MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's up at NOE?

Boolit Master

What's up at NOE?

Looking around the site it seems that just about everything is out of stock. Is Al quitting the business? It used to be I'd get a weekly email with what was new that week. I haven't gotten one of those for a while.
    NRA Benefactor.

I am looking at the site now and I see the same thing, what I think it might be just a guess, is that he can not keep up with the demand for how things are . That is all I am thinking. Since other items for reloading and ammo is coming up short.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Mold
    I just received a bullet mold and a couple of sizers. It did take a little longer than normal to ship. I think they are just overwhelmed with orders like everyone else.

Boolit Master

Try Arsenal or Accurate. They ship much quicker than NOE.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    Try Arsenal or Accurate. They ship much quicker than NOE.
    Neither one make hollow point molds.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Seems like there has been a run on primers, powders and reloading supplies. Why not bullet molds too? It seems that NOE'S invemtory goes in waves. He'll run low, then focus on inventory runs to get requested molds back in stock.

I have been looking for a 9mm hollow point mold and it seems no one has a mold for sale except for a mold with no lube rings, I have not perfected the art of powder coating and I really don't mind the sizing and lubing. it is all part of the hobby.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by harley6699 View Post
    I have been looking for a 9mm hollow point mold and it seems no one has a mold for sale except for a mold with no lube rings, I have not perfected the art of powder coating and I really don't mind the sizing and lubing. it is all part of the hobby.
    Look at the Elco boolit from NOE. If its not in stock, call him. He can usually cut it and have it at your door within 2 weeks.

Boolit Buddy
    I needed a couple of sizing bushings from noe, bushing cost 19:90$ , shipping cost 26:50$ . I did not order!

Boolit Master
    Yooper you have to go into calculate shipping costs to get the right shipping charge .

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I have always had good luck with NOE - I have no idea of if or how many people work with Al. Everyone needs to remember that most everything is shut down - which means all of us are in home quarantine and as a result - we turn to our hobbies to occupy our time and I am sure MANY are ordering items related to the hobby - dies, powder, primers, molds, etc. That may be why NOE is not showing a lot of items in stock right now - but it's that way with a lot of suppliers. We have to remember that even those who are still possibly working in a shop cranking out items by themselves or in larger supply houses that are still open are no different than the rest of us. There are just so many hours in a day and they have families to take care of like the rest of us. Things are going to be in short supply for a while until everything gets up and running again.

Boolit Master

I placed an order with Accura outdoors. My Boolets came in 3 days. Im still waiting on my Missouri bullets order. At least they do have on the site delays will accour.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

I really like NOE moulds, have a few... maybe 6. But, this is the exact reason I do not have more. The ones I am after are never in stock.

Boolit Master

I ordered a mould from NOE over a week ago and have heard nothing from them.
    They maybe closed because of the China flu.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Banned
    Al spent a little time getting Castpics back up, for those who don't know NOE is now sponsoring Castpics.

I believe that with many more people home they can't keep up with the demand. In my humble opinion, NOE molds are well worth waiting for.

Boolit Master
    My experience with NOE has been good. I have observed over the decades that skilled machinists and gunsmiths are not talkative as a group, and sometimes do not communicate with us as we would prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper003 View Post
    I needed a couple of sizing bushings from noe, bushing cost 19:90$ , shipping cost 26:50$ . I did not order!
    Those bushings go probably should go on envelope. Call Al and ask.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by harley6699 View Post
    THIS^

I don't powder coat at all

I've sent several emails with no reply asking if they have this with a lube grove.

Simple yes or no would work.

Oh well.

Rich

Boolit Master
    I am surprised at how many of their items are out of stock. But with an catalog that large I can see keeping up with demand might be challenging. Not sure why they feel the need to offer 2, 3, 4 and 5 cavity molds when 2 and 4 would satisfy most customers. I have had prompt shipping and received top qualty items from them.

Boolit Master
    I also was in the market for a 9mm mold and other goodies. Spent days on the site hoping the molds would be cut and I could place a big order. Couldn't wait so ordered what I knew I needed but before checking out I called and spoke with Al. I suggest if anyone thinks they have a question or need an answer just call Al personally answers most times. I would also add that for those new or only having gotten into this hobby within the last few years. NOE, Accurate, Miha,Arsenal and those who have came and gone have given us shooters more than we could hope for in the last decade. Group buys use to take many months if not a year to complete and get molds shipped. Today these fine people can not only deliver within a couple months but each Vendor have more to offer than I could have imagined many years ago. Be patient call and talk to our Vendors you will get more than you ever wanted. Also NOE just sent an email out over weekend with whats new in stock...yes 9mm...Good luck everyone and hope to see you at the range soon. Kevin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast