WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So how do you carry your handgun?

So how do you carry your handgun?

I carry either at the 3 and 9 o’clock position on duty. I also carry in vertical shoulder holsters. I also carry a little .38 Special on my ankle. I personally think appendix carry is the opening for an EXTREMELY painful and permanent Birth Control method. Your thoughts on carrying positions. What do you like?

Boolit Master

3:00 and 9:00 if im dual carrying in the woods. The 9:00 gun is but forward for cross draw. I carry a pocket pistol most often. Right front pocket.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Buddy

J frame, pocket.

I carry a 1911 at the 3-3:30 position. I have carried a backup small of the back, but traded it off. Oft in the field I'll carry a revolver bandoleer style. I made a makeshift bandoleer holster by putting a sling on a cheap holster we have. It works pretty good for a Ruger blackhawk, a single six, or a smith 686, but is ugly.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by johniv View Post
    J frame, pocket.
    This is my usual method. I want to go to a little pocket automatic but it's hard to part with the J frame, it's been with me for so long.

Boolit Master

J Frame pocket and 3:30
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    Strong side 3:30/4:00 and /or Jframe in pocket . Depends on the weather and what's up for the day.

The PPK, or model 19 in my coat pocket. Whatever you guys are doing makes the Bar Business seem tame...

Y'all must wear some loose fitting pants that pocket carry , I wear jeans 95%of the time and I can barely get my cell phone out of my front pocket in a hurry . My little Keltec 32 goes in my back pocket or jacket pocket if walking around the Kahr 45 right behind my right hip iwb holster normally
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

I am a lefty and I carry 8:30-9:00. I have a couple crossdraw holsters also, but they are mostly woods carry.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Grand Master
    If you are reasonably slim, upright most of the time, and able to wear a loose fitting, un-tucked shirt, the appendix carry has much to recommend it to the professional gun-toter. Three men who I respect greatly carried that way while working undercover. None of them ever had occasion to shoot themselves. However, if you spend a great deal of time seated, must wear your shirts tucked in, or are unfamiliar with your fire-arm, then it is not for you.
    I wear a revolver at the 4 o'clock position, either IWB or OWB in a pancake-style holster. Otherwise, I carry an LCP in my right front pocket.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I carry my Keltec P32 in my front right pocket during worm weather. During the winter when I am wearing a heavier Jacket I carry my .38 in an IWB holster appendix carry.

Left, front pocket, P3AT in custom leather "no outline" pancake holster. you cannot see it even in jeans.

Boolit Buddy
    For years I carried a full size 1911 OWB in a Desantis pancake at 4:00.

Trouble worn out parts has made it hard to carry it all day. I recently gave in and bought a plastic 9mm. I love my 1911's but my new Walther PPS is so light that I forget it's there. I started out carrying IWB with an Alien Gear holster at 3:30-4:00. Unfortunately my attempts to gain weight have finally come to fruition and my IWB will no longer fit in some of my pants. Until I resolve that, I am carrying OWB at 4:00 with an Alien Gear belt slide holster.

Now a shameless plug for AG

I bought my first AG holster last September. Now I have three. I have shells for my favorite pistols and bases for various styles of carry. Various IWB including appendix. OWB belt slide or paddle. Mix and match.

Also, their customer service is AWESOME! if you buy AG gear I would go direct to them. They have really gone above and beyond for me.

Edit: Regarding pocket carry, I would recommend a "pocket holster" that covers the trigger guard. I used to pocket carry all of the time then one day I was carrying a large TV out to my truck and BANG! there was suddenly a large opening in my pocket. Not just a small hole. It was shredded. Thank God that there was nobody else around to get shot and I managed to escape without any new holes.
    Last edited by PNW_Steve; 04-26-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RU shooter View Post
    Y'all must wear some loose fitting pants that pocket carry , I wear jeans 95%of the time and I can barely get my cell phone out of my front pocket in a hurry . My little Keltec 32 goes in my back pocket or jacket pocket if walking around the Kahr 45 right behind my right hip iwb holster normally
    https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-f...ts-cargo-pants and https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-f...s-pants-shorts
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    Most of the time iwb or owb at 3:00 to 3:30 a SA xde 45 or gp100 44 or 4.2 sp101 some times shoulder holster with HK usp 45 or HK p30sk .Pocket is my least favorite way to carry. But I do carry from when I get up to when I go to bed.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    OWB holster 3:30 position always. SIG P250 in .40 does it for me.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

380 pocket pistol in a pocket holster
    Just another homesick Texan that shouldn't of left in the first place!
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club - 11/69 to 6/70 & 9/70 to 5/71
    U.S.S. Ranger (CVA-61)
    U.S.S. John R. Craig (DD-885)
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master

Model 13 S&W 3" cross draw left side just forward of the hip bone. Fits snug against the body, conceals well there, easy to get to, best of all, the muzzle is pointing to the rear and slightly away from my hip. I may get a powder burn in a wrestling match, but I will not get shot in the leg or hip. james

I carry a Walther PPS (original) in a K L Null's shoulder rig. Like this one, only in black:

-Ron

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast