Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welders Classifieds?

Welders Classifieds?

I’m looking for information, if any of y’all know of a advertisement forum or website that is dedicated to and used by welders/fabricators/etc. I’m not looking for a welding forum, theres plenty of those, but I am looking to advertise my welding services locally and online. Already on Craigslist, and have business cards coming soon. Will be contacting local shops to ask for piecework subcontracted out. Any other advice to get started in this field as a one man show is appreciated. I do have fab experience, but not much machining experience, which is many times done in the same shop.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Except for me- the whole world is on Facebook.

Ya might do that.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Vendor Sponsor

We started a mobile welding business and posted pics on FB that got us a lot of work. Look for community pages near you and post on there.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

You might sell a few boolit traps on this forum.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    Good idea, along with different steel gongs, dueling trees, or spinners.

EVERYONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Good idea, along with different steel gongs, dueling trees, or spinners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    I like these ideas! Do you guys care to post pictures from Google as to designs you would like to see? No obligation, just looking for designs.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Here's one of my favorite designs:

Midway sells 'em for about $50 and they're rated up to .44Mag.

The wife got me a version of it a few years ago that's rated up to .30-06 since it has 1/2" thick plates.

You hit the bottom ones, and they both flip up. Shoot the top one, and they drop back down for a reset.
    I like it. Shooting .30cal. cast with open sights at it from 100 yards isn't as easy as it looks.
    The image on the circles is just a paper decal. After a few hits, its time to spray paint them.

EVERYONE!

Shipping costs might be a bear but with the current lead situation one of the traps where the lead goes down an angled pipe into a container might be something for a lot of casters to consider. Keep reusing the lead. I'm not sure where plans are but a little web searching would probably turn them up.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy

Try Armslist, like craigslist but for guns and related stuff.

Boolit Buddy
    I wish you were out this way. Good fabricators are scarce and in demand.

I have pretty much the same suggestions. Craigslist, Angie's list and Facebook.

With Facebook you can "promote" your posts to a target market for a reasonable cost.

Any chance you could build me a bracket to mount a second alternator on my Cummins 8.3?

Boolit Buddy

With Facebook you can "promote" your posts to a target market for a reasonable cost.

Any chance you could build me a bracket to mount a second alternator on my Cummins 8.3?

Boolit Buddy

Might try making up some angle iron ingot molds and advertising them here on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post

Where are you? Your handle makes it sound like you are in the Pacific Northwest. Glad to talk about your alt. bracket, send me a pm with cell number.

If you live not far from any farmers coop ,if you do not mind to make things and repairs for farmers that would be a good place to put the word out. Also farm fleet store will be a good place, custom work some are looking for , years ago I had work for a welding shop and we did alot of work for farmers beside others that had show up. Also talk with hard wear stores.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Deleted

Three44s
    Last edited by Three44s; 04-25-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Todd,

Use ETSY, Facebook Marketplace, Facebook, YouTube, eBay, Amazon, Shopify and others.

Join other forums and advertise within them. Like others have said, find a product you can readily make and go from there. Attend gun shows, trade shows, craft shows etc.

Boolit Grand Master

We have a news paper here titled Farmland news for farmers and country people. If there is a like a add in it would reach alot, same with a few small adds in papers and local mags. Another help is to pay a visit too the businesses you looking to support and drop of a buisness card to them explain you abilities, skill level, capabilities, and time frame. Keep in minf farm jobs can be all hours of the day or night

The big thing getting started is getting established word of mouth is best here. Do your homework and do it right.

Boolit Grand Master

One thing I forgot to mention when customer calls needing work done, Hes not just paying for the actual job ( materials time) but for peace of mind ( knowing the job is done right and no worry about it)

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    I would try truck shops, or heavy equipment buisnesses. Big parts break, and is far cheaper to repair or make new pieces than buy oem. Anything with tracks the idlers can be welded back up with hardfacing, same with bades, buckets ect.

Social media, trust me. It’s where people look. In construction, web sites do nothing any more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast