WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordered a Pellet grill

I also have the rec tec 700, bought the side box also. The smoked cheese that comes out of that thing is incredible!

Boolit Master

OMG someone mentioned meatloaf... I love making freeform venison meatloaf with bacon in the smoker. Likely the best I have ever eaten.

Moderator Emeritus

Smoked meatloaf is a go to summer meal for me, bake a potato in the smoker(scrub it and toss it in, no foil needed, nice crisp skin/fluffy interior) to go with.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Smoked meatloaf is to die for
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

2 racks of ribs are going on the Pit Boss for Mothers Day.
    I am goin to use 2 different rubs.
    Jalapeno poppers are going to be the appetizer.

Boolit Master
    I'm cooking for my wife and her mom for mothers day. I have baked potatoes in right now (thanks for the idea Mary). Some steak going on in about an hour with shrimp to follow.

Boolit Master
    I am smoking 2 racks as I type this, please tell more about the meatloaf. I had a pork meatloaf at a restaurant in east Nashville last fall, outstanding. I can’t seem to get the seasoning right, any recipes?
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    I am smoking 2 racks as I type this, please tell more about the meatloaf. I had a pork meatloaf at a restaurant in east Nashville last fall, outstanding. I can’t seem to get the seasoning right, any recipes?
    Try this one
    https://heygrillhey.com/jackd-up-smoked-meatloaf/
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Ribs here also. We had a big family party and did 4 racks of ribs, a brisket, and BBQ beans in the smoker

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    I actually like to do half medium pork sausage and half 80/20 ground beef. A bunch of diced onions, diced bell pepper if I have it, Zatarains, black pepper & maybe some A1 or Heinz 57, an egg or 3 and some Italian bread crumbs.

I usually make 6-8 lbs. and divide it into 3 or 4 loafs. Wrap in bacon and smoke at 150 for 2-3 hours. I usually put brown sugar on them and turn the temperature up to about 300 until internal temp pushes past 150. I usually bring them in and broil to crisp up the bacon and get the internal temp up to about 165 then pull out of the oven. The temp will continue to climb for a while.

Boolit Buddy
    Oh yeah, we'll eat one hot, save one for sandwiches and freeze the rest for later.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the link and recipe, I may put on on 50/50 pork and venison with my chicken parts tomorrow. Wish I had gotten one of these things long time ago!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Boy am I loving this grill.
    I grilled some jumbo shrimp and fresh pineapple last night.
    Half the shrimp were marinated in teriyaki and half in orange and ginger.
    My wife is liking it too. I am doing more of the cooking....dale

Boolit Master

Had smoked red snapper tacos last night using 100% mesquite pellets. They were fantastic!

Boolit Master
    Three racks of ribs and potatoes on the smoker right now. Doing the 3-2-1 method, just pulled the foil off for the final hour of smoke. If they are half as good as they smell they will be excellent.

Boolit Master

What temp and for how long do you cook the potatoes?
    I want to try some simple bakers on the grill as well as some of the small ones chunked and cooked with olive oil, garlic, etc.

Moderator Emeritus

I never foil ribs... I like the crispy bark you get on the outside by not foiling.

Here is a rub mix I use for pork.
    2 tsp sea salt
    2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
    1 tsp. cumin
    2 tsp smoked paprika
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 tsp chilling powder
    1 tsp crushed red pepper

Place in a bowl and mix well, the put it in a shaker and get after it

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    What temp and for how long do you cook the potatoes?
    I want to try some simple bakers on the grill as well as some of the small ones chunked and cooked with olive oil, garlic, etc.
    The potatoes I had in with the ribs on Saturday were put in a little over an hour before I pulled them out. They were the small potatoes from a bag, not the big bakers you could buy pre hoarder mentality. I had the temperature at 225*. They should have had at least 30 minutes more. They were cooked but still a bit too firm for my liking. I am still trying to figure out the right timing when cooking different things at the same time. If you are only cooking potatoes I see no reason to do them any different than you would in the kitchen oven.

Moderator Emeritus

At 225 plan on 2-3 hours for a potato. When I cook chicken I am at 375 and they take a little over an hour... I like the skin really crisp so I tend to over cook them a bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast