MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Load Data
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 And what I know

Boolit Master

COVID-19 And what I know

First start by saying God Bless everyone.

First it a real killer, somewhere between 60 to 80 percent of people that are to the point they need help breathing are going to die.

40-60 percent of people are a-systematic. This means they will carry spread and not have any or much signs of the virus.

Somewhere around 20-40 percent will get sick and fight it at home.

Somewhere around 10-20 percent are going to get sick enough to need medical help. Of these are the people that will die. The people that go on breathing help are in trouble, numbers are all over the place but they are 50-80 percent are dying.

Treatments are out there, from plasma to anti inflammatory drugs for arthritis (medications) but this it still iffy and who is going to do what. All in who is caring for you.

Now to fact: 3-13-2020 I get a call dad is bad and maybe not going to make it. 82 years old (well is was 81 at the time) heart trouble, high blood pressure, sternum removed, stroke, and a whole list of other things. I get there he is laboring breathing 26 times a minute, blood oxygen is low, they have him on oxygen. He is starting to retain fluid, now he is heading down that congestive heart failure (one other thing he is fighting,illness). This is how the COVID-19 kills by wearing you down, how long can you fight breathing like that 20-30 times a minute.

Fact two Beaver Co. had no way to test my Dad. They didn't tell us this, they did say he tested for positive influenza A. COVID-19 test were not there for an other two to four days.

Fact three if you get sick, fight for your rights. They had my dad's records mixed and messed up. It was a miracle they didn't kill him.

Fact four his heart doctor call mom on Friday 4-24-2020 he had just got done fighting for his own life. After words he said he just doesn't understand how Ted is still here. He had it, systems matched his, within 12 hours or less after you start feeling bad (symptoms start) your in trouble. Breathing like your under stress and laboring to just breath. Temperature and the rest of the symptoms are for the 20-40 percent, that can fight it at home. But its a short time from I'm feeling kind of bad to I'm not doing good at all. Dad was fine 9:30 AM 3-13-2020 I called him, they had shut down visitors to nursing home he was in. 12:00 PM sister said dad was now complaining he was breathing fast and some coughing. By 4:30 he was in real trouble. This is just what the Heart Doctor Explained happened to him, within 4-6 hours he was in trouble. He just wanting to call and ask my mom what happened to Ted, as he was on the phone with her for a long time 20-30 minutes. Going over the records and was telling her that my dad had the COVID-19, its not the normal flu.

Be Safe, learn from this, and again God Bless !!

Banned

COVID-19 And what I know

Covid-19 mortality is comparable to the seasonal flu.
    Covid-19 attacks the oxygen transferring efficiency of the air sacs in your lungs.
    Ventilation of patients in critical condition from the effects of Covid-19 drives mortality up.
    Low blood oxygen levels are an early indicator something is wrong. By the time Covid-19 positive people decide to go to the hospital presenting with flu-like symptoms, they are already critically ill.

R/Griff
    Last edited by dangitgriff; 04-26-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dangitgriff View Post
    Covid-19 mortality is comparable to the seasonal flu........

R/Griff
    Who told you that and why would you repeat it without checking the data?

2018/19 USA flu season, 35 million symptomatic cases of the flu with 34 thousand deaths. For a whole year! Mortality rate is one death per thousand cases.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

So far in 2020 for COVID-19 in the USA not even a million confirmed cases and 55 thousand deaths. Mortality rate is 55 deaths per thousand cases.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=u.s.+c...BRE&sp=5&ghc=1

Lets just pretend that the number of Covid-19 cases are under reported by a factor of 10, COVID would still be 5 times deadlier than the Flu.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Hope you Dad pulls thru this. As of Friday noon, the CDC Certified deaths was 20,050. At the some time CNN was reporting 50,000. An RN is the one that pointed this out.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    Hope you Dad pulls thru this. As of Friday noon, the CDC Certified deaths was 20,050. At the some time CNN was reporting 50,000. An RN is the one that pointed this out.
    This is from the CDC's website

U.S. At A Glance
    As of April 24, 2020
    Total Cases - 895,766
    Total Deaths - 50,439

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

How did the RN point this out to you? Did the RN just tell you or did the RN point you to a source and you checked it out for yourself? Did the RN tell you that they had access to non-public CDC data?

Too many people spread rumors and stories without checking them out.

Tim

Boolit Master

I'm not saying you are wrong, but comparing flu deaths/total population versus Covid deaths/number of people tested is comparing apples to oranges. Almost no one has been tested, compared to the total population.
    I am glad your dad seems to be fighting it well. So far no one Iknow, in person or online has been sick, and I hope it stays that way.

Boolit Master

the whuflu is not a flu. the normal flu numbers are for the year and are worldwide, the whuflu numbers are just for the last few months, never has the normal flu needed semitrailer morgue overflow. how many of you know somebody that died from the flu, now how many of you know somebody that has died from the whuflu. statistics lie, use your eyes.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Buddy
    Flu vaccine Covid-19....

Flu - 34k dead over a year vs Covid-19 that has killed over 50k in two months.

I get the idea that Covid-19 may be more dangerous than the flu.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post

2018/19 USA flu season, 35 million symptomatic cases of the flu with 34 thousand deaths. For a whole year! Mortality rate is one death per thousand cases.

So far in 2020 for COVID-19 in the USA not even a million confirmed cases and 55 thousand deaths. Mortality rate is 55 deaths per thousand cases.

Lets just pretend that the number of Covid-19 cases are under reported by a factor of 10, COVID would still be 5 times deadlier than the Flu.

Tim
    Saying "for a whole year" for the flu makes no sense. Nobody is getting the flu in July. It is a seasonal illness!

Boolit Master

our july is somebody else's december.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Moderator Emeritus

My understanding is the covid related deaths may be inflated as anyone with the virus is considered to have died from it no matter any other issues. If true then the percentages would be misstated. Luck to your father.

Boolit Master

Tim
    Yesterday, when I looked at the CDC stats for Flu, they said from 24K-62K deaths October 2019-April 2020.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm

We're at about 50K deaths from Covid 19, also as of yesterday.

Boolit Master
    This is from the CDC's website

U.S. At A Glance
    As of April 24, 2020
    Total Cases - 895,766
    Total Deaths - 50,439

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ses-in-us.html

How did the RN point this out to you? Did the RN just tell you or did the RN point you to a source and you checked it out for yourself? Did the RN tell you that they had access to non-public CDC data?

Too many people spread rumors and stories without checking them out.

Tim
    We saw that page, he selected the “certified” page link from the site, handed me his phone showing both the page you show, then the Certified page showing 20050 deaths. Right on the CDC site and yes I saw it with my own eyes. Don’t know if he has access at a deeper level than general public. I am only interested in the truth, that is not going to be found on the general media. I can get him to send me the link tomorrow if it is public, he is my son’s boss.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Banned

COVID-19 And what I know

Tim
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/04/...-sanjay-gupta/

From Julian Rose at Global Research:
    “The ‘gold standard’ in testing for COVID-19 is laboratory isolated/purified coronavirus particles free from any contaminants and particles that look like viruses but are not, that have been proven to be the cause of the syndrome known as COVID-19 and obtained by using proper viral isolation methods and controls (not the PCR that is currently being used or Serology /antibody tests which do not detect virus as such). PCR basically takes a sample of your cells and amplifies any DNA to look for ‘viral sequences’, i.e. bits of non-human DNA that seem to match parts of a known viral genome. The problem is the test is known not to work.”

1. According to data from the best-studied countries such as South Korea, Iceland, Germany and Denmark, the overall lethality of Covid19 is between 0.1% and 0.4% and thus up to twenty times lower than initially assumed by the WHO.
    2. A study in Nature Medicine comes to a similar conclusion even for the Chinese city of Wuhan. The initially significantly higher values for Wuhan were obtained because many people with only mild or no symptoms were not recorded.
    3. 50% to 80% of test-positive individuals remain symptom-free. Even among the 70 to 79 year old persons about 60% remain symptom-free, many more show only mild symptoms.
    4. The median age of the deceased in most countries (including Italy) is over 80 years and only about 1% of the deceased had no serious previous illnesses. The age and risk profile of deaths thus essentially corresponds to normal mortality. Up to 60% of all Covid19-related deaths have occurred in particularly vulnerable nursing homes.
    5. Many media reports of young and healthy people dying from Covid19 have proven to be false upon closer inspection. Many of these people either did not die from Covid19 or they in fact had serious preconditions (such as undiagnosed leukaemia).
    6. Normal overall mortality in the US is about 8000 people per day, in Germany about 2600 people and in Italy about 1800 people per day. Influenza mortality in the US is up to 80,000, in Germany and Italy up to 25,000, and in Switzerland up to 1500 people per winter.
    7. Strongly increased death rates, as in northern Italy, can be influenced by additional risk factors such as very high air pollution and microbial contamination as well as a collapse in the care of the elderly and sick due to mass panic and lockdown measures.
    8. In countries such as Italy and Spain, and to some extent Great Britain and the US, a serious overload of hospitals, notably by the flu, is not unusual. In addition, up to 15% of doctors and nurses currently have to self-quarantine, even if they develop no symptoms.
    9. An important distinction concerns the question of whether people die with or indeed from coronaviruses. Autopsies show that in many cases the previous illnesses were an important or decisive factor, but the official figures usually do not reflect this.
    10. Thus in order to assess the danger of the disease, the key indicator is not the often mentioned number of test-positive persons and deceased, but the number of persons who actually and unexpectedly develop or die of pneumonia.

The data is in — stop the panic and end the total isolation:
    https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...otal-isolation

R/Griff

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    We saw that page, he selected the “certified” page link from the site, handed me his phone showing both the page you show, then the Certified page showing 20050 deaths. Right on the CDC site and yes I saw it with my own eyes. Don’t know if he has access at a deeper level than general public. I am only interested in the truth, that is not going to be found on the general media. I can get him to send me the link tomorrow if it is public, he is my son’s boss.
    I just spent some more time looking around the CDC website and did not find the Certified Page. Would like to see the link if you can get it shared.

Thanks for sharing more of the story.

We have solved the mystery of what CNN was reporting, the same thing CDC site was reporting. The total Covid deaths the states reported to the CDC. Even 20000 deaths make it more deadly than the flu.

The 55,000 number is the truth, it is the number of COVID 19 deaths reported by the states, DC, Guam, etc. Is it the true number of deaths over an above the deaths we would have without the virus? No, some of those people would have died anyway. Did all of them have COVID, not sure, States and hospitals have reasons to inflate the numbers.

Tim

Boolit Buddy
    What's with all the massive death counts being printed in this thread?

Do people not understand that the death counts are being manipulated and inflated? A large percentage of the so called Covid-19 deaths weren't caused by Covid-19.......they were caused by underlying health conditions. These people would have died from catching a bad cold, the majority are elderly patients........elderly people die easy.

I've seen reports of people 100 years old dying from Covid-19..............no, they didn't die from Covid-19, they died cause they're 100 years old.......the gullibility of people is simply unbelievable.

Others were obese, had heart conditions, high blood pressure, probably most with diabetes.......you get any half serious infection when you're in that state of health, there's an really good chance you're toast. Anyone from young to 70-90 years old is probably dead if they go into it that unhealthy.

The fact is, most people live a lifestyle that invites disease, then they catch even a bad cold, get pneumonia, and they don't have a chance.

But nope, everyone just grabs on to the "official" numbers and continue on in their blessed ignorance......easier to ignore the truth, than to face it and deal with it.

Boolit Master
    Tim, I looked as well and could not find the link. I didn’t pay attention to how it got it to come up. Came up when I asked about flu deaths this year to date. I think his point is the certified number removes the “head on collision but tested positive for virus antibodies”. Seems quite a few medical people feel there is some book cooking going on. He seemed to have substantial energy about the issue. I will see if I can get link tomorrow.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dangitgriff View Post
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/04/...-sanjay-gupta/

From Julian Rose at Global Research:
    “The ‘gold standard’ in testing for COVID-19 is laboratory isolated/purified coronavirus particles free from any contaminants and particles that look like viruses but are not, that have been proven to be the cause of the syndrome known as COVID-19 and obtained by using proper viral isolation methods and controls (not the PCR that is currently being used or Serology /antibody tests which do not detect virus as such). PCR basically takes a sample of your cells and amplifies any DNA to look for ‘viral sequences’, i.e. bits of non-human DNA that seem to match parts of a known viral genome. The problem is the test is known not to work.”

1. According to data from the best-studied countries such as South Korea, Iceland, Germany and Denmark, the overall lethality of Covid19 is between 0.1% and 0.4% and thus up to twenty times lower than initially assumed by the WHO.
    2. A study in Nature Medicine comes to a similar conclusion even for the Chinese city of Wuhan. The initially significantly higher values for Wuhan were obtained because many people with only mild or no symptoms were not recorded.
    3. 50% to 80% of test-positive individuals remain symptom-free. Even among the 70 to 79 year old persons about 60% remain symptom-free, many more show only mild symptoms.
    4. The median age of the deceased in most countries (including Italy) is over 80 years and only about 1% of the deceased had no serious previous illnesses. The age and risk profile of deaths thus essentially corresponds to normal mortality. Up to 60% of all Covid19-related deaths have occurred in particularly vulnerable nursing homes.
    5. Many media reports of young and healthy people dying from Covid19 have proven to be false upon closer inspection. Many of these people either did not die from Covid19 or they in fact had serious preconditions (such as undiagnosed leukaemia).
    6. Normal overall mortality in the US is about 8000 people per day, in Germany about 2600 people and in Italy about 1800 people per day. Influenza mortality in the US is up to 80,000, in Germany and Italy up to 25,000, and in Switzerland up to 1500 people per winter.
    7. Strongly increased death rates, as in northern Italy, can be influenced by additional risk factors such as very high air pollution and microbial contamination as well as a collapse in the care of the elderly and sick due to mass panic and lockdown measures.
    8. In countries such as Italy and Spain, and to some extent Great Britain and the US, a serious overload of hospitals, notably by the flu, is not unusual. In addition, up to 15% of doctors and nurses currently have to self-quarantine, even if they develop no symptoms.
    9. An important distinction concerns the question of whether people die with or indeed from coronaviruses. Autopsies show that in many cases the previous illnesses were an important or decisive factor, but the official figures usually do not reflect this.
    10. Thus in order to assess the danger of the disease, the key indicator is not the often mentioned number of test-positive persons and deceased, but the number of persons who actually and unexpectedly develop or die of pneumonia.

The data is in — stop the panic and end the total isolation:
    https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...otal-isolation

R/Griff
    The first link, from the LewRockwell site is opinion not science.

The stuff in between, you don't say were it came from or a link, just Julian Rose at Global Research:

This is what I found "Julian is an international activist, writer, broadcaster, organic farming pioneer and actor." not a doctor or scientist either.

And the piece from "The Hill" While I am not a fan of "The Hill" at least Dr. Scott W. Atlas is an MD. He is a radiologist not an epidemiologist but still close enough for me. It is an opinion piece but does reference some studies like:

"The recent Stanford University antibody study now estimates that the fatality rate if infected is likely 0.1 to 0.2 percent." That is right from the story you linked.

So if we don't social distance and pass the virus to all of us then we should expect between 300,000 and 600,000 deaths in the USA. Do you see why we are trying to stop the spread of the disease.

The doctor goes on to say that we are handling this isolation wrong and we should only isolate people with existing medical conditions. I would be OK with that, I would just stay in isolation until they work out a vaccine or better treatment. The rest of you can mingle all you want.

Oh, by the way those numbers from the Stanford study are as much as twice the mortality of the Flu.

Tim

it is way overblown. statistics from at least two studies, one new York one Stanford show that 10 to 50 times the number of folks have already had the wuhan virus. So 10 to 50 million of us. and over 30 percent of the deaths nationwide are in nursing homes. And almost 100 percent have preexisting health problems. if you are healthy. it will most probably not even affect you at all. This isnt a pandemic, that would be 10 times the number dying. and this hide in your home is only slightly affective. have you not been to the grocery this month?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I asked my wife (RN) once. Are there people who think if the doctor gives the rite medicine, or prescribes the rite treatment every time my loved one will live forever? She looked me dead in the eye and said, "yes, yes they ARE! ". This was after someone was telling us about how Dr X at hospital Y had KILLED his 91 year old father.

This SARS virus is real, it is killing a few people, nearly ALL the fatalities have multiple comorbid conditions that worked together to take that person's life. In my opinion, it has been blown completely out of proportion compared to the damage it has caused due to media fear mongering! I'd love to see the media beat the drum on a daily basis for every smoking, alcohol, or obesity related death! BTW, age factors into how likely one is to die of ANY cause, even driving (an auto crash took my Papa)(cancer took the other)! I'm told, statistically, once one passes 80 years old, the chance to see the next birthday is cut in half from the year before, e.t.c e.t.c, so you see the astronomical odds against reaching 100 years.

To the OP, I'm sincerely sorry. My mother in law died from pulmonary fibrosis (lungs just harden and stop working) it was heart breaking hearing her pray to God to end her battle and take her on.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast