Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free! One SFRB Of Isotope Lead If You Have The Best Reason For Needing It

Boolit Grand Master

Free! One SFRB Of Isotope Lead If You Have The Best Reason For Needing It

Tell me why you would like a SFRB of Isotope lead in this Pandemic and the best reason will get it free of charge. I will be the sole arbiter of this "contest" so whatever I say goes. These are rough cast iron corn cobs from the lead a member on this sight was selling a while back. Melted and fluxed once so they will need to be worked again before casting into boolits.

I am paying back a member on here that helped me out a little bit ago. All he asked was that I help out someone down the line. "Pay it forward".

We will let this go for a few days, say, 26 April for everyone to get a chance. One week for the free lead.

So, let's hear it.
    "I need to get it to start casting"
    "I'm out of work due to the government putting me out of work'
    " I saw a tyrannosaurus in the backyard last night and i need to get ready for it when it shows again"
    " I want to take my nephew/kid/grand kid pig hunting but am short of casting material"
    Last edited by jonp; 04-19-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy

Work cut my hours back due to the oil prices putting us out of work. So in my new found spare time I built a powdercoating booth to crank out some PC bullets. Just about to run the first and (and last batch til I cast more) through it.

With all this free time I'm gonna have to find more projects to keep me busy. Some more lead would be 1 great way to keep me busy!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Dignified? I signed up for brave and courageous, not dignified!

Boolit Master
    I'd like it, but I don't actually need it, as I've got probably 1K or so of cast bullets my brother has given me, as well as a dozen or so SPM boxes of lead ingots from the same source, and 15 or 20lbs of lead in various forms I've collected over the year planning on getting back into casting. I'll be following the thread to see who wins, though. I like a good story!

Boolit Master
    this is a good thing that you are doing. GOD bless you.

Boolit Grand Master

Make it good. If there is a good response I'll put up another box as I found 100lbs I didn't know was there
    Last edited by jonp; 04-19-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Let's hear it!

Well, my lead stash is dangerously low. I have 3/4 bucket of sorted weights to smelt and only a few pounds in ingots now. I have 17 pounds of #2, and about 1/4 bucket of soft. I'm laid off for now, and I ain't got my stimulus heck yet. How's that for a sob story?

Boolit Bub
    I don't *really* need it, but: my lead stash is low. I haven't had any free time during this pandemic, as I work in IT Cloud operations for some medical providers. I've worked 100+ hours this week, so no real time for casting. That comp time is sure building up though...

Boolit Master
    Waiting on my stimulus check so I can buy a mold for a .50-70 Pedersoli. I have had the rifle several years and it is killing me like corona to not shoot it. hahaha
    EDG

Boolit Grand Master
    I live in one of the most anti-gun states.
    Lead has been declared hazardous, so can no longer get it from auto shops.
    But these days, weights are all non-lead anyway.
    Dentist no longer use x-ray, so no dental lead.
    X-ray and hospitals pay to have anything with lead taken away.
    Yet lead can still be sold by recyclers and other shops.
    Plus, living in the middle of the ocean, we have to compete with people making sinkers for any lead out there.
    Because of them, almost all lead is a contaminated mix of "who knows what".
    Antigun gooberment is always looking for ways to take away our "Right to keep and bear arms" every year.
    Plus my cat has hair balls.

Boolit Buddy
    I got more lead than I know what to do with in various forms. But until the last day, it'll never be enough.

don't need it, doesn't mean I don't want it !
    Good Judgment comes from Experience, Experience comes from Bad Judgment !

Boolit Master
    Good man.

Boolit Master
    God bless you jonp. Good luck on your search for a good home for your lead. I am sure it will make someone’s day.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

Of course I don't "need" isotope lead.

I haven't gotten my check, either.
    I filed my taxes and I haven't gotten my refund yet, either! In 2018 I earned too much.
    I retired in 2019 and then went to work part time. With my retirements and 10 weeks of work in 2019 I was well qualified for the Trump Dollars!
    I was even working this year and where I worked was shut down due to Coronavirus without warning. Just one day it was "This place is closed. Everyone go home!" and that was that. I just may give up on part time work!

So I have been loading away, but I am about to run out of Boolits and go back to casting!

I do have a 515141 mould that will work with a .50-70!

I could sure use it because you can never have enough lead. But I am blessed that I still have my job and am able to work from home during this mess. My wife's uncle sent a bucket of lead home with my wife a month ago when she went to visit them. 140 lbs that when sorted had 110 lbs of COWW. So I do not really need it, but I just wanted to thank you for doing this for someone that could really use it. You are one of the good guys.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

I have some lead stashed away, I have never seen an isotope. I think if I had one it would stay on my bench in its original form. They are pretty unique.

Boolit Master
    Well no stimulus check here. Probably won’t get one ( I’m not that lucky I seem to fall through the cracks). I’ve been pretty lucky whith wheel weight, until this virus pandemic started. The well has run dry. I’m disabled, on a fixed income, so buying lead is pretty much out of the question for now. So when my limited amount of lead I have stashed runs out ( which will be pretty darn soon) I’ll be out of casting materials. I would certainly put a flat rate box o lead to good use! Whoever you choose should be greatly appreciative! I know I would be. It is a very generous offer. In closing I would like to congratulate in advance whoever the winner may be. And offer up a great big thank you to you jonp for your generosity!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    My lead stash is getting real low. I work in a hotel so no travelers no job. I was working in a 190 room hotel and the last two weeks only have been working one day a week for 2 to 5 hours. When you only have 5 to 8 rooms sold a night they don’t need many workers. I have casted and loaded probably 500 9 mm 300 38 and 500 40 S&w and 400 45 acp. in the last three weeks. I made sure all my 5 kids 3 boys two girls had at least 100 rounds of each caliber they need at the house. My third youngest in Florida in the marines at NAS really dosent count he is safe on base. But I kept 200 45 acp for him when ever he comes back home. My reloading supplies are getting low but I have enuf powder and primers to last a few months. Iam down to my last 4 pound inget . I am trying to find wheel weights but my luck so far is not good. All the tire shops won’t sell no more. They get a recycler to pick them up now . The last batch was 90% or more steel zink any way. So I do need lead if the times do really do get bad. If people start traveling soon I will be ok but I really don’t thank it will happen any time soon .thanks for the chance to win this and who ever gets this will really appreciate it. Good luck to all

I got a stimulus payment, but Washington State grabbed it in a beautiful and totally normal snafu. So someday it'll get applied to child support. Presently I can't work due to residual problems from massive emergency internal surgery, but I get to be a stay at home dad, so not all bad. Started casting about a year ago but have yet to find a lead source that isn't tapped by someone else. That said, I am on the mainland and don't have the challenges that anyone in California or the islands would have finding lead. But once my 35lbs runs out I am out. Sound pathetic enough? Truthfully I'd like input about where I might just find lead for cheap so I can keep sourcing it. It aint cheap feeding 6 people (4 kids and me and the wife) on a teacher's salary...
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

Boolit Buddy
    My lead supply is down to one 5 gallon bucket of wheel weights. I would like to have some soft lead, as I want to get a decent hunting load worked up for a single shot 358 winchester (was a 243 Rossi that got sent to JES Reboring), have brass worked up from 308, and was gonna hunt with 180 grain XTPs, but I would really like a 180-200 grain cast load for pigs/deer. I think hunting pigs would be a great social distancing activity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast