Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3D Printing - What do you want to make / have made?

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn
    Dead primer catcher for a Bair C frame press is what Im wanting.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post
    With what original Atlas gears cost on theBay, if you got a file together that printed the gears well you could have a nice little side business among that fan base.

BDGR
    Thingiverse has the files. You need a printer that will print at least 9" across. Mine will do up to 12", but it's going to take a couple of days to print. And I want to use ABS, which means it needs an enclosure. And I really want to be able to design stuff myself, instead of just using other people's designs. It's going to take some time to get where I want to be.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHarmless View Post
    Solidworks is a pretty decent program to learn on. Youtube has a fair number of tutorials. A lot of them will be for older versions, but with a little "translation" work between the corresponding versions it's not bad. I wanna say I've read their customer support is decent/

If you're interested in coding based design, OpenScad is incredibly powerful, but tough to learn.

My college used NX, which I'm now comfortable using, but it's got the depth and breadth of an ocean (like they design nuclear subs with it), and it's not as user friendly as Solidworks.
    I've never been a capable programmer. I've been able to hack some BASIC and Pascal programs, back in the day, to do what I wanted if they were close, but never managed to successfully write a complete and complex program. My brain doesn't work well that way. I have a copy of OpenSCAD, but haven't managed to use it for anything but getting frustrated. Solidworks has a program for veterans where a 1-year license for the educational version is $20. I've sprung for it twice, but not spent enough time to actually learn anything on it so far. Partially, that's because I'm also learning to be a machinist. Took a class in high school something like 46 years ago, and wasn't bright enough to take another class until SWMBO said I should late in 2014. Started full-time in February 2015, and after a couple of months switched to part time, and been doing it since then. Also have a bunch of health issues in my family, and was working full time. I'm now retired, and working on dealing with some of the other challenges to spending time on the things I want to do.

Boolit Grand Master

I need to make an adapter for a round Lee primer tray to fill Dillon tubes. Those trays orient very primer correctly and I have a bunch of extras. Plus I hate filing primer tubes.

Boolit Mold
    If there is a print media that would burn out clean you can print a reciever and sand cast it still would need a lot of clean up nut you shoulf be able to cut way down on machine time

Sent from my HP Chromebook x360 11 G1 EE using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    Thingiverse has the files. You need a printer that will print at least 9" across. Mine will do up to 12", but it's going to take a couple of days to print. And I want to use ABS, which means it needs an enclosure. And I really want to be able to design stuff myself, instead of just using other people's designs. It's going to take some time to get where I want to be.
    My printer dies last week, but I've ordered a new one that can print 12" square. I'll fab an enclosure on receipt so I can resume printing ABS, Nylon and PETG carbon fiber.

We'll get there!

BDGR

Boolit Master

Anybody like to make one of these for me? Let me know how much. Not directly tied to reloading/ but it aids in milling my bullet molds (removing the GC ring).
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2350108

Quote Originally Posted by Racefiets View Post
    Wanted to make a bullet collator but i was to late to download the files.
    In the US, I just did a search for "Open Source Bullet Feeder" and found all hits one could ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    Anybody like to make one of these for me? Let me know how much. Not directly tied to reloading/ but it aids in milling my bullet molds (removing the GC ring).
    I'm still an amateur with Cura, so I've written my son to see if he can setup the g-code file with the 80% infill. Don't hold your breath, he's still in the early stage of his first girl friend, relationship. If he can slice it, I'll print it for you.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by remy3424 View Post
    I was hoping to see someone printed a single shot follower for a Savage Model 25 in 17 Hornet...they are terrible feeding from the detactable magazine. Please print 2 if you print one!
    I would like to have one too for my 22 Hornet!

Boolit Master

Spindle Lock

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dbosman View Post
    I'm still an amateur with Cura, so I've written my son to see if he can setup the g-code file with the 80% infill. Don't hold your breath, he's still in the early stage of his first girl friend, relationship. If he can slice it, I'll print it for you.
    Hi,
    If dbosman can’t do it for you, I can.
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Hi,
    If dbosman can’t do it for you, I can.
    Ed
    It should be finished this evening. My son surprised me early this morning with the file.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dbosman View Post
    It should be finished this evening. My son surprised me early this morning with the file.
    Hi dbosman,
    That's great. I wasn't trying to get into your business, just offering an alternative. Glad you got it. If you have any questions on how to set up the infill in Cura, please shoot me a PM.
    Ed

Boolit Master

Great, let me know what I owe. Thanks a million fellas.

Filament is cheap. We already paid for the printer. It runs unattended. I'm happy to help where I can.
    Someone will need something you can do or make, some day.

Please PM me your address.
    I even get used bubble mailers free for the recycling. .

Boolit Master

A Savage Model 25 22 Hornet magazine with more room inside so I can seat longer bullets out to proper length!

Boolit Master

Many thanks to dbosman (and son) for the tooling made for my Mill. Received the device today. That will save many a chipped or broken pieces of tooling.

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    I've made all kinds of useful stuff since buying my first 3D printer. There was a slight learning curve but once I got the hang of it that 3D printer came in real handy.

Here's my short list of just some of the stuff I've been able to make with my printer. To describe it all would take me to long to write and far to long to read for that matter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-qJ7Eah3yZ/ Suppressor

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9YCvmChQtT/ Scope Mount

https://www.instagram.com/p/B82IX8oJxP6/ Magazine

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6CTemLhozk/ Gimble

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4qK8arhoOE/ Brass Catcher

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2IjsXHhNuJ/ Fishing Lures

Thanks to the Trump Stimulus check I just recently bought a new Epax X1 3D resin printer. With resin prints I now have the ability to print with much tighter tolerances so I'll probably be revisiting some of my previous 3D filament printed models.

I've already started with the fishing lures I'd printed before with my FDM filament printer. I think that whatever model of 3D printer you decide to go with will be your first step toward nurturing your creative side.

It seems that lots of folks buy 3D printers to print little trinkets and such. I don't have a problem with that but I've never been one to print stuff that I can't get specific usage out of. I like designing and printing stuff I can put to good use.

HollowPoint

Boolit Grand Master

3D Printing - What do you want to make / have made?

Could have used one over the weekend. I modified the kids power wheels to run off Bosch 18v batteries. I bought battery adapters that were 3D printed on eBay. And then had to mount everything together including the motor speed controller. If I had a 3D printer I could have printed one piece that would have included the adapter for the batteries and mounting holes for the motor speed controller. I really need to buy a printer.

Moderator Emeritus

There is a kickstart running on the Crealty CR-6 SE now. Think can get it for around $320 if that phase is still open. I really thought about it but I have to many other projects going.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast