Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pitbull #4

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    I would imagine that if you are close enough to use it, the chances are that it has it's teeth sunk into you, and tazing the dog will result in tazing yourself, as well.
    I don't know much about them so I guess thats possible. I was just trying to think of other non-lethal methods that could be used in public. A big can of Wasp spray works good but would be bulky to carry.

Vendor Sponsor
    I’ll have to remember the wasp spray. I typically carry my bell wrench if I’m going in a yard with a sketchy dog. The wasp spray sounds like a better option. More distance for me and less of a chance of doing something to the dog that will get me called in on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happiness is a warm .45

Boolit Master
    I was door to door fixing all kinds of things all my working life. Breed doesn't matter. Long ago Boss taught me to hang a towel from my back pocket. If a dog is going to bite you it will grab the towel first. Honor satisfied, dog will shred it. Don't turn your back on it again. Hard part is staying calm, doing it. Dogs smell fear, game on. Later days, we refused service, just don't go in. Became company policy, Workman's Comp liability. Let the house freeze. I had more calls than I could do.

Then I moved to Alaska and discovered bear spray.
    Bear Safety Training & Alaska Bush Medicine
    seem to go together. Bear spray actually works,
    most of the time. Really hoses a dog.
    There sure is a lot of juice in one of those...
    Make sure you are upwind.

Boolit Master
    Being attacked by a dog of any breed in its own yard or property is not the same as being attacked by a dog in neutral property. Dogs are territorial by nature - that's why we use them to guard us. But, when a dog breaks free from its owner and charges across a field to attack another dog - that's not being territorial or protective. And when one particular breed of dog does it four times in a year, to the same leashed dog, one might deduct from the preponderance of the evidence that the said attacking dog is a Bozo No No kind of dog.

Boolit Master

All animals are a responsibility as are kids raise them right or do not have them , I have kids , had dogs , neighbors dog at the time attacked the last dog I owned , I lost a dog they then lost a dog , they never did come looking for it either I saw that a lot people who let the dog roam all over the country side never did look for them after the dog went away , people should value a human more then a dog or there is a lack of humanity , as for caves I am quite sure the attachment had a beneficial purpose , tasty they are I hear when there is no other food , yes geh geh number one chop chop humanity begins with people it is also expressed in how people care for their animals , if you have a dog you have a responsibility to care for it feed it and train or make it obey if it turns mean or hurts someone its time to put it down same with all animals and what they should do to criminals just my take and my reply though as maybe you misunderstood my post

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    I was door to door fixing all kinds of things all my working life. Breed doesn't matter. Long ago Boss taught me to hang a towel from my back pocket. If a dog is going to bite you it will grab the towel first. Honor satisfied, dog will shred it. Don't turn your back on it again. Hard part is staying calm, doing it. Dogs smell fear, game on. Later days, we refused service, just don't go in. Became company policy, Workman's Comp liability. Let the house freeze. I had more calls than I could do.

Then I moved to Alaska and discovered bear spray.
    Bear Safety Training & Alaska Bush Medicine
    seem to go together. Bear spray actually works,
    most of the time. Really hoses a dog.
    There sure is a lot of juice in one of those...
    Make sure you are upwind.
    I used to do a lot of TV/Satellite TV service calls on farms. I carried a lead weighted shortened bat. One farmer hollered get in your truck the dog is loose. I held up the bat and he hollered "Go for it, that dumb mutt needs a lesson". Whack, dog shakes his head and comes at me again. Whack, shakes his head again and thinks about it then does it again. Whack! Dog sits down, looks at me then decides to be nice. Cured that dog from attacking people. He still barked and made people know they weren't welcome. Except for me, he turned into my best buddy when I was out there.

Most dogs would see the club and stop, only had to use it once to defend myself besides teaching that one dog a lesson. That was on a German Shepard that was feral, farmer said he had been trying to shoot it but it knew what a gun was. I was assembling a satellite dish in the truck and the dog bit me from behind. Dog was unconscious after a hard hit upside thehead. Farmer came out and put it down, it had killed a bunch of his chickens and attacked his family so it needed it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Read long ago that a squirt gun or a ketchup squeeze bottle like you would find at restaurants, filled with lemon juice, worked wonders

Boolit Grand Master
    comes a point where you have to protect yourself and your dog
    sorry but you leash a killer you pay the price
    I have no problem with defending my family whatever it takes
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

People with good intentions that own pits are the problem. Like fast cars, loose women and machine guns. Everyone thinks they want one but have no clue how to manage them. The problem is dogs dont have the same high price tags as the others. So they get a pit and think because it sits or lays down its a good well trained dog...until its not.

If you AO is too populated for a gun i would suggest a good 6" pig sticker and learn how to use it.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Read long ago that a squirt gun or a ketchup squeeze bottle like you would find at restaurants, filled with lemon juice, worked wonders
    Bleach solution in a water bottle will work but the best besides a gun is pepper spray. It will incapacitate anything if it gets in the eyes and mouth.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Squirt gun filled with Ammonia would be even more of a deterrent, though. It'd sure be nice to never have to even know that, though!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Sudsy ammonia works too, go for the eyes.
    Had some in a capped nasal spray bottle with the spray reamed out to shoot a stream.
    Used it dogs on my motorcycle/bicycle route, just one dose did it.

There's a youtube vid on the affects of Wasp spray on humans...no affect.
    I'm thinking dogs too...no affect.
    jmo

jmo
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kenstone View Post
    Sudsy ammonia works too, go for the eyes.
    Had some in a capped nasal spray bottle with the spray reamed out to shoot a stream.
    Used it dogs on my motorcycle/bicycle route, just one dose did it.

There's a youtube vid on the affects of Wasp spray on humans...no affect.
    I'm thinking dogs too...no affect.
    jmo

jmo
    I've never been a big Tube fan for this very reason. 35 years as a Lineman says it works very well!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    I've never been a big Tube fan for this very reason. 35 years as a Lineman says it works very well!
    um, what "very reason"?

On wasps sure, people no, dogs perhaps what you said...
    It could have been your employer supplied you with a product (it) not available to the public.

Here's some vids, don't know how they could be fake, but you can have your own view of "it" working:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...pray+on+people

you prolly won't watch them though,
    Last edited by Kenstone; 04-30-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Banned

must have been lucky lightman. 33 years as a lineman and was never so much as growled at by someones dog. About half of that was as a transmission lineman so I wasn't around houses much but the last 16 years I did residential and distribution work. Meter readers about all got bit once or twice though. They all carried pepper spray in there pocket. Use to tease them. Unlike us they had to wear uniforms we use to call them bite me pants. Almost seemed like dogs hated those uniforms for some reason. We had much more problem with yellow jacket nest in the ground and hornets nests under transformers.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    Squirt gun filled with Ammonia would be even more of a deterrent, though. It'd sure be nice to never have to even know that, though!
    When riding a road bike it's pretty common to have 2 water bottles on the bike. One with water and the other with a strong bleach solution or similar for dogs. Really doesn't take much to deter them onto other things but if your walking on the ground probably a different story. I'd still go with pepper spray.

Years ago in college I had a job as a greens keeper at a resort. Glorified water man, actually. Night work watering the fairways and greens. Great job, though. No-one bothered you, free golf during the day to "survey the course for watering" and if I was on the 14th Tee's I could pick up Vin Scully calling Dodger games. Anyways, there was a few dogs that ran around at night in a pack so I got an industrial strength pepper spray from a police supply store to carry in my pocket just in case. One night I reached in the pocket and accidentally set it off. I reflexively rubbed my eyes and that was that. I had not been in such a state since training the Army in the "House" where they doused us then made us do jumping jacks and push ups. Bunch of my buddies went through before me and laughed and punched me when I got out snotting and crying on the grass. Then we all sat and made fun of the other guys running out. I hadn't thought of watching "Taylor" run into a tree full speed in panic for quite a while. LOL

Boolit Master
    One of my family members had a pit and was a great advocate until.......... it bit the face of a 3 year old.

A good friend of mine had a pit that everyone loved until.........it killed the other family dog it lived with.

I’ve only been to a handful of dog parks. Every single one of them was a pleasant experience until....... a pit would come through the gate. Within 10-15 minutes the pits would attack some dog.

Hmmm, ANOTHER stream on coincidences I guess.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    One of my family members had a pit and was a great advocate until.......... it bit the face of a 3 year old.

A good friend of mine had a pit that everyone loved until.........it killed the other family dog it lived with.

I’ve only been to a handful of dog parks. Every single one of them was a pleasant experience until....... a pit would come through the gate. Within 10-15 minutes the pits would attack some dog.

Hmmm, ANOTHER stream on coincidences I guess.
    They are called "four legged buzz saws" for a reason. I'd never have one with a kid in the house or if kids were present. Come to think of it, I'd never have one in the house period. If you have one and keep it on a leash and under control then go ahead I guess. It gets loose and comes at me it will get shot.

Boolit Master

My girlfriend's best friend is married and they are trying to have a kid. They have three dogs; one is a full Pit, ones is a Pit mix, and the other is a mutt/collie. The full Pit scares the crap out of me. He is 80lbs of pure muscle and just creepy as heck. Very little emotion for a dog. The other two have typical dog personalities and seem sweet. But that pure Pit just seems to be more like a cat. Very observant and quiet.

When I found out they were trying to have a baby, I asked if they were going to get rid of the Pit. Nope. He's their first child. Yeah, so was Damien...
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

The worst dogs I've ever seen are specimens of the little breeds. I've watched quite a few nip their owners. However, I realize the problem comes from the owners who allow the dogs to think they're in charge. Same problem with can be seen with any other breed of dog.

Our pit bulls have never been abused by people or other dogs, are not neglected by being tied up in the backyard alone, and they know they are not in charge. Therefore, they are well behaved.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast