RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Repackbox

Thread: Almost impossible Antique

Almost impossible Antique

Do you have any info about this hunting rifle?
    Receiver stamp

Waffen schulze. Shoenebeck/Elbe

It’s a hunting rifle, commercial, made in 1896. It looks like it’s made on a Dutch mannlicher action and the caliber is6.5x53r. It has a 17 inch barrel and is almost all original even the blue. Anybody know anything? Please reply.

I couldn't find anything other than some pictures of one that sold on Guns International. If yours is like that one, it is a beautiful piece.
    I did a search on Google for your barrel stamp terms and came up with that much.

Banned

Caliber is basically a rimmed 6.5 Manliccher Schonauer (SP?) Several threads on here about how to form brass from .303 British. I hesitated too long and mised a chance at a nice little sporter in this a couple of years ago, I should have bought it.

Boolit Master
    The Mannlicher actions arent ideal ,despite all the hype .....extractor and ejector is quite flimsy ,parts need to be made if broken ......all the Steyr made ones Ive seen had cracking around the safety catch hole in the cocking piece ....and its not uncommon to see the long guide piece broken clean off when the cracks extend.....Incidentally ,the slow heavy cocking piece is from the old 1871 Mauser ,and carried thru to the last of the Mannlicher Schonauers..Finally ,if it has a magazine sticking down ,it will need clips ,single shot without them.