Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington 7600 35 whelen won’t feed cast

Boolit Buddy
    Hey Tripplebeards: Your idea of adjusting/modifying your magazines. A little bit of bending/grinding goes a long way. Start slow and work your way up. Easy does it.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I just watched this video and if I would’ve had made a bending tool I’m sure would have got my 7600 Whelen to feed. Hopefully Remington replaces the barrel with a smoother feed ramp while it’s there for service along with a barrel lug that doesn’t look like rust under the bluing when it’s held up to the light.

https://youtu.be/eDqBlqpdxCI

I found a link how to make one. I’ll use a cutting wheel on my dremyl and make a slot on a harbor freight screw driver.

http://suburbansdomain.blogspot.com/...-lip-tool.html

After watching the bending video and seeing the height of the primer before and after the first bend imo it would’ve cleared the cast HP boolit into my action without a doubt... This gets me excited with my Ruger 450BM scout!!! Ruger gave me a few extra metal magazines so I can experiment.

I called Remington this morning to see if they received my gun in the New York plant yet from Williamson gun site in Michigan. They said they have no tracking information. So I have to contact Williamson again to have them provide a shipping number. Last thing I wanna find out is when I call on it in a month nobody knows where it’s at or what’s going on. Sounds like it takes 4 to 6 weeks for repairs at Remington. Never sent anything to them before for repairs. Tons of stuff to Ruger. My Ruger‘s are always back on my doorstep within a week to 10 days.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 05-07-2020 at 10:18 AM.

I called Remington this morning to see if my gun had been repaired and shipped back to me yet. I was told that Williams gunsight in Michigan received it yesterday. I just emailed Williams to please email me a tracking number when they get a chance to send it out. I was told by Remington that they replaced the barrel, barrel lug, slide tube, and magazine. They also test fired it to make sure it feeds and cycles. Hopefully Remington addressed the bluing on the receiver and removed the burr on the pump that was that scratching the slide tube. They notes said that they acknowledged the bluing issues. I called a few times to follow up on it. I’m glad I did because Remington originally did not replace the barrel with the chewed up feed ramp, did not replace the magazine or the slide tube, and did not address the bluing issues. Their original notes were unclear at the first go around. I’m sure all they did was bend the feed lips on my my modified magazine and were getting ready to test fire it when I called the first time. Fingers crossed it cycles ammo now and my feed ramp doesn’t look like a saw blade.

WooHoo!!! Came back today with a new barrel, lug, magazine, and a test target to shows it feeds!!! Remington sent a 100 yards test group using factory core loct ammo. It had two in the same hole and one just to the left of the other other two. On the down side they replaced the slide tube but didn’t remove the bur that it was rubbing up against. Looks way worse then before. My 35 Rem 7600 that has been shot a couple 100 times looks like new compared to it. Remington is sending a new slide and action assembly so I can replace them again without sending back in for a second time. That’s easy enough to replace as long as they didn’t crank down the tube again. So after the parts arrive next week I’ll put it all back together, tweak the 10 round mags the awesome cast boolit member here sent me, and start testing with cast!

Just had a chance to remove it from the box and see how it cycles. My dummy round 180 grain speer hot core J words cycle smooth as silk. I tried my cast HP dummy rounds. First one jammed and the second one fed. I’ll have to make a few more dummy cast rounds seated with the conical seater instead of the custom flat pusher I made. Maybe a narrower cast boolit will feed better? The feed ramp on the new barrel is polished on the right side...where my cast round hung up. I will have to play with the 10 round magazine feed lips to to see if I can get cast to feed. At least it feeds jacked ammo so the gun is usable now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12