RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3D Printing - What do you want to make / have made?

Boolit Master

I do not have a 3D printer, thinking really hard about the Creality Ender 3 V2. I am afraid that I will not understand the processes or the software and it will only get used to print canned items. I am mainly interested in making reloading things for the APP and RCBS and interested in making peg board things and bench accessories.

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    I do not have a 3D printer, thinking really hard about the Creality Ender 3 V2. I am afraid that I will not understand the processes or the software and it will only get used to print canned items. I am mainly interested in making reloading things for the APP and RCBS and interested in making peg board things and bench accessories.
    Once you get the hang of it I guarantee you'll be wanting to expand your horizons and start printing stuff you never thought you'd print. I just recently printed up a set of injection molds for soft-plastic baits. I have yet to test them. I'm waiting on some Plastisol to arrive but I'm confident it will work. I'll never have to buy soft-plastic baits again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCoaFgPhrQ6/

Just about everyone starts out printing other people's ideas or designs. Once their confidence grows they move on to bigger and better things.

HollowPoint

I’d like to have a very nice set of reload trays that are stackable that don’t stack on the shells but I actually have like legs that will lock so you can stack them

Boolit Buddy
    I don't have a 3D printer....but the machine department at work does. I've had them print/make up some primer catch trays that fit MEC shotshell reloaders.

An adapter for the Lee APP bullet sizer die catch bottle. I like to use Gatorade or ice tea bottles to catch sized bullets but the threads are 30mm . The Lee bottles are too small and powder bottles are opaque. I modified the the part that holds the changeable dies in place by attaching a lid with a 5/8" hole in the center to the bottom of the die holder .
    Before you break into my house stand outside and get right with Jesus tell him you're on your way!!

Moderator Emeritus

I just got a Bambu X1 Carbon with the AMS. Wow, what a difference over that *** Creality garbage. Everything has printed great so far with no adjustments or animal sacrifices. Can even set the AMS (unit holds four spools) to use another spool if your current runs out or to print in multiple colors, etc.. I will be learning one of the cad programs during my rehab after surgery which is why I got the printer. Decent size bed and fast. Highly recommended so far and I did a bunch of research before buying. I would never buy another Creality machine after my lousy experience with them and their out right lies and lousy customer service.

Boolit Bub
    I've spent a lot of the winter working on this design. https://youtu.be/W9kQ49Q6KIw

Boolit Master
    That's a very good design and very useful. Congrats.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks. Learning 3D design really elevates the level of enjoyment of 3D printing. 90% of my applications relate back to my shooting hobby.

Boolit Bub
    Also, I'm willing to share the design to anyone interested. For best results, I recommend a router and table saw. The table saw is required in order to rip the 'sliding' wood pieces to 1.75" width. Cross vsticks at 1.5" work fine, but ripping a 2.5" (1x3") to 2" is also necessary if you prefer 2" vs 1.5" cross sticks. Feel free to pm me so we can discuss the 3D printing requirements and how you would like the design files (.stl, .3mf, .step, or even the entire Fusion 360 .f3d file). The design includes router setup templates to use on a router table that position the bit to the exact distance from the fence and height of the bit. Also, templates to position the exact locations of all the holes that need to be drilled. I plan to do another video on the exact steps from raw wood to finished sticks to demonstrate the process to build these in the order that achieves the best results. There is a lot of printing involved -- ~15-20 hours depending on the printer.

Boolit Master
    @flemdoug: I'd love to take you up on the offer but since the city moved city limits to adjoining my property and built a subdivision adjoining my property I don't get much shooting in. Totally ruined my shooting range.

So, I'll regretfully pass on the offer. It does sound like a fun project.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123