WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's up at NOE?

Boolit Master
    I ordered some items on Sunday and were shipped on Monday. That's very fast service!

I sent an email at the end of April but didn't receive a response.

I think it's common that some sites don't monitor the built in "contact us" area and emails or just aren't computer people. So, a phone call may be in order and may be the preferred method of communication...

i dont know all the details. however i do know that ever since NOE got the new web provider, that as items sold out that they stayed that way. i've ordered from Al (NOE) several times with only one glitch years agoin which Al called me first thing monday morning and got it fixed. im going to guess that the products are being made and inventory being updated on the end of NOE but not on the end of the web provider. also there is an ebay seller kknown as wholesalehunter who is listing truckloads of NOE molds.

Boolit Master

I spend an hour tonight trying to place an order. The new website needs some serious work in terms of functionality and layout. It will not accept my password and when I try to reset my password I am forwarded to a 403 error page. Al, if you monitor this, kick some *** and make your website more friendly and usable.

Boolit Master

I quit looking for what I wanted , out of stock , or gas check design , size on some is larger then I want as with coating I do not need it that large .
    Arsenal molds will cut to size you ask for , so I have went that route a few times , But the larger truth is I have quite a few molds .
    There are some styles that I will wait for NOE to get back in stock , I enjoy my molds that NOE has made , sure is easy to hit the $1000 dollar club .
    I transitioned over to the new site O.K. may have had to reset password , but it lets me sign in and see the past orders I made after I set up account .
    Hope he continues to do well and hope he cuts more molds for all of us in the future .

Boolit Buddy
    I've bought brass molds in the past from NOE so i'm not new to his stuff.

I get the emails and figured if they can send them they should take the time to reply.

And yes like many here i'm far from a new caster and have over 20 molds.

Not a lot but they are designs i do use.

I'll have to try arsenal on my next one.

I bought a 220grn 10mm mold from mt molds. Didn't show it on the page.

Answered all my emails and i had a nice 2 cavity brass mold for my delta elite and ruger match champion in under a week.

Rich

Banned
    "I'll have to try arsenal on my next one."

I am very happy with my Arsenal copy of the 311041. Very accurate in my 30-30.

I have molds from NOE, Accurate, RCBS and now Arsenal.

I will definitely buy from Arsenal again.

Steve in N CA

I believe that NOE may be just a tad overwhelmed like many other companies currently.

For those looking for hollow points, try this link: http://www.hollowpointmold.com/

I have several of Erik's pieces in my mold collection. He does excellent work!!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by sghart3578 View Post
    "I'll have to try arsenal on my next one."

I am very happy with my Arsenal copy of the 311041. Very accurate in my 30-30.

I have molds from NOE, Accurate, RCBS and now Arsenal.

I will definitely buy from Arsenal again.

Steve in N CA
    I ordered an NOE a while back and recently a new Arsenal 358-150. The Arsenal shoots wonderful, love that. Put the two molds side by side and if you didn't look at the engraving you couldn't tell them apart except the NOE was 4 cavity, the Arsenal was 5. The Arsenal arrived last Friday and I started casting with it, took me a while to get the feel of the 5 cavity aluminum but once I did, it made lots of bullets. Did a full pot again on Saturday with better results and then again on Monday with zero issues until towards the end. I noticed a little flashing on a couple of bullets and looked at the mold to see if I had some lead on it. Turns out the sleeve/guide for the alignment pin had stuck and worked its way out. I felt a little sticking when I tried to open the mold every once in a while, well that was it. Not the sleeve has a slight bell on it and sticks out so the mold doesn't close perfectly. I have contacted Arsenal twice now, once by their customer reply and once by personal email. I have not heard a word.

I wanted to purchase a 9mm mold at the same time but I couldn't get anyone to reply to my communications so I just went with the one mold for now.

Boolit Grand Master
    Arsenal made NOE"s molds prior to a business falling out. Arsenal having been left with a pile of raw materials after the break started making molds (allegedly with some of Al Nelson's design initially). Their stuff is identical in quality.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

I'm guessing it's just the latest buying spree. Everything I have ordered has been at the mailbox within a week. MP molds and lee molds on titan have also been out of stock lately.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I'm thinking it's the buying spree.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

I've been looking for a 150 gr or so mold for 300 Blackout. I have the MP 311-410 clone and can't seem to get that boolit to shoot worth a damn.

Accurate doesn't make any spire type molds, or small flat point types.

I'm running them in an AR pistol so I need to keep the velocity up. Al is the only maker that offers something I'd like. They've been out of stock for months.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Buddy
    Call Al. Emails dont work as well!

Boolit Master

I for one, hope NOE is doing well as they have been a great help in making quality molds available at a fair price...........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master

I'm still waiting for my mould, it's been two months since I ordered it.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    I'm still waiting for my mould, it's been two months since I ordered it.
    Hickory -- I recommend ringing NOE! I eMailed an order for a mould, top punch, and handles late Saturday 6 June evening, and received -- in addition to both an order receipt eMail from them as well as a, "we're getting your order ready" message from them within minutes, then a few hours, respectively -- I was sent a third eMail indicating my order was both shipped, and will be delivered on Thursday 11 June. "Not too shabby, eh?"Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOE eMail.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	263445
    In my wee assortment of bullet moulds, I have 54 manufactured by NOE, with the great majority purchased directly from them. I cannot recall even a hint of a "problem" with any order I placed. On one occasion, too, *I* was the one making an error in my order number sent, and (embarrassed a little?) rang to complain. Although I really felt stupid(er) -- Mr. Nelson offered to take back my mistake and refund or replace it with the one I had thought I had ordered. Again -- I could not think of a better place from which to purchase bullet moulds. Give Mr. Nelson a 'phone call? (801) 377-7289 is their telephone number.
    geo

Boolit Master
    Just got a shipping notification on a back ordered item and an expander and sizing bushing for 9mm. The back ordered piece was an adapter allowing the use of NOE's boolit sizer bushings in the Lee APP press. I too wish more of their molds were in stock as they have some nice ones.

Banned

Website was giving me some problems today. Called and he picked up on the second ring. Got what I wanted to order fixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12