Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: Light reading for shutins

Boolit Master

Light reading for shutins

I have made some new slugs for my .30 Cal. Wolverine, after many tries I have a slug that will outshoot the JSB 50 grain pellets. I had been told that the gun would not do that because of the "choked" barrel. When it warms here I can stretch the range some and get out the chronograph. The bullet is an 80 grainer and my third try at this weight, I have two other molds that I tried at around 80 grains but no cigar. Slugs cast med. hard would not chamber so I tried them dead soft and with lube and viola!!

Boolit Master

Nice, did you make the mold your self?
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Master
    No it is an Accurate mold that I had to open up a lot.

Boolit Buddy
    Good to know it can be done. I am having a heck of a time with my 20gr NOE hunter pellets and 27gr HP slugs. The pellets spiral out of control about 95% of the time. The slugs are better but after 50 yards they start spiraling as well. Inside of 50 yards the slugs will hold about a 1" group with some fliers. My FX Impact will hold the JSB 18.3gr pellets inside 1/2" at 50 yards. Not seeing it with my cast yet. Tried the pellet liner as well as the slug liner. Next on the list to try is a batch of pure lead. I have been trying to use up a 75-25 mix in the pot of pure and WW.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, it's a lot easier to get pellets to shoot good, just keep buying diff. ones until you get the right one. Not quite so easy with slugs/boolits.