Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: 452423 on eBay Now

Boolit Master

452423 on eBay Now

I just want to let my fellow cast booliters know there is a 452423 for sale on eBay right now. It’s a single cavity like mine. I use my 452423 on occasion and I’m glad I own it, you may wish to own one too. I know nothing about the seller.

I cast up a bunch of 452423 during this stay at home order and plan to load some in my Starline Schofield brass.

Boolit Master
    Saw that. However, I have the MP Mold clone of it and can cast both solids and hollowpoints. One of my favorite bullets, as it can be used for both .45 Colt and .45 ACP.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master

I wanted one of these for a long time. Finally got a single cavity on eBay at a decent price. The multiple cavity molds seem to sell for stupid prices.

Then I realized that my NOE 452-238 is almost the same boolit.

I REALLY need to get a 45 Colt revolver.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    I REALLY need to get a 45 Colt revolver.
    BF,

The Italian made clones of the Colt SAA can be bought new on GunBroker for as little as $450. I got one made by Pietta and am very happy with it.

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Bub
    I purchased this mold on e bay. When it arrived the screws that attach to handles were missing, contacted seller, four days later they arrived both heads were filed showing bare metal. Tried screwing into mold block, mold block had damaged threads. One half of mold top ( half cutter doesn’t not mount to)must have been scratched so that half was also filed down showing bare metal, and really noticeable when placing half’s together. Seller didn’t show that in pictures then. I asked for a refund. I was given a refund, but now see that same mold is for sale. Just FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Paid I think $6.00 for mine about 40 years ago at a gun show and it is a single cavity Ideal with virtually no vent lines. Casts fine though. Side by Side thanks for the heads up to the folks around here.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Side by Side View Post
    I purchased this mold on e bay. When it arrived the screws that attach to handles were missing, contacted seller, four days later they arrived both heads were filed showing bare metal. Tried screwing into mold block, mold block had damaged threads. One half of mold top ( half cutter doesn’t not mount to)must have been scratched so that half was also filed down showing bare metal, and really noticeable when placing half’s together. Seller didn’t show that in pictures then. I asked for a refund. I was given a refund, but now see that same mold is for sale. Just FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was lucky enough to purchase few molds on ebay but it seems that there are still shady characters using EBay as a way to sell items otherwise not suitable for resale. I had definitely better luck buying from members here. Quality and price are much better from members here just keep your eyes open. I dont buy much from EBay anymore.

Boolit Buddy
    I have that mold. Used in my .45 auto rim cases before I traded off my S&W model 25.

As stated above, makes a great boolit for my 45 Colts.

Boolit Grand Master

If the ebay bidding gets all stupid and into the stratosphere check out the NOE clone , can get multiple cavity and solid , hollow and cup (penta) point pins .
    I use them in 45 acp revolver loads ... it's a keeper design .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I have both a Lyman #452423, and the NOE clone. They Lyman in a 2 cavity I purchased roughly 30 years ago. And the NOE in a 4 cavity solid I bought and have not used as of yet.

It's a heck of a boolit, no doubt. Now I am wondering. Is the NOE clone for all intent and purpose a copy of the Lyman version?

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    I have the 6 cavity GB mold that Catshooter ran many moons ago. It piles them up quick!

Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Boolit Master

I believe you will find that NOE version is the best version with a square groove and equal bands. There was a real search for the true Keith bullets on this board back when that version was finalized. GLL and Felix and Catshooter were involved with it and a banned former member Too........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master

Both GLL and Felix were a huge help on that design. Good boolit!

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Grand Master
    According to my inventory list (Which is kind of questionable)
    I have a 4 cav one.
    I'll have to double check.
    Never cast with it.
    Might just have to try it.