Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: thoughts and meditation for Sunday!!!

USMC 77, USRA 79

thoughts and meditation for Sunday!!!

another nice day... might even get mail...

Beware of the Least Likely Temptation
    By Oswald Chambers

Joab had defected to Adonijah, though he had not defected to Absalom. —1 Kings 2:28

Joab withstood the greatest test of his life, remaining absolutely loyal to David by not turning to follow after the fascinating and ambitious Absalom. Yet toward the end of his life he turned to follow after the weak and cowardly Adonijah. Always remain alert to the fact that where one person has turned back is exactly where anyone may be tempted to turn back (see 1 Corinthians 10:11-13). You may have just victoriously gone through a great crisis, but now be alert about the things that may appear to be the least likely to tempt you. Beware of thinking that the areas of your life where you have experienced victory in the past are now the least likely to cause you to stumble and fall.

We are apt to say, “It is not at all likely that having been through the greatest crisis of my life I would now turn back to the things of the world.” Do not try to predict where the temptation will come; it is the least likely thing that is the real danger. It is in the aftermath of a great spiritual event that the least likely things begin to have an effect. They may not be forceful and dominant, but they are there. And if you are not careful to be forewarned, they will trip you. You have remained true to God under great and intense trials— now beware of the undercurrent. Do not be abnormally examining your inner self, looking forward with dread, but stay alert; keep your memory sharp before God. Unguarded strength is actually a double weakness, because that is where the least likely temptations will be effective in sapping strength. The Bible characters stumbled over their strong points, never their weak ones.

“…kept by the power of God…”— that is the only safety. (1 Peter 1:5).

hmmmm .. have a blessed day my friends.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Good morning Marko. I hope you and yours are well (and safe).
    Thanks for this "spot on" message if I might add:

1 Peter 5:8

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Bless you PB
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good lesson . Understanding to rely on him...not ourselves . Pine Baron's verse certainly applies well here .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Amen!

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! Temptations come from all angles, and may appear to, at least at first, be a boon. But one who always keeps his eyes on the prize, will pretty quickly figure this out. Mastering our own wills will always be the hardest job we'll ever have to do in this life. It's the lever Satan uses, very often, to pry us away from what we know to be True.