Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Looking for 357 carbine suppressor education

Looking for 357 carbine suppressor education

I can legally shoot on my property, but my neighbor doesn’t like it. I’d like to put a suppressor on my 357 Timberwolf ( pump carbine) I can find 9mm cans that people use with 38 special. Is there anything out there intended for 357 ? I understand I need to shoot subsonic to be really quiet, but I’d like something that won’t be damaged by 357.
    Where do I start ? I’ll get back to googling but I gotta imagine there are some quiet carbine shooters in this group who have tread before me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    From the suppressors point of view, the bullet diameter, and uncorking pressures are the biggest factor in the ratings. The .357 and 9mm operate at the same Maxx Saami chamber pressures. The longer barrel is very likely to have a lower uncorking pressure, and the bullets are so close in diameter, that's a moot point.

A 9mm can is the right choice for your .357 rifle. If you plan to shoot cast bullets through it, get one that's user serviceable.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Isn’t there a significant difference in the volume of gas ? Looking at 125 g 9mm vs 357 pressures are kinda close but quantity to get there is very different.
    I’m asking not arguing

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zymguy View Post
    Isn’t there a significant difference in the volume of gas ? Looking at 125 g 9mm vs 357 pressures are kinda close but quantity to get there is very different.
    I’m asking not arguing

It's a fair question, and not off base, but unless you get one of those tiny micro cans with wipes (you do NOT want one of these unless you have a very specific need or desire for the smallest can possible, and don't plan to shoot it much) the gas volume won't make any noticeable difference. Again, it's the uncorking pressure that's the biggest factor you need to worry about.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

If you're going to be shooting lead though it get a non welded can.

Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    If you're going to be shooting lead though it get a non welded can.
    Any outfit you’d recommend?

I had it narrowed down to two different suppressors a few years back when I got mine. The Griffin Optimus https://www.griffinarmament.com/opti...r/#description which is user serviceable and the new at the time Silencerco Hybrid which is a welded design. Both have pluses and minuses. The more I looked at them the more I eventually wanted to use them on stuff larger than .358" dia which the optimus was limited to so I went with the Hybrid. Griffin has since come out with the bushwhacker 46 which is similar to the hybrid only serviceable https://www.griffinarmament.com/bush...nd-suppressor/ It's likely what I'd get today if I were in your shoes. No issues using the Hybrid on straight walled stuff from 22lr on up to 450BM, 9mm, 40S&W, 45acp, and lots of wildcats. Works fine on 223 and 308/30-06 as well. Being sealed though it isn't able to be taken apart to be cleaned if I were to use lots of lead bullets in it, so I don't. There are a lot more multi caliber suppressors out there now and many are serviceable.