Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Pretty Happy with Weirauch.....

Pretty Happy with Weirauch.....

Got this pig of a .22 springer, I thought it was a bit much for the platform but after witnessing the wicked accuracy of the rig, I've gotten over it. I realize it is no 5 shot group but the thing can do this every shot if I do my part at 25yrds. The magpies are not very impressed this spring, their songbird nest raiding has a 100% fatality rate landing in my yard's cedar trees, on their part.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1615-1.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	260756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1618.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	260757

Boolit Master
    That model 77 is one of the best, a "can't go wrong" springer, I have the '97 in 22, similar power plant, hope you enjoy it!!

I have a HW77 from 1990 It has dispatched hundreds of Mocking birds ,, my arch enemy! I've been after one for about a week now and have only gotten two long shots at the thing and missed both.

The gun is in my shop and I shoot it infrequently, really need to shoot it more often. Mine is a .22 with a Burris 4X Airgun Scope mounted.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

In Remembrance
    I'm sure wanting this one. For lots of reasons, can't decide what caliber.

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/spr...30s-air-rifle/

I really like the sights too, none of that fiber optic stuff.

Kinda pricey, but maybe I can get me one of those air rifle no pay back loans the gubments passing out.

Rio: You need to understand that Weihrauch guns are not the Walmart crap you see every day. They are quality German Made Air Rifles and with even a small amount of care will outlast you and several of your kids as well.

MY first HW35EB was $189 in 1978. My HW 77 1991 was $400, my R1 2017 was used and I got it for $400 and then put a $200 scope on it. My second 1978 HW35E which I got a couple of years ago, sat in someones closet for 30 years and I got it away from them for $60. It is a $400 gun and that gun has been in production since 1951. They are that good!

These guns are made of real steel and are Hot Blued and have Walnut or Hardwood stocks just like real quality firearms do. The triggers on Weihrauch guns are as good as any Firearm Trigger out there. These are lifetime guns that will be around for along time, and they do cost more than the cheesy stuff. The only makers that are comparable to Weihrauch are RWS, Feinwerkbau, Walther, and a couple of the English makers all of which are even more expensive.

The HW30 is an Entry Level Weihrauch gun, and $293 is a good price. Like I said you are paying for a little bit more quality than the cheap stuff.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

For my first air gun I got a Weihrauch HW95 package(w/scope). The only drawback is that I failed to recognize that it took a bit more effort to cock it. After a few sessions close together, I ended up with "Weihrauch elbow". After that healed, I took advice from others and modified my procedure.

Now I'm looking at getting set up with a PCP. May have to sell a few of my lesser used cartridge guns to get a full setup of compressor, tank, etc.. I'll be 78 next week and the bod doesn't recover from abuse as well as it used to. When I decide on what to get, I'll probably consider cost but won't buy the least expensive gun available. Same with the accessories.

Many people don't understand how some air guns can cost so much. They also don't understand the precision that is built into them. At my age, I can't take advantage to the highest precision but can still enjoy shooting.
    John
    W.TN