WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: 1911 80% frame builds

Boolit Buddy

1911 80% frame builds

Would love to hear from anyone who has went this route. Share experiences. Give tips. Thanks

Boolit Master

Not an 80% build but I recently started one from scratch using a piece of 4140. I know that's no help for your question but I too would be interested in about anything and everything about building one of these pistols, maybe we can get a good discussion going about this.

Over on gunbroker there is a guy who is selling high quality 80% frames with a nicely checkered front strap for only $109 that are supposed to be from surplus factory stock but where ever they come from they look super good, looking at one of those a guy had at the local gun shop is what got me interested in doing this. The same guy has slides of the same high quality for $99, the slides are completely machined except for sight dovetails.
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Boolit Master

Well looks like we might be it in this endeavor? So what do you have and what are you planing on building? I am building a 1911 A1 Government model like the WWII era Colt I have carried for many years so the plan is to just copy it part for part.
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

I've got an %80 frame but I haven't had the time to get started on it. Heck I haven't even been able to decide on whose slide to go with.

Be sure to post your progress so I can follow (and be shamed in to starting )

-Ron

Boolit Master

Same as scrapmetal , have some have not bought the parts yet , its a get around to it project.