WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COVID-19 & Easter Services

Moderator Emeritus

First He gave His life for us, and left behind a grand collection of instruction and advice for us, but He also provided us with a huge brain, compared to all other creatures here, and an ability to use it, if we but simply will. I have most of the weaknesses that Covid-19 preys on, and I do NOT think Christ would have me expose myself to them unnecessarily. If I'm wrong in this, then I'm sincerely wrong. But I don't believe I am. My wife goes to work every day, despite my pleas to stay home. We'll see how that works out. I have only the Lord to protect me now.

Boolit Master

It would seem that one of the congregation leaders involved in this controversy has been killed by the virus: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/virgi...b6cc788eae79bc

I suppose ANYBODY looking for guidance on the matter just got some. Erg.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    Slug, I think you're missing the point; no one has suggested the public should dismiss the hazard of the virus. What some of us find offensive is that gobberment bureaucrats are making illegal rules and enforcing their rules with the power of gobbermunt guns and jails against citizens simply exercising freedom of religion as they choose.

My church leaders decided to hold services normally; I deciided to not attend at this time. That's freedom of religion as it should be and I won't meekly get on my knees and bow to "govmint experts" telling me if, how and when I may attend services. I like freedom of religion, I think that's what our founders intended for a free people.

In fact, freedom of (legitimate) religion is one of the freedoms I once chose to defend to the death by wearing a uniform in service to the lofty ideals of this constitutional republic; those are your freedom's as well as mine. And, while you and I strongly disagree on religion, I will still do all I can to protect your right to be wrong.

Like most happy-clappy liberal anti-gun rules, the current political "no church services" rules are NOT constitutional, they're more "well meant" government tyranny! I'm not happy about that, nor am I happy that so many of our people have meekly bent their knees before unconstitutional tyranny.

To put all this in words even non-religious people on this website can understand, "expert" political powers to restrict our freedoms "for our own good" mindset also threatens our private ownership and use of firearms.

Note: The only natural hazards for American firearms is rust and politicians - especially Democrats working hard to "help the [docile] little people!" I can be screwed by gobermunt (they have many more guns and trigger fingers than I do) but I'm not docile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12