Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a brass treasure trove today!

Boolit Master

Found a brass treasure trove today!

I stopped by the gun club today for a quick visit to let my 12 year old try a few of the new firearms I've recently purchased. I walk in and there sitting on a bench, is a box filled with probably 1,500 .38 spl cases, 500+ .41 Mag cases, 300+ .357 mag cases, 200+ 22-250 cases and more. ALSO, a older MEC press, wads, hulls, and a bag of shot. Sign on it reading. "Someone please take these home, or throw them in the dumpster." Talk about a reloads dream! Half will go into rotation, the other for trading fodder. To the unknown older gentleman who decided to give up reloading, thank you!

That's the kind of thing that will make you buy new guns...

I can see it now: Me "I've got 300 357 mag cases, I should use them..." wife: "Your not buying more dies and reloading crap are you?" Me: "Well, yeah.... And a gun."
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Grand Master

"Naah, I had the dies years ago, just need to get the gun!"
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a nice score. It was also very thoughtful of who ever left it there. They clearly wished for another reloader to get some use from their stuff.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Congratulations,You scored!! Sometimes you’re in the right place at the right time. I’m glad that old reloader put his stuff out there so someone could enjoy it!!!! Older retired gentleman in my hometown called me up and said” come get this mess out of my garage”. Yessir, I will be right there!! Just my opinion, but move the stuff you don’t need, or want,and finance a new toy with the cash!! Good luck!!!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Banned

That would probably be enough to push me over the edge to buy a .41. I've had that itch off and on a long time.

Honestly, I look at all the reloading junk I have and wonder what will eventually happen to it when I'm gone. I don't see either of my sons getting as deep into it as I am. I may be that old man in about 20 years.

Boolit Master
    My son was in my reloading room a few months ago and asked what I anted to do with all my stuff when I passed. Told him when I'm dead it was his problem. Meanwhile the quarantine has given me time to sort and get rid of a lot of the excess. Gave most of my BP stuff to the local BP club. Still have more to go.

Boolit Master
    Hanzy4200 what a great find ! Mixed blessing, I am glad you got it and not me that free stuff would have cost me a lot .I don't need the temptation to get a .41

Boolit Master
    Good find!!!
    Someone left about 200 - 243 WSSM brass at my own range a month ago - my wife cringed as I picked them up, knowing full well that a shopping trip was in order!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you were playing "futbol" that would be a GOOOOOOOALLLLL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I could use a little 41 mag brass if you have a mind to sell some. PM sent.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    Nice score!
    I could use a 12 guage mec. If its in the "tradding fodder" pile.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    That would probably be enough to push me over the edge to buy a .41. I've had that itch off and on a long time.

Honestly, I look at all the reloading junk I have and wonder what will eventually happen to it when I'm gone. I don't see either of my sons getting as deep into it as I am. I may be that old man in about 20 years.
    I think about that same thing...all the money and time we've spent on reloading and other hobbies. But honestly, we'll be in a much better place then and we'll be too preoccupied to worry about what's going on down here.

Boolit Bub
    Nice score. Not too much 38/357 laying around anymore. 41 is a unicorn.

Boolit Master

Great score, put it to use.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Master

Awesome find. Nice to hear a good story in these times.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Banned

My wife would be fine with me buying another gun, as long as she gets a new gun too.

Boolit Master
    This happened to me, we were up in Utah visiting our daughter and soninlaw. I went to a big sporting good store and they were selling off all there TC barrels, and casting equipment, I just missed a pile of boolits molds the guy just ahead of me at the table had 25 RCBS and Lyman molds in his basket they were priced at $5.00 each. I did find one RCBS 180gr 30 cal mold that he missed. $5.00. The store sold all there TC barrels for $30.00 each of course at that time you could buy them for $89.00 regular price they had one barrel left on the table for $30.00 it was a 357 Herrett. At the time I did not even know it was. This happened 30 years ago. I am still using the RCBS mold today.

Boolit Bub
    Still consider myself lucky to have ordered .480ruger brass from PowderValley on Sat and then get the email that they mailed my flat rate box on Tues.
    Got any idea of how backed up all the big mail order houses are?

Super Pleased to say the least. Will definitely order from PowderValley again!

Me and my daughter went to the gun store on Thursday. Was looking at and got a CZ 75 compact. Then their it was leaning up in the gun rack, A really nice in good shape M1 carbine. Well I have always wanted one so the dam thing fallowed me home to. Wife was not HAPPY. Tried to tell her it was an investment rifle and will go up in price. No all I have to do is tool up to reload for it and get some brass. Already have a mold that will do just fine in it. Any ways she has calmed down and still made dinner for me. Said she loved me so I think we are good. The CZ 75 seamed to walk out the door with my daughter to so I wont get to shoot it. Thats life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast