Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One LEE boolit I will no long PC

Boolit Buddy
    I have 2 , 40 caliber pistols . A S&W MP compact and a Sig P226 . I use the LEE 401-170 TL mold and powder coat . I run them through the LEE push through sizing die after coating . I just swirl over a 100 bullets in a tub , dump over a screen to get rid of excess powder and dump in a pan lined with non stick aluminum foil and bake for 15 mins @ 400 degrees . I have had no problems chambering in either gun . They shoot accurately and barrel is clean . Regards Paul

Boolit Master

The best 9mm load I've found is the LEE 356-125-2R using range scrap (BHN 9-10) powder coated twice and basket baked twice with HF red at 400F for 20 minutes and then sized to 0.357. I use a deep case expander to ensure no tipping when seating, 3.8 gr W231, OAL 1.110 and then LEE FCD as final step. These rounds are too tight to drop into my 9mm guage but plunk and feed fine in the Glock 17, Sig P320, Beretta 92FS, and Taurus pistols. Being a slightly larger diameter and not crushed when seating cured my 9mm leading problems. My 9mm pistols all seem to have a different lead but the LEE nose profile works in all of them.

Boolit Buddy
    For the 124 2R I’m finding an OAL of 1.080 is required for my Sig’s and 1.065 for my CZ. Very short and from what I’ve read typical for that bullet profile.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TjB101 View Post
    For the 124 2R I’m finding an OAL of 1.080 is required for my Sig’s and 1.065 for my CZ. Very short and from what I’ve read typical for that bullet profile.
    I am doing exactly that. I had PC'd over 3000 of these little projos, and couldn't bear to just remelt them. I normally set them out to about 1.12 to 1.15, which as I mentioned above, worked fine on the black Harbor Freight PC, but apparently it is a thinner film, that allows that to be done.

The other mistake I found myself doing was trying to close the "bell" on the case mouth too much while seating the boolit, which apparently was putting some extra down pressure on the nose, and "obturating" the ogive slightly. I backed the die body off slightly, and let the Lee FC die straighten out the crimp, and viola, they plunk just fine.

If I shoot them in nothing else but my 92 FS and the HP carbine, they plunk even out to 1.15 on both firearms, but I still use the case guage as my standard in case I get another pistol soon with a tighter chamber. I don't want to segregate ammo for my toys.

I have a LEE bore rider for my 7mm-08 that turns out does not like PC either. The nose engraves and is impossible to load into my Handi unless I turn the boolit 10 thou down. They LLA well so nothing is lost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12