MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why We Should Study Romans

As requested I humbly submit this mornings message. All glory belongs to God.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020
    What Does Jesus Pray For?

“Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.”
    —Romans 8:34

What does Jesus pray for when He prays for us? What does He say when He intercedes for us?

In John 17 we find the true Lord’s Prayer, a prayer that only Jesus could pray. Here Jesus said, “Now I am departing from the world; they are staying in this world, but I am coming to you. Holy Father, you have given me your name; now protect them by the power of your name so that they will be united just as we are” (verse 11 NLT).

Jesus prays for our protection. That’s His heart toward us.

The Bible tells us of a time when Jesus was with the disciples and turned to Simon Peter and said, “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat” (Luke 22:31 NLT).

Now, would it freak you out if Jesus said that you? “Hey, the Devil has been asking about you by name, that you’d be taken out of God’s protection.”

Jesus could have stopped there and just let that hang for a moment. But He went on to say, “But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers” (verse 32 NLT).

Many of us know people who have made a so-called commitment to follow Christ, but they mysteriously crash and burn. They fall away spiritually and are no longer interested in following Jesus.

Maybe you’ve thought, “Wow, if someone like that could fall away, am I next?”

That’s entirely up to you, because God has given you a free will. He doesn’t want you to fall away, but you have to do your part. The moment you fail to move forward spiritually is the moment that you essentially begin to go backward.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good message Pine Baron . We tend to 'drift' off into worldly situations easily .
    No turning back , No turning back !

I've been stupid busy. Finally got around to being able to share this.

What Does Jesus Pray For?
    by Greg Laurie on Jul 21, 2020

"Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.
    —Romans 8:34

What does Jesus pray for when He prays for us? What does He say when He intercedes for us?

In John 17 we find the true Lord’s Prayer, a prayer that only Jesus could pray. Here Jesus said, “Now I am departing from the world; they are staying in this world, but I am coming to you. Holy Father, you have given me your name; now protect them by the power of your name so that they will be united just as we are” (verse 11 NLT).

Jesus prays for our protection. That’s His heart toward us.

The Bible tells us of a time when Jesus was with the disciples and turned to Simon Peter and said, “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat” (Luke 22:31 NLT).

Now, would it freak you out if Jesus said that you? “Hey, the Devil has been asking about you by name, that you’d be taken out of God’s protection.”

Jesus could have stopped there and just let that hang for a moment. But He went on to say, “But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers” (verse 32 NLT).

Many of us know people who have made a so-called commitment to follow Christ, but they mysteriously crash and burn. They fall away spiritually and are no longer interested in following Jesus.

Maybe you’ve thought, “Wow, if someone like that could fall away, am I next?”

That’s entirely up to you, because God has given you a free will. He doesn’t want you to fall away, but you have to do your part. The moment you fail to move forward spiritually is the moment that you essentially begin to go backward.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Thank you Pine Baron . A good read and reminder about lots of things and our determination of conviction .

Good morning all. Storm passed. Power and internet restored. It was an adventure, to say the least. Upside is power still out at work, so this guy gets to work from home.

When the Gospel Divides

“Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword.”
    —Matthew 10:34

When I’ve preached in prisons, no one has disagreed when I’ve pointed out that we’re all sinners. They know it.

On the other hand, those who think of themselves as moral might hear that and say, “Wait a second. What are you talking about? I’m not a sinner. I’m a good person. I live by certain standards and rules.”

Yet Romans 3 tells us, “As the Scriptures say, ‘No one is righteous—not even one. No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God. All have turned away; all have become useless. No one does good, not a single one’” (verses 10–12 NLT).

That doesn’t sit well with some people in a society where there’s so much emphasis on self-image and self-worth. Yet God essentially says, “You’re not good. And there isn’t even one righteous person.”

That stings. It cuts. It hurts.

But then God’s Holy Spirit works within our hearts. We begin to recognize that it’s true, and we believe it. So, we accept God’s remedy. And that which initially brought us pain ultimately brings us life.

Jesus said, “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword” (Matthew 10:34 NLT).

So, if you’re seeking to live a godly life and it’s causing division because you’re unwilling to compromise your faith in Christ, don’t lament. Think of it this way: It’s better to temporarily offend someone who doesn’t know Jesus Christ and see them ultimately come to faith than to never offend them in any way and see them enter eternity without Him.

If you’re going to be a true disciple in a given situation, it may bring temporary division. It may cause temporary pain. But ultimately, it can bring the greatest harmony of all.

Great lesson in understanding we need GOD in our lives . Through understanding our own weakness he gives strength . We NEED him in our lives . Thank you Pine Baron .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123