Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Actual Velocity Data For 5744 In 357 Mag or 45LC

Boolit Grand Master

Actual Velocity Data For 5744 In 357 Mag or 45LC

I bought some Shooters World Buffalo Rifle to compare with 5744 in my .416 Ruger as it's supposed to be a direct replacement. I have not been able to round up any 5744 to make a direct velocity comparison so am hoping to get some actual data that I can use to do a 1:1 match with Buffalo Rifle.

Does anyone have actual velocity data they obtained testing out 5744 in either 357Mag or 45LC using either cast or jwords? Any weights would help.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    i got 5744 data compare to buffalo rifle data in 30-30. i also got buffalo rifle data in 357 mag rifle. i will round the data up and post it later. but what i can remember in the 30-30 i had to add a little more buffalo rifle to get the same fps as 5744. in the 357 mag i got the starting load data from ken johnson of shooters world. but i did not like the load/loads, it did not have the punch to knock over the 200 meter ram in big bore lever action silhouette. i like buffalo rifle powder and because of the price of 5744 i will not be buying any more 5744.

Boolit Master
    I use it in my .35 Whelen, charges worked out the same. Performance was equal too