WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Things we will absolutely need should SHTF

Boolit Master

Folks if it all goes south there is a whole lot of stuff we will be missing , and we can never have enough stuff stored for such a thing it will be primitive living again after a few years and we will either make do or die , I cast and cost bullets now for storage as it is going to be easier now then later , all in all stock up ahead of time on anything you can use now and would use later and learn how to do things yourself and how to get by with less .

Bazoo roasted coffee is like a bit like a loaf of bread. It will last a while. But it does start to degenerate or lose flavor from that point.

Green coffee you can roast small batch's as needed.

Also 1 cup of fresh roast coffee in 3 cups of roasted whole bean makes the whole thing taste better.

I grind mine fresh every morning. Hand grinder, 35 turns each hand for a 12 oz mug, 60 for the big 20 oz.

And yes, a little bit of JB weld can save your hide after SHTF.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

You can use para cord for more then one thing if you take it apart to use, from fishing line to sew thread to what ever your thinking will be. If need to to stich wounds when you clean it to use it for that if needed to. There is other simple things out there that many will over look also. I use a beam scale for my measure and I go with out anything that you need batteries and I also use dial calipers too.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Moderator Emeritus

GhostHawk mentioned duct tape and got me thinking. The good stuff I used to get is no longer available. The stuff sold now is junk. What brand or such do you guys use?
    Thanks. Ron

Boolit Master

Nashua 357 is what the company I work for buys and it is the best I have used Mr Wolf , It does come in handy .

Boolit Master

Don't forget plenty of salt, you can't live without it.
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

I generally don't use duct tape. When I do I just buy some from Walmart. I ran across a roll of tyvek sealing tape. I ain't tried it yet but it looks to be just the ticket for patching a tear in a tarp or plastic.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    Nashua 357 is what the company I work for buys and it is the best I have used Mr Wolf , It does come in handy .
    Thanks!

Boolit Master

You are welcome and yes salt pepper spices will be most wanted , seeds to grow and root vegetables wish I had the room here for a root cellar .

I have 100 pounds of salt. A few extra of other things.

I've used a lot of duct tape that for one reason or another wasn't very good, like not sticky enough or peeled itself off in cold weather, but the last couple of years I've been using Napa brand from Napa Auto Parts. The best I've used. So far .

Boolit Master

Der Gerirgsjager Congratulations on becoming a Mod I just noticed on this page .

Don't forget all sizes of sewing needles. One can make yard, but the eye of a needle is tough to punch with an awl or files.

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    Der Gerirgsjager Congratulations on becoming a Mod I just noticed on this page .
    Thank you, sir--I think. I'm having a difficult time with it right now, but the other guys are willing to teach me the ropes.

Boolit Master

You sir will do fine , keep up the posting and good luck in your new unpaid position , as I believe it to be a job with little to no gratitude and if is not for you and the others moderating things can and do tend to get out of hand . Sorry for thread drift

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    You can make really decent glue with pine pitch.

Containers are something folks forget; If you can't carry water etc. you're going to have a tough time.

Boolit Master
    ive given this a bit of thought and thinking of the calamity after the covid fever shut a whole bunch of stuff down and everyone staying inside was kinda like a test run. so many have first thought of, guns, ammo, reloading stuff and then way down on the list is spam and beenie weenies.

I thinking first might be a good reliable way to have safe drinking water, most people can only survive 3 days without water and if you get ill from poor quality water you won't be able to care for yourself never mind protect anything.
    food. yup you need food, more on this later.
    gun and ammo to protect self, loved ones and stuff, but this is best to go together with likeminded who live nearby to act together as a team.
    garden seeds might be real helpful and a way to turn the lawn or some good space into a garden, this is important you can have seeds but if you have no way to turn lawn into garden you won't have beans corn and squash to eat, and have a way to protect and water it and whatever is necessary to preserve what you grow. some chickens might be real good too. im here today because great grandad had big garden and lots of chickens and a milk cow and a marlin Ballard to protect stuff back in the depression when nobody had nothing.
    a bunch of canned and dried foods would probably be a big help
    a mule or horse. would be good for transportation.
    some solar panels and good batteries the latest developed will last 3500 or more chargings, that's just about 10 years if you drain batteries daily, and power converter to run electric stuff would be big plus
    should I keep going

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Thank you, sir--I think. I'm having a difficult time with it right now, but the other guys are willing to teach me the ropes.

Get some heavy duty hats, or maybe even a turban.
    Otherwise you'll do so much head scratching while looking at questionable posts,
    you'll dig a hole in the top of your head.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    was talking to one of the old timers that's like around here all his life and he was telling me of these people who moved in on the other side of town and cut a hole though the mountain to build a survival bunker. and another one being built not too far away from here and this survivalist church group moving intro the county that has everyone in the local grocery store talking about it how they need to have the sheriff keep a close eye on some of these newcomers.
    seems this area is pretty popular for folks planning ahead to have it as a bug out place or whatever.

Boolit Buddy
    I always thought the 4 things i would miss most would be paper towels, paper plates, toilet paper and ziplock bags. I grew up without those things, but I've grown to appreciate them.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast