Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: International Clays

International Clays

I bought a pound of this powder by mistake and rather than throw it out I am looking of loads you might have developed for ay of these pistol calibers. 9MM, 38spl. .357Mag, 40S&W, 10MM, 45acp or 45 LC.

I have readd this powder has a bit of a sketchy reputation. From reading, I have learned it was developed for 20 gauge shotgun loads.Any comments you want to make or loads you might have found useful I would appreciate if you would share your information. I am not looking for fire breathing loads. Really just loads I can use up the powder in range practice shooting in any of the above calibers.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

I know that Hodgdon has published some cowboy action loads in .38 spl in the past but as you say there is not a lot of information on using it in other than 12 & 20 gauge loads.

I used to shoot skeet and used it in 20 ga. and when I quit shooting skeet I had several pounds left over. What I have been doing is using it up in rifle cases like the Harris "the Load", 13 gr. of Red Dot. I just exchange the International for the Red Dot as International is slightly slower that Red Dot and similar to Green Dot. This has worked out quite well, not stellar accuracy but acceptable. I'm now down to about 1/2 pound and when that is gone I will buy no more.

Ken

Boolit Grand Master
    Check the Hodgdon site for the others, but I have used 3.0 grains with a 158 grain SWC in 38 Spl. Shoots pretty well.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Check the Hodgdon site for the others, but I have used 3.0 grains with a 158 grain SWC in 38 Spl. Shoots pretty well.
    That is what I was looking for. I'll try loading some up tomorrow . THis will be better than using it for fertilizer.

Thanks.

Take Care

Bpb
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Man
    Good luck finding info.

I have 1 lb of titewad that Im having the same problem with.

Boolit Master

Eight grains in my Remington 700 .308 under a 180 grain cast bullet shoots very well. Haven't chronographed the load but probably in the 1,150 to 1,200 fps. range is my guess.
    Rick

Boolit Master
    I was gifted an 8 lb keg of the stuff. I use it in the 40 S&W, for IPSC, and subsonic .357 mag, plinking loads in my rifle. It performs well in these applications. I know the Hodgdon Cowboy loading manual, lists some data for this powder. I think their preferred trend, is for the larger calibers, with the heavier bullets, at moderate pressures.

If you have a safe load for 40 cal I would be pleased if you would share it. I assume it makes major.

Take Care

Bob

Boolit Grand Master
    In the past, I have had quick and informative information by sending an email to Alliant. They have load data that is not published but has been tested.

I have used it for shotshells but have never had a need to use it for reduced rifle or for pistol loads. Sorry I cannot help out.
    Don Verna

Moderator Emeritus

Love it for my 12ga trap and handicap loads. Never tried it for anything else. Let us know what you come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Love it for my 12ga trap and handicap loads. Never tried it for anything else. Let us know what you come up with.
    Will do. The powder is next up for 38Spl. If it isn't raining today I should be able to run some rounds over the Chrono.

Take Care

Bob