RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Repackbox Load Data
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pitbull #4

What kind of a dog do you have, Battis? If it puts down pit bulls so consistently it must be a domesticated bear or something!

Boolit Master

If you read the local news accounts of pitbull attacks from around the country it is rather alarming they kill people much more frequently then any other breed. Out of the dogs I have for any reason had trouble with over 90% were pitbulls and they just are not that common In 2010 I was attacked in my front yard by a stray Rottweiler and put it down but something was not right with it.
    In 2018 I was charged by a pittbull and like two others that charged me stopped cold at the sight of a pistol the owner was not as smart and sits in prison but on newer though not unrelated charges.
    It was in the 1980's I first heard of a pittbull A black guy who lived on the south side of Pontiac Michigan I worked with was bragging about his bad dog. A few weeks later while he was at work it jumped though his window and went after his drug dealing neighbor and was shot dead . Two years later I had my first encounter with one it went after me in my own yard (Older house then this one) ! Officially it got run over by a car later I found out several kids in the area had been injured by it as the owner let it run lose from 5 pm until morning while animal control was not on duty.

Some claim it is not "the breed" I have my doubts just to many of the same breed seem to go on killing spree I suspect it is genetic .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

You seem to be a magnet for dog attacks.

Boolit Master
    He's a 95 lb Shepherd Rottweiler mix. Very solid and strong which is why he's still alive, but I'm wondering if it's his size that somehow challenges the Pitbulls. Only Pitbulls - no other dogs bother him. And each time, he was on a leash.

My wife has 300 acres southeast of Poth Texas. People dump dogs (mostly Pit Bulls out in that area). My wife is afraid to go out there by herself, and I ALWAYS take a gun with me. In my experience, pit-bulls are the meanest dogs, but I think some, but not all is because of the owners. In the last month, I have put down 5 feral dogs, and one of the big problems is that they bread fast, and they attack calves, which is money. My 7.62X39 makes short work of them as does my .357. The 9mm and .38 Special just isn't enough for my taste. They are tough.

ACC

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    He's a 95 lb Shepherd Rottweiler mix. Very solid and strong which is why he's still alive, but I'm wondering if it's his size that somehow challenges the Pitbulls. Only Pitbulls - no other dogs bother him. And each time, he was on a leash.
    Rottweilers are a pretty notorious breed. They are responsible for the second highest number of fatal attacks in the country.

Hitler owned three shepherds and the breed is known to be used by police as an attack dog. I can attest to being chased by many shepherds when I was a kid riding by peoples' houses in the country on my bike.

The facts show you have a dangerous dog!

Boolit Master
    We're guessing on the Rottweiler part. He has the build and the personality but he doesn't look like a Rottweiler. Definitely part Shepherd. Some say he looks like a Bernese Mountain dog. Facts say that bumble bees should not be able to fly, but they do. He is a dangerous dog, at least to dogs that attack him.
    Last edited by Battis; 05-08-2020 at 06:28 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    What kind of a dog do you have, Battis? If it puts down pit bulls so consistently it must be a domesticated bear or something!
    I'm betting Akita or Wolf Hybred
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    He's definitely part Shepherd. He's fast for his size - he's caught and killed 3 squirrels so far. He's from the South - maybe that's why the damned Yankee Pitbulls attack him.
    Here's a pic of a wolf hybrid that I had for 16 yrs (he lived to be 18). The restrictions on him were ridiculous. My kids grew up with him and we never had a problem, but he scared a lot of people with his looks.

Vendor Sponsor
    That is an awesome looking dog. As long as his tail was wagging I don’t think he would be intimidating. I don’t think I would want to cross your fence if his hackles were up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happiness is a warm .45

Boolit Master
    He died in 1999. His eyes scared people - they were light blue.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Rottweilers are a pretty notorious breed. They are responsible for the second highest number of fatal attacks in the country.

Hitler owned three shepherds and the breed is known to be used by police as an attack dog. I can attest to being chased by many shepherds when I was a kid riding by peoples' houses in the country on my bike.

The facts show you have a dangerous dog!

Rottweilers can be a pretty notorious breed........because many Rottweiler owners are idiots who shouldn't be allowed to have animals. No idea what Hitler owning three Shepherds has to do with anything. I grew up with German Shepherds, never once had problems with them.......nor did having them make me want to invade countries.

Shepherds, as well as other breeds, are used by police as attack dogs......they're also trained to be attack dogs rather than nice doggies, again, owners, or trainers determine the outcome. The case with most pitbulls is stupid owners, who have no idea how to properly train the animal, they have them more as a status symbol. I also believe some of the problem comes from crossbreeding, I think it can create crazy dogs.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Some people are just plain afraid of to much, too. (Not talking about the OP here, tho I haven't had any issues with Pits, have with a rare few other breeds.)

Service Dog I knew was about the best dog I may ever meet; He was fairly big and had a dark face. It seems like some people are afraid of dark dogs, for some reason. (People are weird...) He was the biggest love muffin... He Grrrr'ed at one person in a store once (I suspect it was a "You'd better not do that." to stop someone kicking him or something? And one delivery driver, he absolutely DID NOT want coming in his partner's place at all, starting when the guy parked his truck. I saw why when I opened the door, it was like meeting Bundy or some other serial murderer type. Bad energy... Everyone else he just wanted pets from

But when out and about, we would run into people who'd see him with his 120# love dog happy grin, and ask us if he was about to bite... Some people seriously don't understand dogs!

Boolit Master
    Some people seriously don't understand dogs!
    Unfortunately, sometimes they get Pitbulls.