tells us God can use all things together for good. He doesn’t say all things are good.

No matter how rose-colored our glasses are, there’s nothing good about cancer, sex trafficking, or death. Until Jesus returns and conquers Satan once and for all, sin will continue to drag its poisonous tentacles across our world, damaging and destroying everything in its wake.

The truth of Romans 8:28 reminds us that although sin and Satan are powerful, God is more powerful; He is able to redeem and restore anything for our good and his glory. All things may not be good, but God can and will use all things for good.

As long as we live in this world, people will attempt to reconcile God’s sovereignty with humanity’s suffering. Verses like Romans 8:28 assure us that no suffering is wasted, and God is always at work for our good and his glory. When we cannot comprehend why trials come and struggle to imagine that anything good can come from them, we can rest in the security that God is in control.

Because of this, we can have hope.

Please pray with me:

Father, sometimes I can’t understand how you can bring beauty from the ashes of my life. I struggle to trust you with the broken pieces. You say in your Word that without faith it is impossible to please you, and I want to please you. I want to trust you. I want you to make me more like Jesus and use my trials for my good and your glory. Help me believe the promise of Romans 8:28. In the strong name of Jesus I ask, Amen.

Boolit Grand Master

Good thought, but incomplete - Rom. 8:29 advises and interprets 8:28. In paraphrase it says that it is preordained that we will be made in the image of Christ.

This means that it will happen - it is preordained that we will be - when it is that given it is God's work, not mine. It is God's work to make me like Christ - but this does not speak to how I will react to the process. The more I cooperate the nicer my life will be.

Always, always look at passages, not verses. Especially in Romans where Paul the lawyer is laying out his case for Christ.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Very good point Wayne. You're right, I reacted to the moment, as that what was in my heart. And I should know better to always read the entire passage to gain proper perspective.

This morning's message from Pastor Greg Laurie;

Wednesday, July 8, 2020
    Lose Your Religion

“And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.”
    —Romans 8:17

When people go through great difficulty, sometimes they say they’re losing their religion.
    I would say that’s good. Lose your religion and then replace it with a relationship with God, because the faith that cannot be tested is a faith that cannot be trusted.
    If your faith can’t stand a test, then maybe it isn’t real faith. The faith of real Christians will grow stronger through hardship. It won’t get weaker because of it.
    The reality is that if you live a godly life, then you will suffer in some way. The Bible tells us that “everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution” (2 Timothy 3:12 NLT).
    Trials, hardships, difficulties, and yes, even suffering, come into every believer’s life. It is not a matter of if, but when.
    That’s because once you become a Christian, a new battle begins. It’s a battle with the devil, the world, and the flesh.
    The apostle Paul wrote to the believers in Rome, “And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering” (Romans 8:17 NLT).
    We go through hardship so our faith will get stronger and so we will become more like Jesus. God is getting us ready for Heaven. And suffering reminds us that Earth is not our home. Heaven is.
    Yes, we will suffer as Christians, but God will be with us. Suffering and pain cause us to depend on Him instead of ourselves. It is only the Christian who can know that God is ultimately in control. And it is only the Christian who knows that one day we will be rewarded in Heaven.

Great message for this time we live in . What we consider trial in this time is that we 'may' be considered political incorrect in our belief in GOD . We have it so easy in our country as far as being 'persecuted' . In other countries Christians are rounded up and killed , they are shunned and third rate citizens with no rights in constant fear of a knock on their door .

I have talked with many missionaries and people from Africa , the mid east and Asia . Public exhibitions of lining them up and cutting off their heads , hanging , torture , crucifying them and burning Christians alive . Seems other 'Christians' don't like talking about it ? Many consider them just 'foreigners' who belong to a Christian 'cult' .

They are believers . Their faith is in our Lord Jesus Christ . We are allowing evil to grow in our country because we are silent . Mention the name of our Lord often , witnessing is not complicated .

Thank you for the good read on a Wednesday morning Pine Baron !

Boolit Grand Master

Pine Baron, I have for years had the following definition: Religion is man's hopeless and helpless search for God. Christianity is God reaching down to man, and all to many Christians turn Christianity into a religion!
    Wayne the Shrink

All too often religion has nothing to do with faith. Sad but true.

I felt compelled to pull this from an old email devotional that I receive daily. Someone needs to hear this (that would be this guy).

Leave Payback to God
    By Greg Laurie on May 19, 2020

“Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.”
    —Romans 12:17

“Never hate your enemies,” said Michael Corleone in The Godfather, Part III, “It affects your judgment.”

Our job is to forgive; God’s job is to avenge. When someone hits us we want to hit back, don’t we? And if someone hurts us we want to hurt them. We want to settle the score. We want payback.

If you’re a Christian, however, that is not the way you should live. God says, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay” (Romans 12:19 NKJV).

The apostle Paul knew what it was like to be mistreated. I think no other leader in the first century suffered more than he did.

Yet it was Paul who wrote, “Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men” (Romans 12:17 NKJV).

And he modeled this as well. When he was arrested with Silas for preaching the gospel, the jailer was especially cruel. He beat them and tore open their backs with a whip. Then he fastened their feet in stocks and put them in the deep recesses of a filthy, horrible dungeon.

Then we read, “At midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed” (Acts 16:25–26 NKJV).

The jailer, realizing he would be executed for escaped prisoners, was about to kill himself. But Paul called out to him, “Do yourself no harm, for we are all here” (verse 28 NKJV).

He extended grace to this man. And ultimately, he led the jailer and his family to Christ.

His example shows us that when we’re hurt or offended, we need to let God settle the score.

Boolit Master
    Yes, we have to forgive to be forgiven. Christianity is a relationship with Jesus Christ. All else is a religion and many are deceived by it.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    Yes, we have to forgive to be forgiven. Christianity is a relationship with Jesus Christ. All else is a religion and many are deceived by it.
    No, you have it backwards. I forgive because Christ has forgiven so much and so many times for me.
    Wayne the Shrink

Boolit Master

I can't believe this thread has been running for quite a while and I just this evening saw it for the first time. Evidently God really wants me to "get this". Our pastor has been on the book of Romans for several weeks. He does a verse by verse message and in doing it that way results in getting deep into the Word of God. Today's message was from Romans 8:28-30. It has been stated that the book of Romans is a must study book. It is such a great study on justification and the love God has for all people. Thanks to the Holy Spirit for shining the light on this post so that I would see it today.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Pine Baron please don't stop, sir.

"This morning's message from Pastor Greg Laurie"

I'm liking them, keep em coming please.

Forgiveness brings three significant rewards:
    Makes you more like God, draws you closer to God, and recaptures the freedom of your soul.

I agree with Ghosthawk , I have enjoyed this thread . The book of Romans gives and explains so much we need in our lives . Thank you Pine Baron .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast