Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Stimulus check/direct deposit???

Boolit Master

If you haven't gotten a check I suggest you go to the IRS website. I went there and they said they couldn't send out a check because they didn't know our address. We've filed every year from the same address for 30 years. Gives one real faith in the government.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by avogunner View Post
    Yes..... and it makes me sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One of the few in this thread.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Spent it on wife's She Shed. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	She Shed.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	263047

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cabezaverde View Post
    You know we are hanging all this on our kids and grandkids, right?
    Maybe. I'm pretty sure it will come out of next year's tax return. I usually get between $1200 and $1800 back due to being single and making just under $50k a year.

I suspect next year, I will get little to no tax return, and those that have to typically pay in, will have to pay more.

For me, I used the money to pay property taxes. Others have used it to put food on the table. Most I know bought more guns/ammunition. I agree that it was overall a dumb move, but it is what it is. The way things are going, debt is the least of the worries for our kids/grandkids.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Buddy
    We finally found ours yesterday.

Two years ago we received our refund via prepaid Visa. We were told that it had been canceled (2 years of no use) and the direct deposit would be refused and we would be mailed a check.

They were wrong. It was put on a debit card that we don't have. And..... They charge $4.95 a month for the privilege. We will have paid $9.90 in fees before we even get a replacement card.

Not a lot of money but it irritates me anyway.

Boolit Man
    They sent mine to the bank account which i filed taxes for in 2018. Didnt account for the latest child due to this but im not gonna complain.

Boolit Master

The IRS website shows they haven't processed my mailed in form 1040. Mailed in March.
    There is a notice on the website that they are closed (tax advocates!) to protect their employees during this crisis.

No tax refund. No Trump bucks. No one to answer questions. I had to pay postage to mail the form 1040 so at least I have proof I actually filed. I don't have any way to find out if they actually received it.

I recently received a US Bank ReliaCard Debit card in the mail. I wonder if this is related to Trump bucks or not. Anyone know? The ReliaCard is supposed to be for Gov't payments. I have not filed for unemployment or social security. I can't think of why else I would get it.

Banned
    My Wuhan Welfare check arrived on May 15th. I quickly put it in the bank to cover the State income tax, I broke even.
    Like Idaho 45 says, next year could be a tax disaster.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post

I recently received a US Bank ReliaCard Debit card in the mail. I wonder if this is related to Trump bucks or not. Anyone know? The ReliaCard is supposed to be for Gov't payments. I have not filed for unemployment or social security. I can't think of why else I would get it.
    That's your stimulus payment. It's been all over the news for over a month that the government is sending those out to those that they don't have updated direct deposit info for.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    The IRS website shows they haven't processed my mailed in form 1040. Mailed in March.
    There is a notice on the website that they are closed (tax advocates!) to protect their employees during this crisis.

No tax refund. No Trump bucks. No one to answer questions. I had to pay postage to mail the form 1040 so at least I have proof I actually filed. I don't have any way to find out if they actually received it.

ReliaCard was due to someone filling a fraudulent claim for unemployment in my name. Luckily, I contacted ReliaCard to find out why they issued it to me.

Yesterday I received notification my Federal refund from my 1040 would be deposited tomorrow. WooHoo!!!

Still no status on stimulus money (Trump Bucks!). Maybe soon now.

I e-filed my fed taxes in March. Have yet to receive my refund. Over 4 months ago. Their web site is useless and they don't answer the phone, I'm not alone on this one. I know several people with the same complaint.

Boolit Master

Still no activity here. Anybody recently get theirs after filing a paper 1040 in March or later?
    I filed a paper 1040 in late March and finally received my refund in mid July. No Trump Bucks yet. I am eligible now, but in 2018 I would not have been.

USMC 77, USRA 79

dont feel bad BM.... i got a letter saying we will be receiving the card, but nothing....
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Economic Impact Payment info has now been updated!

It sucks.
    Now the IRS website says if they determined you were ineligible based on your 2018 return, filing your 2019 return will not change that. Instead, when you file your 2020 return in 2021 you can claim it then if you maintain eligibility until then. What a joke! Inflation will destroy much of its value by then.

Here are Answers 7 and 8 which show that. Their site won't let me copy the Questions. These answers were updated Aug 10, 2020.

A7. Yes, the IRS will continue to process 2019 tax returns and issue payments to individuals who have not already received a payment and have not already been determined to be ineligible based on their 2018 tax returns.

If these individuals are determined to be eligible based on their 2019 tax returns, their payments will be issued shortly thereafter. The status will be reflected in the Get My Payment application.

These individuals will receive information regarding the payments through Notice 1444, Your Economic Impact Payment, within a few weeks after the payments are made. This notice will be mailed to each recipient’s last known address and should be kept with their records.

When filing their 2020 tax returns in 2021, these individuals can refer to Notice 1444 and claim additional amounts based on the 2020 tax returns if they are eligible.

A8. No. If the IRS has determined that a taxpayer was not eligible for a payment based on the taxpayer’s 2018 tax return, and then the taxpayer files a 2019 tax return that shows eligibility, the IRS will not issue a payment in 2020 based on the 2019 tax return. These taxpayers can claim amounts based on their 2020 tax returns in 2021 if they remain eligible for 2020.
    Last edited by BrassMagnet; 09-10-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345