Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lyman 311316 in M1 Carbine

Boolit Grand Master

I use the 313631 [105 gr SWC GC'd made by Lyman for the 32 H&R]. With a softer alloy used when calling coyote I HP them with the 1/8" Forster HP tool after loading.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    I use the 313631 [105 gr SWC GC'd made by Lyman for the 32 H&R]. With a softer alloy used when calling coyote I HP them with the 1/8" Forster HP tool after loading.
    Nice. They look like a cast version of the Speer Varminter.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Was asked what I used in the dremel to slightly alter and polish the M1 Carbine feed ramp as I previously pictured. Here's a photo of them along with the Cratex kit. The kit has 4 different polishers and they do an excellent job.

Disassemble the M1 carbine and put the barreled action in a padded vise held by the barrel with the top up so you can see what you're doing. The dremel tool is inserted from the bottom at a forward angle consistent with the angle of the feed ramp. The cone shaped small grinder is used to just slightly widen the feed ramp on those actions with a narrow ramp. Otherwise the straight grinder is use to slightly widen and angle the ramp to the side where the bullet nose comes out of the magazine. Go easy as it most often doesn't take much metal removal for perfect feeding.

The Cratex polishers are then used to polish the feed ramp using coarse to fine for a mirror polish.

Attachment 266386
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123