WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Walnut Hill dies

Walnut Hill dies

I recieved an email from Corbin manufacturing that they will be making dies to fit walnut hill and sea gurt presses. They will also support, repair and offer press parts. D

Boolit Master

Got the same E-Mail. Although I do not have Walnut Hill or Sea Gurt products; it's always nice to know a product has not become an Orphan with no support available.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    That's actually pretty cool, though it doesn't effect me.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Buddy

Would you guys mind copying what was in the email, I haven't bought from Dave so no email, and I only saw adapters listed on his site. Thanks!

Boolit Master

just emailed him about a week ago asking about stuff for the sea girt and he said only special order, must have got to thinking about the business he was missing out on now that his brother is out of business.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Buddy
    The email is a little un clear, I emailed and specifically asked about the reason for the .458 size limit on the "dies to fit the SG/WH presses" and he stated that the email is about using the S die adapters and S dies in the SG/WH presses. He did say that they would build a "custom set" of WH dies but you have to send in a set of dies you already have so they can measure them and make a copy in the caliber you want.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 475AR View Post
    The email is a little un clear, I emailed and specifically asked about the reason for the .458 size limit on the "dies to fit the SG/WH presses" and he stated that the email is about using the S die adapters and S dies in the SG/WH presses. He did say that they would build a "custom set" of WH dies but you have to send in a set of dies you already have so they can measure them and make a copy in the caliber you want.
    Thanks, that's a bummer I was hoping had start making compatible dies but figured it was the adapter and the S dies.

Heres a copy of the email

[1]Corbin.com web site World Leader in Custom Bullet Swaging Technology [2]Sea Girt style swage die and punch holder made by Corbin Providing support for your bullet swaging equipment for over 45 years: we're still here for you! New! Die and Repair Options for your discontinued "Sea Girt" or "Walnut Hill" press! Corbin Mfg is now offering custom made swage dies for the discontinued RCE "Sea Girt" press. Offering standard and special diameters from .102 to .458, including punch holders and replacement punches. Corbin can also repair "orphaned" RCE presses, and has adapters for the "Walnut Hill" press to use standard Corbin type -S die sets. Corbin standard floating punch holders (FPH-1-S) fit the press head and use standard Corbin external punches. The WH adapters are listed on www.SwageDies.com web store. The custom Sea Girt dies and punches are built to order, and are not listed. Call, write, or e-mail your requirements to get a free quote. WH-Adapter available on [3]www.SwageDies.com

Boolit Buddy

Thanks Uncle Dino

That's excellent. I already have a couple of Corbin point form dies I use with a 5/8"-7/8" thread adapter and Walnut Hill punches. I'd like to pick up a few more point form dies for different profiles (452 3/4E, 357 1E, etc)

I wish someone would fire up a Baird transfer punch press (like Richard was using) and make jackets. None of this fifteen cents nonsense. No reason the jacket should cost more than finished bullets cost..

Quote Originally Posted by uncle dino View Post
    I recieved an email from Corbin manufacturing that they will be making dies to fit walnut hill and sea gurt presses. They will also support, repair and offer press parts. D

Boolit Bub
    Has anyone asked if Dave plans on offering a WH size press? For a hand press, the h dies are quite large and the s dies small the wh sized dies are great in size.

Boolit Buddy

I'm sure the answer is no. I've talked to him extensively about his presses and he feels they are all perfect as is for the job they are designed to do.
    Zbench

Corbin apparently will be opening his shop , doing small runs , no custom orders...

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
    Corbin apparently will be opening his shop , doing small runs , no custom orders...
    Richard (RCE) or Dave?

Quote Originally Posted by guywitha3006 View Post
    Richard (RCE) or Dave?
    Richard RCE

Boolit Buddy

M.A.D... thanks for the heads up!

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like RCE has his site back up.
    https://www.rceco.com/

Boolit Master

Looks like Richard is coming out with a new press. It looks similar to Dave's CSP-1 but the ram is threaded 7/8-14. Too bad I got 3 Walnut Hills, a CSP-1 & a CSP-2 & a Mity-Mite plus his Hydraswage. I'm still interested as soon as he prices them.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu