WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Plain base check material?

Boolit Master

Plain base check material?

Hey members, hope this post finds y'all in good health.
    Regarding the aluminum ribbon or stripping I bought several years ago: It came in a roll of 100' length Width is .640, thickness is.006. This was bought for my plain base .41 cast slugs, and to be used in my Pat Marlins checkmaker. Apparently I have misplaced or lost the Information of the vendor. Does anyone have any idea who the vendor was/is that was selling this aluminum stripping. This was approximately 8 years ago.
    I do believe he was also using the European Great Britian currency symbal.
    Thank you in advance.
    Regards
    Last edited by littlejack; 04-25-2020 at 07:13 PM.

It was Coil&Foil but Yonky shut it down I guess.... sucks as I just found my check maker stuff from years ago and wanted to place an order from him.

Boolit Master

I did eventually find out, and also that Yonkyshut down. Thank you for the informationembers, I have a little problem. Advice ???
    I have "had" one of Pat Marlins check makers for .41 pb. For some reason, it started making bad checks. It started smearing the check down into the die when punching the disc. I tried readjusting the die, but no help there. I sent it back to Pat, and he said he rebuilt it ?? However, when I received it back from him it had the same problem. There was a problem with him changing his internet server, so this did take a few weeks to communicate with him. Anyway, I sent it back and told him the issue, and could I either get it repaired, or I pay the difference and get it replaced. He finally emailed me back, and apparently I had forgotten to put my name on the package, and he had just set it aside. Apparently, he didnt realize that I had sent multiple emails to contact him. I sent him a last email about two months ago, trying to get a reply. I told him to keep the check maker or let me know if he was going to replace it, as I have nearly two full rolls of .006 ribbon from Yonky for the .41 checks. I haven't heard anything from him. Is he out of business, or is this his normal method of communication?
    Last edited by littlejack; 07-24-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Boolit Master
    Hone the top of the punch with a fine stone. I do this by placing the stone on top of the die then advancing the punch to where it just lifts the stone. This helps keep the end of the punch flat and parallel with the top of the die. Then lube your strip of material ot the end of the punch with paraffin or lanolin.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Master

jd
    Thank you for the instruction. I did hone the punch some before I sent it to Pat. Then, as stated above, Pat said he rebuilt it. Im not sure what that means or entails. I would try your method, but Pat has my check maker and I cant get a response from him.