MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marlin in 35 Rem

Boolit Master

Marlin in 35 Rem

I've come across a Marlin lever in 35 Remington. I was kind of surprised to see it here in North Texas. The same person also had a Ruger Deerfield.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Grand Master
    He was probably an old school hunter as opposed to a technowizardlongrangeshooterhunter. Just my prejudice showing through.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    I've come across a Marlin lever in 35 Remington. I was kind of surprised to see it here in North Texas. The same person also had a Ruger Deerfield.
    Watch him, he may be a Yankee. Trade him AR15 wampum for them guns.

Boolit Buddy
    I can think of a lot worse choices than an old 35 Rem Marlin lever gun. I have a 1955 vintage well worn example. The full power factory load gets your attention. Plus I can load 150 grain pistol bullets w a small charge of Unique for fun shooting at the yearly family "Pig-Nic" .. Everyone likes to shoot that old rifle. uncle mike

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Watch him, he may be a Yankee. Trade him AR15 wampum for them guns.
    Hey, I resemble that! I only have 3 -336's in 35 Rem & 1 win 94 in 30-30. Haven't shot any of them in 40yrs as I'm in a shotgun only area for hunting.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I own both.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NyFirefighter357 View Post
    Hey, I resemble that! I only have 3 -336's in 35 Rem & 1 win 94 in 30-30. Haven't shot any of them in 40yrs as I'm in a shotgun only area for hunting.
    ya know ya don't have to be hunting to shoot 'em, don't ya?

Boolit Buddy
    Mine came from north Texas. Just happened to be in the shop when it was brought in by the gentlemen selling it. Used it hog hunting, ammo was tough to come by down home, stocked up last time he found some and it kicked a little too much for his liking. He asked the shop owner if he was interested in ammo for it too, what cha got he replied. Fella came back in with several hundred rounds of leverrevolution . I purchased the 336 after a little negotiation (he bought it right let’s say). Didn’t take long to find why it was traded in. Lift gate was not right from the factory and it locked open. I fixed it and now have a good late JM 336.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0108.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	260215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buck 2017 (2).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	260218
    Every now and then someone that uses these old outdated rifles and calibers get a deer.

DEP

Moderator Emeritus

Huh. Former Jersey yankee and I have three of them

Moderator Emeritus

I have one but have always been fond of that caliber.....
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

I am loading the RCBS copy bullet by Lee at 1500 FPS with unique. No complaints about recoil. Mine is a mid-fifties waffle top in the configuration of pistol grip and 2/3 tube. My favorite config. I would work with pistol bullets except that is why I have a 1894C.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerd View Post
    ya know ya don't have to be hunting to shoot 'em, don't ya?
    It's getting harder & harder to find places to shoot. I don't like public ranges. Your right but the little I get out I spend either checking sights or letting the wife & kids shoot. I haven't hunted in several years & haven't taken a shot in about 3 years. I'm looking to load pistol rounds in the 35 for some fun.

Boolit Master
    I inherited from 3 different people. I only shot one of the 35's as a kid.

I got two 336s and two Rem pumps and one #8 in 35. My main deer gun is Rem 141 /35cal. I’ve shot a lot of deer with it. I’m a stalker not a stump hunter and the thicker the cover the better. I’ve shot my share with a 30/30 but they don’t have the wack factor of a 35 with 200gr bullets. My 336s are both 30/30s. I’m looking for a Marauder 35. Don’t like levers with pistol grips. That’s why I offed both my 35 and 375 Marlins. Straight grip and receiver sight fits my style of hunting. Fast, Furious and close.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Here’s two deer I dropped with 180 Speer hot core J words last season loaded at 2350 FPS.

I have two 35 Remington’s. One limited run 7600 carbine and a 1970 anniversary 336. Also a limited run 35 whelen 7600 carbine. My Ruger carbine semi auto 44 mag is a blast to shoot but I normally use my 77/44 instead. The 35 Rem has way more drop em in their tracks power and knock down then the 44’s.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 04-13-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    That's my go to hog gun, drops them quite nicely.

Boolit Master

I'm helping his widow sell off the collection.

First batch was 17 rifles.

This batch is 24 handguns and 10 rifles...not sure on the rifle count as I haven't gotten them cataloged yet.

There is still one side to the safe that's mainly shotguns and a few rifles.

He was a fellow Veteran and she really needed the help. I'm doing all I can to get her top dollar for these firearms. She needs the money. It's been a lot of work, but I really don't mind.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Just another's opinion.
    25_30_32_35s Rems never got their due. {John Browning/ Remington creations.} All those cartridges were designed to steal away Winchester 94s market place popularity without infringing on Patent Rights. I'll bet Mr. Browning never got over that covert fiasco.
    When comparing ballistic stats: 32 Special marginally betters that of the 35's in all 100 yard category's.

25 Rem_/_25-35 win__32 Rem_/_32 Special
    30 Rem_/_30-30 win__35 Rem_/_38-55 win

The .35 Rem is a great cartridge that would be even greater if it had the .476 case head of the 8x57(people say "06 case head" but first is first.....). I've read that it was meant to mimic the .33 Win.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast