MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Airsoft bb's?

Boolit Master

Airsoft bb's?

Where are some places where a guy can get some air soft bb's?
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Buddy
    Amazon.com

Or a local hobby shop. I would think that Walmart probably sells them as well.

Boolit Master
    Smoke sells them and supports this site. Just bought 1k from him last week. No hassle and shipped very quickly.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadWoodDan View Post
    Smoke sells them and supports this site. Just bought 1k from him last week. No hassle and shipped very quickly.
    Good to know.

I have had a fantastic experience so far doing business with folks that support the site. I highly recommend shopping here first. Great folks and supports the site.

Boolit Master
    I got mine at Wally world(Walmart). It was two dollars and change for a big bottle of them
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

I've got a bottle of Colt airsoft BBs I could give you for the cost of postage.

I was at Walmart Friday morning ask the guy in sporting goods where I could find the airsoft BB's he said they did not sell any airsoft anything any more, thought that was odd!
    Aim Small Miss Small

Banned
    NOT AL AIRSOFT BB'S WORK!! not all PC's require ASBB's

I know that these work

poly pellets work

https://www.amazon.com/Fairfield-Pel...s%2C213&sr=1-9

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Conditor22; 05-01-2020 at 01:33 AM.

Boolit Master
    I use the Maximum Precision BB's from the picture above. Some folks don't use any BB's, but I started with them and have my process tailored to use them. It's such an interesting thing to do as it's a "what works for you" type of deal.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeynick39 View Post
    I've got a bottle of Colt airsoft BBs I could give you for the cost of postage.
    Thanks for the offer, but the postage would prolly be more than the bb's! I'll keep looking. Next time I order some powder from Smoke 4320, I'll get some.
    The reason I wanna try these is that my coverage with the shake and bake method has deteriorated. I'm using a Zip-Lock quart jar with a screw top lid that has the triangle 5 on the bottom. The first time I used this, they covered fine, after the jar got somewhat coated with the powder, I'm not getting as good a coverage. Anybody else notice this?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jlm223 View Post
    I was at Walmart Friday morning ask the guy in sporting goods where I could find the airsoft BB's he said they did not sell any airsoft anything any more, thought that was odd!
    WalMart was the first place that I tried to no avail. Store was in Post Falls Idaho.

Boolit Master
    Humidity changed (higher)? I have had good luck with humidity under 50%, haven't tried over that yet. Fresh powder? How do you store your powder, could it be getting moisture (humidity) into it...do your "shaking" containers seal, are you leaving powder in them? I have been getting some nice containers from Dollar General, I know they aren't nationwide (yet), but for a dollar each, the are round and smooth inside, and have to top that latches with a gasket. I use the black ASBBs that Conditor has in his pic above, just enough to cover the bottom. After the first batch, no more that 30 seconds swirlling (NO HARD SHAKING). I tried the Zip-Lock brand, didn't work well for me, didn't like the "deep" shape for picking them out either. Goodluck, I hope the magic returns to you.

Oh yah, Smokes powder...his "Red Wine" has maybe the best coverage for me. Convection counter top over, set at 375* gets me almost 400*, preheat, at least 20 minutes bake time. Just pulled a few hundred out of the backstop, still coated and the barrels are clean too! Make me happy.
    Last edited by remy3424; 04-27-2020 at 02:10 PM.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Buddy
    Shuz, Try checking at the General Store on Division st, They have a large air soft / paint ball department and they are open during this essential junk that our Govnr ordered.
    Shaune509

I get mine from Walmart. I make sure to get the Black ones. When I first tried to shake and bake, I got them from Dunham's and they were a dull green and they did not work at all. I have also got them from Smoke. Yes order when you get your paint to save on shipping.

Boolit Master
    Shaune509-- thanks for the info about the General Store. I'll check it out next time I am in Spokane..

Boolit Mold
    Hi guys,

Do the air soft BB's ever lose their effectiveness? Or need to be replaced? And if so, how can you determine it's time to refresh them?

Boolit Buddy
    Lower humidity increases static charge potential, I would guess spring humidity would be most of your problems.
    quando omni flunkus moritati

Boolit Master
    I was looking for airsoft BB's last week. I tried 4 different Walmarts and it was like they don't even sell them anymore.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    I was looking for airsoft BB's last week. I tried 4 different Walmarts and it was like they don't even sell them anymore.
    Walmart did stop selling them, shortly after they stopped selling handgun ammo. I bought two containers (5000) on closeout for $9 each. They originally sold for $15.95. A few days later they had them for $4.00. Went back a couple days later and they were gone. I was looking to buy them out.

I don't bother with them. I get good results without them and don't have to sort them out when dumping into a basket to hit the oven. YMMV
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7