RepackboxRotoMetals2ADvertise hereMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington 7600 35 whelen won’t feed cast

Boolit Buddy
    Hey Tripplebeards: Your idea of adjusting/modifying your magazines. A little bit of bending/grinding goes a long way. Start slow and work your way up. Easy does it.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

I just watched this video and if I would’ve had made a bending tool I’m sure would have got my 7600 Whelen to feed. Hopefully Remington replaces the barrel with a smoother feed ramp while it’s there for service along with a barrel lug that doesn’t look like rust under the bluing when it’s held up to the light.

https://youtu.be/eDqBlqpdxCI

I found a link how to make one. I’ll use a cutting wheel on my dremyl and make a slot on a harbor freight screw driver.

http://suburbansdomain.blogspot.com/...-lip-tool.html

After watching the bending video and seeing the height of the primer before and after the first bend imo it would’ve cleared the cast HP boolit into my action without a doubt... This gets me excited with my Ruger 450BM scout!!! Ruger gave me a few extra metal magazines so I can experiment.

I called Remington this morning to see if they received my gun in the New York plant yet from Williamson gun site in Michigan. They said they have no tracking information. So I have to contact Williamson again to have them provide a shipping number. Last thing I wanna find out is when I call on it in a month nobody knows where it’s at or what’s going on. Sounds like it takes 4 to 6 weeks for repairs at Remington. Never sent anything to them before for repairs. Tons of stuff to Ruger. My Ruger‘s are always back on my doorstep within a week to 10 days.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 05-07-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12